+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage PvP help

Soulwalker

Default Mage PvP help

I'm currently leveling my mage up. I'm only level 31 and haven't played it in a long while. I want to pvp but I can't seem to find any guides for leveling a mage with pvp. I'm trying to go pyro but I don't have most the abilities they want you to use in the higher level guides.

Anyone able to help me figure out what exactly I should be doing? Build? Macros? Abilities? Any info will help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cquigs717 View Post
    I'm currently leveling my mage up. I'm only level 31 and haven't played it in a long while. I want to pvp but I can't seem to find any guides for leveling a mage with pvp. I'm trying to go pyro but I don't have most the abilities they want you to use in the higher level guides.

Anyone able to help me figure out what exactly I should be doing? Build? Macros? Abilities? Any info will help!
    Pyro is pretty Op till 50+ it's about then when warrior and rogues start coming into their own. By 60 Pyro's not as powerful altho the pyrochon hybrid is very decent. Dominator or dom hybrids are by far the best mage pvp spec at 60 but it doesn't start to get good till later in the trees. Starting again I'd just play pyro till 50+ then learn dom. You also want to have some idea about chloro. I know it's not the best heal spec but sometimes you have to at least try heal if no one else will.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Pyro is pretty Op till 50+ it's about then when warrior and rogues start coming into their own. By 60 Pyro's not as powerful altho the pyrochon hybrid is very decent. Dominator or dom hybrids are by far the best mage pvp spec at 60 but it doesn't start to get good till later in the trees. Starting again I'd just play pyro till 50+ then learn dom. You also want to have some idea about chloro. I know it's not the best heal spec but sometimes you have to at least try heal if no one else will.
    Man, I am disagree with you. I play pyro from the beggining and he is very good at 60lvl. You can kite the melee champs as warrior or rogue easily. You have one root skill and two skills which debilitate the enemy and he cant move or do something (if he hasn't the racial skill/Break free). Also you have a blink which can escape and I have leveled the Flowing Sand from Archon tree which gives me movement speed and reduces the enemy's speed. The pyro have a good proc chance which gives you very good burst with a lot of damage and if you able to kite the enemy with this awesome burst u could kill anyone. If you want I can give you my talent and you can try it and telling me your opinion. It's all about skills in ths game also in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilerius View Post
    Man, I am disagree with you. I play pyro from the beggining and he is very good at 60lvl. You can kite the melee champs as warrior or rogue easily. You have one root skill and two skills which debilitate the enemy and he cant move or do something (if he hasn't the racial skill/Break free). Also you have a blink which can escape and I have leveled the Flowing Sand from Archon tree which gives me movement speed and reduces the enemy's speed. The pyro have a good proc chance which gives you very good burst with a lot of damage and if you able to kite the enemy with this awesome burst u could kill anyone. If you want I can give you my talent and you can try it and telling me your opinion. It's all about skills in ths game also in WoW.
    PvP is not 1v1.
    Last edited by Fat Tuesday; 09-03-2014 at 07:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread