Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kickn4fun
  • 2 Post By Deeew
  • 1 Post By detpack
  • 1 Post By Sheo

Thread: Mage PvP: Chloromancer

Rift Chaser

Default Mage PvP: Chloromancer

There seems to be a lot of dissent that Chloromancer is viable in PvP, but I fully believe and practice that it is highly useful. I just wish we could Synth/Symbiosis ourselves, so we can survive better...

Here's my Chloromancer build:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Wgc/FkGGiBiAGl4/gA

The purpose with which I chose the endurance in Arbiter over the intelligence, is simple survival. Others may argue that it doesn't really need it, and the int. is better so do that. This is your choice. Once you get focused in PvP, it's hard to stay alive anyhow, I just want that little extra chance to survive and keep healing. In case there is a baddie tickling me.

Here's my macros:

PvP burst
    #show Synthesis
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Synthesis
    cast Symbiosis
    cast Ruin
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast Withering Vine

Main Heal
    #show Void Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Living Energy
    cast Living Shell
    cast Void Life
    cast Resurgence
    cast Ruin
    cast Corrosive Spores
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Break Free

Save
    #show Nature's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Corrosive Spores
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Bloom
    cast Withering Vine

ST Heal
    #show Natural Healing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Healing Torrent
    cast Resurgence
    cast Bloom
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Natural Healing

Cleanse
    #show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group01 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group02 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group03 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group04 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group05 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group06 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group07 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group08 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group09 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group10 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group11 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group12 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group13 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group14 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group15 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group16 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group17 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group18 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group19 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group20 Nature's Cleansing

Rez
    #show seed of life
    s Thou shalt lie in slumber no more, %T!
    cast Ascended Resurrection

Other abilities to have on your action bar:
    Wild Growth, Cleansing Rush, Radiant Spores, Essence Surge, Blight, and Entropic Veil.

I position my raid frames right above my bottom action bars, and my target portrait above that. This way I can see at a quick glance which bars are dark green, light green, and which light green bars are taking damage and I need to heal. I then click on the bar that needs healing. Depending on how low they are, I may use Essence Surge to get a quick boost to their health, or go right into the PvP Burst macro.

This is about the best I can figure that Chloro can do for a burst heal.. It's ok, if you get a crit it's worth about 4-6k. Non crit, about 2-3k. After that opening, use the Main Heal macro to start to bring up the health of your target. Once you get 3-4 stacks of Boon of Life, you can use your Save macro if you feel the need. This will probably have healed your teammate to nearly full, if not all the way. Unless there is a Pyro beating on them.

A few things to look for:
    -CLEANSES! use your Cleansing rush liberally, it's an instant 10-man cleanse, and you don't have to think about much with it. Cleaner targets are easier to heal, and typically reduce the damage the opponent does to that teammate. You can spot cleanse with the Cleanse macro.
    -Radiant Spores does a lot, for the effort it takes to put it up. I would not make it a priority, but use it when you can.
    -Wild Growth is useful, especially when there are several targets to kill, and several teammates to attack them. 10% damage, that's always nice.
    -Entropic Veil. This can be micro-managed for better healing. I will typically turn it on just before i enter combat, especially when I need some extra healing. Watch your charge if you use it a lot, and turn it off when you don't really need it.
    -Battle rez is handy, but a lot of people don't wait a few seconds to see if you throw a rez their way. Use it if you can, if not, well, that's their loss.
    -You can use Blight, but it is hard to determine when is the best time. I usually pop it when a target gets below 30-40% health. In case an enemy healer decides to throw a heal at them

Buffs: Living Aegis, Living Energy, Aqueous Blessing

This build has 8% passive reduction in it, as long as you don't get your buff purged. So you can survive a decent amount. Chloro does it's best healing through Synthesis, so you may need to re-apply it a lot.

Have fun, let me know how it works for you!

Why would you pick 3% more resists (useless stat in pvp) instead of ride the wind?

Don't macro so much.

The best chloro spec is 61 physician anyway.

Rift Chaser

Ah, the resist thing must have been a mistake when I made the build on Magelo.. are resists really worthless in PvP?

As for the macros, they are fine. If you look at my main heal macro, for instance, you will see that Void Life is one of the first things to activate. The rest of the macro won't trigger unless you move.

Your assumption that Chloro is not worth running is something I see too much of.
    1. Some people like to heal.
    2. Not all rogues have physician.
    3. Chloros are good healers, and can make a difference.
    4. Sometimes no one runs a healer, then what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Ah, the resist thing must have been a mistake when I made the build on Magelo.. are resists really worthless in PvP?

