+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some ideas on keybindings, for button-heavy specs:

Rift Disciple

Default Some ideas on keybindings, for button-heavy specs:

Been using this layout since forever, in every MMO pretty much.

For me it makes sense.

For example my logic is:

Q = Quickspell
    E = Nuke/spam, because its closest and easiest to reach from WASD, while using my index finger for D, pinky for A, i can always keep my middle finger spamming E while next finger sits on W.
    F = Flee/Escape mechanic/spell/skill
    G = Guard/Defence/Protection (smash G and be invuln!)
    R = Rapid/Rapido/RAWR damage/dps/any other booster
    1-4 spells that I usually use in rotation-order, 3 is mainly for procs on each char, 4 is mainly some CD spell with big damage, while 1 is charge/debuff (anything with priority), 2 being second priority etc.
    5-6 used for something that's not commonly needed all the time. like heal pot.
    Alt+1 - Alt+4 used to switch stances, weapons etc.
    Alt+Q = interrupt/stun - easy to combo that key, also refers to Quickness somehow in my mind
    Alt+E = AoE, Alt-o-E
    Alt+R = Alternative Rapid Fire/Dps booster
    Alt+F = alternative Flee/Escape
    Alt+G = alternative guard/shield/protection
    Alt+T = usually root/rift prison - for me its like a stop button :P sTop, or deadend road sign
    Z and X are randomly used as placeholders.

Never liked to use Shift modifier over Alt, because you need to twist your hand too much, it is MUCH quicker to reach out your hand for quick alt+number instead of shift+number, because your thumb is usually always near to spacebar, which you only have to move little bit to left to press Alt.

Here's the pic of my layout.

Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

I am an eternally lazy person, I use a razer mouse (taipan atm), 9 buttons, i get a fair bit on them, and a G19 keyboard.

Whatever works for you though!
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Or buy Razer Naga 2014?

Rift Disciple

That **** does not work for me. Once you play with same layout for 16 years, you are not gonna bother adapting into fancy new technology :P Besides, I love my Roccat Kova+ :P

Also, G19 is an utter crap for competitive PvP. If you are pressing a G button, you have to move your hand from movement keys, which means kiting is out of question. The advantage of the layout I am using, is that I can keep myself in motion 24-7 without having to free my mouse to click or move any of my fingers from WASD :P
    Last edited by Cramen; 08-27-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    That **** does not work for me. Once you play with same layout for 16 years, you are not gonna bother adapting into fancy new technology :P Besides, I love my Roccat Kova+ :P

Also, G19 is an utter crap for competitive PvP. If you are pressing a G button, you have to move your hand from movement keys, which means kiting is out of question. The advantage of the layout I am using, is that I can keep myself in motion 24-7 without having to free my mouse to click or move any of my fingers from WASD :P
    Not using any G keys at the moment... haven't gone past my mouse+normal modifies yet, and competitive PVP.... you do know what game you are playing right
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Not using any G keys at the moment... haven't gone past my mouse+normal modifies yet, and competitive PVP.... you do know what game you are playing right
    Even more so, it is humiliating to die in RIFT pvp, so good keybindings with decent mouseover and focus macros go a long way when it comes to kiting, staying alive and fighting multiple opponents :P

+ Reply to Thread