+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Shaolonfeng
  • 2 Post By Ray Crios
  • 1 Post By thegriffin88
  • 2 Post By ChamberDown
  • 1 Post By PrincessToxic
  • 1 Post By JICHAEL

Thread: Being a rogue, what is there to know about PvP?

Soulwalker

Default Being a rogue, what is there to know about PvP?

Being a rogue and i usually just stand back and have my companion out and i`m usually just shooting the left over people with low health. But, Isn`t there more to PvP? Is there some stuff that i`m missing?
    If your reading this..your reading this

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ThissisSPARTA View Post
    Being a rogue and i usually just stand back and have my companion out and i`m usually just shooting the left over people with low health. But, Isn`t there more to PvP? Is there some stuff that i`m missing?
    reroll to cleric inq or mage pyro, stand behind cast 2-3 spells and 2-3 shot non-tank specs.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    reroll to cleric inq or mage pyro, stand behind cast 2-3 spells and 2-3 shot non-tank specs.
    Or you could just use Marksman, purge everyone and wreck other players fairly quickly. Try out physician and never die or let other players die. Go assassin or nightblade, creep up behind people and give them a heart attack.

Long story short; DO NOT REROLL!
    Last edited by Shaolonfeng; 06-06-2015 at 03:52 AM.
    Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

Plane Touched

Rogue is one of the most versatile classes out there.

This is also not helping me. WTF is with these forums and not helping with this question?

MM tho, definitely.
    I try not to think. -Spike, Cowboy Bebop.

Rift Disciple

Best thing to do as a rogue imo is play 61 bard or bard/nb until you get gear so you help your team while you dont have the gear to carry games. Once you get gear if you have good heals you can run NB which is insanely good for killing healers or mm which has a **** ton of utility (2 buff purge on short cd, 5s debilitate + int, knockback, root, aoe knockback) and some of the best damage in the game.

TL;DR: play bard until gear, then play marksman unless you have heals, in which case play NB and kill healers
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Soulwalker

Thumbs down replie

Quote Originally Posted by thegriffin88 View Post
    This is also not helping me. WTF is with these forums and not helping with this question?

MM tho, definitely.
    people are trying too help although i aint as your attitude and potty mouth suck

Quote Originally Posted by ThissisSPARTA View Post
    PvP is a very dynamic environment with a lot of changing variables. My suggestion would be to read up on the game types or watch videos to find out what the objectives are and common strategies to win those objectives. Then you can decide which specs you would like to build and carry to help with particular objectives.

For instance, on a map like Blighted Antechamber, as a rogue, you have quite a few options. One of the popular options is to use an Assassin build or Nightblade build because this map works very well for melee as it has a lot of tight corners. The stealth is also great for stopping those 1 person straggle teams from back capturing points your team already captured. You can also do very well helping to get the flag from stealth.

For a 2nd example, on a map like Whitefall Steppes where you have a large map with some decent line of sight objects, but nothing too crazy, a ranged build would be better here such as Marksman. The other advantage of playing Marksman here, is that you can use your knockbacks to strategically interrupt cast time healers and break up the group of players. If you already have a lot of strong ranged dps, you can also swap to Physician to keep your team members alive. Remember not to be in front as a healer, always be far enough back that the enemy team can't focus you without pushing the combat line and risking being focused themselves.

Another example is a map like Black Garden, where there are 2 main game types, which involve holding the "Fang of Regulos" to gain points, or the other game type, which involves 3 points, and you and your team having to hold as many as you can to gain points for the win. On this map, I will typically run Marksman on the Fang matches, because one of the main strategies teams use here is to gaggle up in the middle and use constant aoe to prevent anyone from picking up with fang. Well as a marksman, you can use your two knockbocks to assist in getting these players back for just enough time to pick up the fang. The other reason Marksman is strong here, is because of the sheer amount of line of sight objects. If you begin to be focused, you can immediately line of site behind a spire or tree. On the 3 point objective version, you can run Marksman as well, but sometimes I"ll run a NB/Sin variant, or NB/RS variant and split 2 points to defend. It all depends on how good the players are on your team. A lot of times you'll find assassins running around in stealth trying to find unguarded capture points. So you can alternatively stealth up in assassin and hold one point, although this strategy typically only works well if your team is watching the map well, as eventually more than 1 person will likely come after that point and you will need backup.

There are different ways to win the warfronts, but the important thing to remember here is that this is a team game and an objective game. this is NOT a team deathmatch from your Call of Duty days. People will boast about their killing blows and their damage and healing out. But the truth is, that is not how you win a match. I've been in matches where the other team had top 4 highest DPS, and still lost horribly, because they weren't playing the objectives. Learn to read the map, learn to coordinate with your teammates or listen to instructions if someone is making calls. Learn what bad calls look like. Teach other players who do not know how to play instead of belittling them, and overall, have some fun. Although a lot of people cry about Rift PvP, it's still probably one of the better PvP environments I've played in, in my personal opionion. Hope this was helpful.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolonfeng View Post
    Or you could just use Marksman, purge everyone and wreck other players fairly quickly. Try out physician and never die or let other players die. Go assassin or nightblade, creep up behind people and give them a heart attack.

Long story short; DO NOT REROLL!
    i liked because of your gamer girl quote <3

btw im a rogue and i always go as heals in pvp. I rarely ever die, unless its a group killing me. I generally try and pair up with 4 other heals and we do a premade. its awesome.

MM also is nice in pvp, and if you go assassin you can tear someone a new ahole...

Playing a rogue as pvp, esp sneaking around is probably the most fun part of the game while pvp, both battlegrounds and open world.

The roles can be tricky, I have seen some players sneaking around with a pet as a ranger and that is so stupid lol.

The rogues can do a lot of amazing things, depend on the build. One time I went in the lake and noticed there was a player trying to kill mobs underwater. So I waited til the fight is over then sap him. Well he didn't last long due to drowning.

Having multi friends as rogues can be insane, sneaking around, sapping all day. Of course this is call harassment, so don't go there or might get reported.

Any advice on learning how to play your spec for PvP? My main is rogue that works well in dungeons and such, but in spite of using a 61 MM build, I'm just favor-fodder for the other team. I know my gear is garbage, but I can't use that as an excuse. The truth is, I just don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not sure where to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherswing View Post
    Any advice on learning how to play your spec for PvP? My main is rogue that works well in dungeons and such, but in spite of using a 61 MM build, I'm just favor-fodder for the other team. I know my gear is garbage, but I can't use that as an excuse. The truth is, I just don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not sure where to learn.
    Learn MM and Sin.

MM is the safest and probably strongest option right now (and very easy to play in PvP). Sin is easy to play/learn not as good as MM but more fun..

Don't go alone if your undergeared and make sure you constantly move from left to right of your group and then back again; this will confuse the tab-target crowd..(95% of the people )
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

+ Reply to Thread