+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Little Lost As a PvP Rogue..?

Soulwalker

Default A Little Lost As a PvP Rogue..?

Hey, guys, I'm a bit new here so I'm hoping this is the place to post this. I'm steadily climbing the prestiges (I'm at 54 if I recall correctly) and I'm just having trouble finding a place that I really like. I know Assassin is obviously a great and effective choice but I find the idea of taking out targets separately as a bit unappealing. I've tried Nightblade and it's a bit better but I'm not sure where to take it.

I see Warriors either out in Warfronts or just in regular game on shards that take massive amounts of damage but still deal great DPS (which I believe is Paragon). I know these Warriors are obviously stronger than me but are there any Rogue specs similar to this? I know Riftstalkers make some of the best tanks because they're very hard to take down but they don't do too much damage.

Really, any help would be appreciated, guys.Thanks!

Nah, they're warlords. They're tankier and have good burst damage but they have their weaknesses. More than likely, they were also getting pocket healed.

Rogues, for the most part, are focused on single target bursting critical targets. If you wanted to wade into the fray and aoe/burst things like a warlord, nightblade and bladedancer are your choices.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Thank you for the quick response!

Yeah, I understand that. Are there any Nightblade or Bladedancer PvP builds you'd recommend?

Telaran

51 SIN/25 RS gives you pretty good damage & more survivability than pure SIN.
    I've been playing it as my main spec for a long time, and love it, also because of the jumps, which makes it more fun/diverse than regular SIN, or NS.

But, also no AE damage on the SIN/RS. If you want to AE, you can play SAB if you just care about damage.

There's a SAB build called Swagoteur or something on the forums, which I use as my SAB build.

You just need to press 1 key (macro with everything in it), so it's really boring. But, I do top WF damage with it if I use it
    f2p (2013-2014): ZevZevv, Deepwood, Defiant, Rogue
    Pre-f2p (2011): Zeven, Spitescar, Guardian, Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart View Post
    Hey, guys, I'm a bit new here so I'm hoping this is the place to post this. I'm steadily climbing the prestiges (I'm at 54 if I recall correctly) and I'm just having trouble finding a place that I really like. I know Assassin is obviously a great and effective choice but I find the idea of taking out targets separately as a bit unappealing. I've tried Nightblade and it's a bit better but I'm not sure where to take it.

I see Warriors either out in Warfronts or just in regular game on shards that take massive amounts of damage but still deal great DPS (which I believe is Paragon). I know these Warriors are obviously stronger than me but are there any Rogue specs similar to this? I know Riftstalkers make some of the best tanks because they're very hard to take down but they don't do too much damage.

Really, any help would be appreciated, guys.Thanks!
    I have the same issue, Im on my Marksman Rogue lv 31 and cant kill or survive atall lol.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkey View Post
    I have the same issue, Im on my Marksman Rogue lv 31 and cant kill or survive atall lol.
    I didn't play marksmen until lvl60, but it seems like all the other souls I played were bad for survivability pre 60. I can say that as a marksmen, especially now that I'm getting into myrm, I can lead killing blows in most warfronts while staying alive pretty easily with several different mm builds depending on how the wf is going. Just get used to keeping your speed up, and manage your escapes. If all else fails, protect your healer. If you were focusing their healers, anyone attacking your healer will probably be out of range of heals. That equals easier kills while supporting your team. Also, your healers might be more inclined to heal you. .

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_PRX View Post
    51 SIN/25 RS gives you pretty good damage & more survivability than pure SIN.
    I've been playing it as my main spec for a long time, and love it, also because of the jumps, which makes it more fun/diverse than regular SIN, or NS.

But, also no AE damage on the SIN/RS. If you want to AE, you can play SAB if you just care about damage.

There's a SAB build called Swagoteur or something on the forums, which I use as my SAB build.