As for the macros, they are fine. If you look at my main heal macro, for instance, you will see that Void Life is one of the first things to activate. The rest of the macro won't trigger unless you move.

Your assumption that Chloro is not worth running is something I see too much of.
    1. Some people like to heal.
    2. Not all rogues have physician.
    3. Chloros are good healers, and can make a difference.
    4. Sometimes no one runs a healer, then what do you do?
    1. Then they should heal on good classes.
    2. That has nothing to do with chloro being worthless.
    3. No they aren`t.
    4. Soul Recall.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    2. That has nothing to wirh Chloro
    This pretty much sums up your post. Now go post in the rogue forums or something. Soul recall is about the worst advice on how to improve.

Don't macro so much. Learn to control your abilities with separate key binds. Learn how to use your abilities exactly when you want them, not at the control of a macro.

Chloros can be quite powerful healers, as long as we don't have to heal ourselves. Stay at the max distance, lurk behind the scenes, as soon as they see that void life, they are on yer butt. Thats where chloros have issues in pvp.

Yes, WTB self synth and self symbiosis. Don't help that living aegis can be purged either. It is meant to be a replacement for the fact that clerics can put 15 points into additional %increase healing souls from the multiple healing souls available.

A chloro + another healer to heal the chloro are a dangerous healing combo. We can certainly hold our own despite our inherit weaknesses.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Outdated info
    Last edited by Sheo; 08-23-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXw11jrqwk

Main Heal
    #show Void Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Living Energy
    cast Living Shell
    cast Void Life
    cast Resurgence
    cast Ruin
    cast Corrosive Spores
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Break Free
    This macro will actually fail. Reason being Void life has no CD, and is an instant channel. If you insist on macroing chloro, instants need to be at the bottom of the macro, in the case of void life I would suggest just before withering vine (withering vine will only cast during movement this way)

Rez
    #show seed of life
    s Thou shalt lie in slumber no more, %T!
    cast Ascended Resurrection
    The chloro battle rez is not ascended resurrection, it is soul tether. This macro is useless for that alone, and the /say is the best way to get you marked as a healer even by some scrub that can't read buffs. A guide suggesting that someone would use a /say in a macro is just plain bad. Guides should be made to teach people how to play better, not make them a focus target unable of truly healing itself.

Endurance is a great choice if you're going to go into the Arb soul, but you did a poor job of explaining why (radiant spores heals for a percentage of the chloros health, essence surge heals for 100% of the mages health, obviously reduced for PvP),

Boon of Life is mentioned only briefly with no explanation of what it is and how to maintain stacks, or why its even important to maintain. (IE Chloro veil heals are based on cast time. The longer the cast time the bigger the heal. Five BoL stacks gives you instant cast Nature's Touch, which is a damn good heal...much better when it's an instant cast.)

Natural Conversion also has a very long CD (1.5 mins) and should never be macro'd, and frankly I'm not sure its even worth using outside of PvE.

I do agree with Aveleys that physician is a better warfront healer, but that's not always an option as you pointed out. Chloro is a very effective healer with someone else that can heal you (obviously not another chloro since another chloro can not synth you).

Also not knockin ya, but the last thing we need is more bad chloros spamming poorly designed macros in WFs. Take some time and learn the soul, learn what makes chloro shine (powerful AE heals one second, toss synth and symb on a heal target and powerful ST heals the next.) A good guide should not only explain how, but why, and this guide really did none of either.
    Last edited by ItzCrooK2UxD; 09-15-2014 at 12:44 AM.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    This macro will actually fail. Reason being Void life has no CD, and is an instant channel. If you insist on macroing chloro, instants with no CD need to be at the bottom of the macro, in the case of void life I would suggest just before withering vine (withering vine will only cast during movement this way)
    Edit timer
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Soulwalker

This macro will actually fail. Reason being Void life has no CD, and is an instant channel. If you insist on macroing chloro, instants with no CD need to be at the bottom of the macro, in the case of void life I would suggest just before withering vine (withering vine will only cast during movement this way)
    I think, that same will happen to macro with updates u proposed
    The move is really explanation here - the idea behind putting casting (or channel) in front isn't that bad really. Because u don't get (for most time) luxury of standing still, either u need to get back some meters or damage-dealers are advancing - the casting/channel will activate for the moments ur character is immobilized.
    Secondly: correct me plz if I'm wrong but u can forget about rest behind the Thunder Shock - it's instant without cd and will be always used when macro executes line-after-line order with suppresmacrofailures,

other part is that I hate void-life for pvp - it's a matter of discussion if it's better to cast channel and heal from the start or use vile spores with bigger burst after 2sec - each way got some positives and negatives but that green beam is so characteristic and hard to miss - it's saying "HELLO - I'm here ! Would u kill me plz?" since all reasonable builds of chloro I know include SC and raging storm - I really think it's better choice when u think about channel (and with all the cleanse and instant that u can do - small chance u will get moment when it's not ready)

A guide suggesting that someone would use a /say in a macro is just plain bad
    or it's a copy-paste from pve guide ;)
    It always cheers me up, when I see enemy /s on what is he doing, big <3 to all who use /y instead ... if there was just a way to let them mark themselves accordingly - guess that can't have all.

