• 2 Post By The Ic0N
  • 1 Post By Div1977

Thread: Mage PvP: Dominator

Rift Chaser

Default Mage PvP: Dominator

So, I want to post a few builds I run in PvP
    Here's my Dominator build

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#gA/dGaGllklaGx0/fg8

With this build, I specced for a couple purges. I have ran with 5 Harbinger for more SP, but you can go either way you want. Purges help a LOT, if you focus the right person. (Pyros)

Here's my macros

Dom 1
    #show Storm Shackle
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Reflective Command
    cast Priest's Lament
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Icicle
    cast Split Personality
    cast Death's Edict
    cast @gtae Traitorous Influence
    cast Malevolent Shield
    cast Malevolent Bolt
    cast Thunder Shock

Stop
    #show Voltaic Feedback
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Degeneration
    cast Consumption
    cast Voltaic Feedback

Mana Drain
    #show Transference
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Transference
    cast Mana Wrench

Dom AE
    #show Lightning Wall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Lightning Wall
    cast @gtae Gravity Void
    cast @gtae Nyx's Orb
    cast @gtae Void Wall
    cast @gtae Mass Betrayal
    cast @gtae Grasping Void
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Thunder Shock

Also on your cast bar: Squirrel, Ride the Wind, Thunder Shock, Reflective Presence.

This build can pull ok dps numbers, but that's now what it's about.
    I usually start with my Stop macro, to remove a few buffs, then attack with my Dom1 macro. When I focus on healers, use the mana drain macro. It can suck a caster's mana down fast, if they don't move. I really wish these abilities worked better on warriors and rogues, they regen so fast it doesn't always bottom them out.

The Aoe Macro is great for keeping enemies off a capture point, or capture object. It's kind of just a general AoE, so it won't focus certain targets down the best way you can.

The best targets, I believe, are healers first, Pyromancers, assasins, and other dominators.
    Things to look for:
    -Drain mana/energy when availible
    -Purge cooldown buffs and main heal/dps buffs
    -Keep Voltaic Feedback up
    -Move out of ground goo
    -Squirrel enemies with tank souls (high hit points), or a dps if you come across a dps/healer pair. Kill the heals, then the dps is easy.
    -Try not to be alone. But (lol) If you find yourself alone, there are a few tricks to get away. Squirrel, Ride the Wind, Thunder Shock, Break Free, Squirrel again. It's funny to see that little squirrel hopping around, unable to catch you.

There may be a more optimal way to play this, but I like simple. a few macros, and a little awareness goes a long ways to being a better player. Have fun!

Rift Chaser

I guess I forgot to say which buff to use. It's pretty simple, Pain Armor from Dominator is the only one you get.
    Last edited by kickn4fun; 09-07-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Don`t macro anything on dom besides pure aoe damage, it hurts to read mass betrayal in a macro along with so many other abilities that should be on single key binds.

Rift Chaser

Maybe you would rather I have started this off with "A starters guide to Dominator"? With the power a dom has to offer in a WF, I kinda wish more people played one.

I think if the Dominator just focused on keeping mana drained, buffs purged, and stunning/silencing healers and key dps, they can make a large difference. That is what I am going for here. If you wish to write a advanced pvp guide for Dominators, feel free. I have played that way, and it is a large headache to micro manage everything. The focus pressure you can still apply with this does work, maybe to a lesser extent.

You speak about using Ride the Wind but your spec doesn't put enough points into stormcaller to attain it. Not sure how you've been using it like that?

I regret to say that putting every dominator skill into one macro does not make a guide.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Soulwalker

Default Ride the Wind

Yea, there's another major problem here. "Ride the Wind" requires 10 points in Stormcaller...this idiot only has 9.

+ Reply to Thread