You just need to press 1 key (macro with everything in it), so it's really boring. But, I do top WF damage with it if I use it
    51 Sin is a terrible specc, you wont have any pressure at all, 61/x/x is the only way to go. And Bladedancer is the only other harder hitting melee build rogues have that can dish out consistent burst damage, but its skill cap requirement is very high. Having to manage dances and proper rotations as you chase someone down is not for the feint of heart or not so skilled pvper that clicks, backpedals, and keyboard turns.

Edit: Nightblade has great burst also, and much easier to play than bladedancer, but again, its burst is on a one minute timer, whereas bladedancer can keep bursting throughout its normal rotation in about every Rhythm.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 07-03-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkey View Post
    Put all your extra points in RS, that gives you some survivability, and Shadow Shift to escape.

I played sin when I was at low levels in PvP and BD, but it didn't just work out. Not to mention stealthing and hiding like a coward then taking cheap shots is not exactly fun for me. Its even worse than warriors running around like puzzies.

Anyway it didn't just work out in PvP might be at higher levels I don't know, you can't keep kiting. Melee rogues don't have mobility or burst of warriors, at least the speed. I'm not sure how it works out melee rogues vs warriors though. If they are great against warriors I'd sure want to nail every fkn warrior.

I am so unimaginably p!ssed being IMPOTENT against warriors as MM. Other Ranged souls (Mage's and Clerics) seem to have same problem against warriors, they are free to run around like puzzies and we can't even get a lock on.

I am told things get better at 60 as PvP balances, so I might try Sin too, as Sin or MM seem only 2 PvP options for Rogues. Till then try MM until you reach 60. Range is an advantage, for survivability put rest of the points in RS.

Telaran

So I tried Assassin for PvP, turns out I suck ***** playing Assassin, well was first time after a long time. Still no use against warriors, take damage stealth breaks, wrz are more mobile, still able to run around, hence unable to lock.

Seem good for guarding flags, crystals etc.

Telaran

Meh BD sucks in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by RiftQ View Post
    So I tried Assassin for PvP, turns out I suck ***** playing Assassin, well was first time after a long time. Still no use against warriors, take damage stealth breaks, wrz are more mobile, still able to run around, hence unable to lock.

Meh BD sucks in PvP.
    Bladedancer does not "suck" in PvP.

Your experience does not equal everyone else's experience. #lifelesson

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    Bladedancer does not "suck" in PvP.

Your experience does not equal everyone else's experience. #lifelesson
    Didn't say that. Simply does not connect doesn't have the mobility. I don't see BDs in warfronts? You going to do what keep AoEing? You like BD great, useful in PvP for you great. For me, for what I want in PvP it sucks.

And seriously what the hell is this with hashtags?!
    Last edited by RiftQ; 07-06-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Default rstalker/assasin/ranger

I do not know wether i am doing a good job in terms of forum build talk....couse i never took so many advices from here.i can tell you that as a 48lvl assasin with some points in Rstalker and without any points on ranger i am owning pvp and pve...bleeding and phys crit are my main goals.but i have most points on endurance.i dont know how...but i am good at pvp and pve also.just wanted to say...

Soulwalker

Just to add that if there is a counter class for every class in rift....warrior should be counter for assasins...i guess ;) and only good games are well balanced!

Soulwalker

Default Rouge souls

[QUOTE=ryewhiskey;4833992]I didn't play marksmen until lvl60, but it seems like all the other souls I played were bad for survivability pre 60.QUOTE]

Well I have heard that if you take bard then hunter/ranger (cant remember what its called) and then add marksman then you have healing, buffs and a pet to help you tank. And as marksman soul using combos helps a lot.
    The build says take bard first so you have buffs. Then take hunter/ranger so you have a pet to tank (its not necessary to put any points into this soul until lvl 31 as the pet is weaker and needs to get stronger). Finally you pick up marksman last.
    There was I website that helped with this build but I cant remember
    hope it helps

+ Reply to Thread