As for ppl wondering on macro update while reading this discussion - please - think!
    If any1 needs to share with other teammates on current actions in PVP - use /ra, also /ra and... /ra in all other occasions but please keep it minimal. Trust me -for spamer flooding chat with cheap&corny taunt because he was abusing rrupt macro (or spam-macro...) -eventually it ends up on /ignored and from that moment - does not matter if u try to inform or was there any reason to do so.
    Last edited by Lacri; 12-31-2014 at 07:32 PM.

I agree with what people are saying in this thread. I highly recommend the guide in the Mage forums by Deew on healing. The first time I read it and began to Chloro, I was mixing what I learned in the guide with what other Choro's in a guild I was with were telling me to do. It turned out to be really bad advice. Lot's of macros like these which are poor practice and develop bad habits.

Later on, when I was struggling as my ELO climbed and began to heal Raids very poorly and knew I needed to change. I went back and read Deews guide over and over. Practicing everything he said to do the videos and watching the PVP tapes from his YouTube chan. I also put EV on my thumb mouse button which is a game changer! Now everyone wants me to raid heal and I have allot more fun and charge as well.

The guide is focused more on Raid healing so we need to get this guy to write a more specific tank healing guide for the community! At any rate, hope this advice helps you and others who read this.

Don't forget to stop by the Mage forums and weigh in a bit about our self healing issues and other Mage topics which are being discussed right now. There are big changes we hope are coming to our Melee soul and Warlock also so take a moment or two out of your week and speak your mind or agree with others who are posting quality ideas.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-22-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Yes, WTB self synth and self symbiosis. Don't help that living aegis can be purged either. It is meant to be a replacement for the fact that clerics can put 15 points into additional %increase healing souls from the multiple healing souls available.

A chloro + another healer to heal the chloro are a dangerous healing combo. We can certainly hold our own despite our inherit weaknesses.
    ~Belisama

Shadowlander

Great guide with macro for simple pvp healer! Thank you! I use two additional macro for 5 stacs of Boon of life and proc. It help me to heal mass focused target under Synthesis and myself.

5 stacs:
    #show Nature's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast @targettarget Healing Torrent
    cast Vile spores

proc:
    #show Natural Healing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targettarget Natural Healing
    cast @targettarget Bloom
    cast @self Natural Healing
    cast @self Bloom

It burn mana some more, but it help me to survive sometimes and keep live my command

First I don't understand why this topic not yet closed, second this is a very outdated guide, in 3.6 chloro changed, see details here:

CHLOROMANCER
    * Synethesis, Lifebound Veil, and Lifegiving Veil are now off the Global Cooldown. These abilities now share a 5-second cooldown.
    * Living Aegis has been modified. In addition to its existing effects, it now has a chance when you heal an ally to cause your next three casts of Vile Spores or Natural Healing to be instant. It now increases damage done by 10%, down from 15%.
    * Natural Healing now generates a Boon of Life Stack.
    * Essence Conversion now costs 5% of the Mage's current health, down from 7% of the Mage's maximum health.
    * Essence Conversion now returns 15% of mana, up from 7% of mana.
    * Healing Torrent now heals the caster for the same amount as it heals the target.
    * Natural Conversion now affects all abilities, not just spells.
    * Symbiosis no longer applies a debuff preventing other Chloromancers from using Symbiosis on the same target for a duration.
    * Living Shell is now on the Global Cooldown. Its absorb amount has been increased accordingly.
    Third: you need 10 pts in storm for RtW in PVP, also no need 5 stacks boon for HT, HT instant at 4 stacks, NT instant at 5 stacks. We can cast them very quickly with less stacks, if no time to build up stacks. For best burst heal on synth/symb target: cast NT at 3-4 stacks then ruin and CS with toggled on EV.

Pretty sure best subsoul for chloro is FK right now for those who purchased the soul pack.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXw11jrqwk

+ Reply to Thread