Default The Physstalker: Rogue PvP Healing spec 2.7.2

Summary:

Introduction
    The spec
    Gameplay
    Macros
    Gear

Introduction:

There's a big difference between healing in PvE and healing in PvP. When doing dungeons or raids the healer will hardly take any damage. When healing a warfront the healer will get focused like there's no tomorrow. This is true especialy when you're the only healer on your team. Since you can't save your teammates when you're dead I started playing arround with this spec to prolong my uptime. It offers alot more survivability and mobility and after doing tons of warfronts with it I find this actualy a very viable spec even though it will heal less then some other Physician specs. Often I'm both top healing done and top damage taken with minimal deaths.

The spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#XkA9kll5ay/tkRa54/x

Buffs:

Planebound Resilience to boost your endurence and Emergency Response.
    Stalker Phase to boost your healing.
    Planar Reversal to make that melee player focusing you lose viable seconds turning to hit you again.
    Preventive Medication to help keep you alive.
    Simultaneous Treatment for some AoE shielding.
    Alternative Treatment for AoE healing. With the cast time of Casual Treatment you should not experience any energy issues unless under focus from an Assassin, Nightblade or Dom.

What do we miss out on in Physician?

I dropped Medicinal Leeching and Bloodletting since we won't use it anyway.
    Furthermore I didn't pick up Residual Care as Urgent Care will only be used in emergencies and I don't feel like investing 5 points in Residual Care is warranted.
    Life Insurance in the rootabilities is potentialy a big miss but we get alot in place.

What do we take in Riftstalker?

Unseen Fury to boost our heals and absorps.
    Thoughened Soul to boost our armor helping us against Warlords, Assassins, Marksmen, Rangers etc.
    Boosted Recovery for the improved healing on yourself. Enabling you to cast less heals on yourself when under pressure and having the time to cast a heal on a teammate.
    Great Fortitude to boost our endurance and helping our Emergency Response.
    Strengthened Will to boost our resistances helping us against Mages, Nightblades etc.
    Stalker Phase to boost our healing 5% and 15% more after plane shifting.
    Rift Guard for an extra absorp shield after plane shifting and Shadow Assault to have an exra shift.
    Planar Refuge is a nice cd for when you get realy focused.
    As useful rootabilities we get Rift Disturbance to debuff that player trying to burst you down and Shadow Blitz as an extra shift ability. Shadow Stalk is both a shift and a cc breaker wich is very useful as you will get debilitated alot.

Why Bladestalker as third soul?

To pick up Side Steps. It's realy nice to dodge an interrupt or debilitate ability when casting Casual Treatment

Gameplay:

General gameplay:

The gameplay is very similar to other Physician specs. Just spam Casual Treatment and use a finisher. Try to maintain Group Therapy. Use Preemptive Therapy on teammates who are still at full health but are likely to take alot of damage, eg. that Warlord or Nightblade rushing the enemy backline. Use Maintenance Therapy to keep people up or Massive Therapy for a big heal.
    Tip: You can easily build up 5 combopoints at the start of the match to cast a Preemptive Therapy on your teammate most likely to rush the enemy lines.
    Biofeedback and Emergency Response are your massive spot heals. Keep in mind that the first is easily interrupted so popping Side Steps to protect your channel might be a good idea.

Shifting:

So why use the offensive shifiting abilities. Don't you want to stay back as a healer? Yes, yes you do. But the offensive shifting abilities still have their use. At one point or another an Assassin will pop out of stealth attacking you in your back even though you stayed at the back of your team. Using either Shadow Assault or Shadow Blitz at that moment will proc both Rift Guard and Stalker Phase. Allowing you to get one or two more heals of on your teammates before having to resort to healing yourself.
    Or you can chainshift. Eg. when a Warlord pulls you in the enemy team you can use an offensive shift to port to their frontline and then use Shadow Shift to get back to your own team.
    Shadow Stalk is best saved for when CC'd.
    Shadow Shift can be used to get away from an enemy or to get within casting range of a teammate who got pulled or wandered of to far.

Conclusion:

This results in a very versatile spec that is fun and challenging to play. Played right you'll get great results

Macros:

I strongly advice against using macros in this spec as most abilities are situational. You'll have to have alot of abilities on your hotbar and the will have to learn when to use wich if you wanna play this spec to it's full potential.

Gear:

As all Physician specs this spec benifits from AP focused gear. I would say AP>Dex>End>CritChance>Critpower. Mind you, this isn't my strongsuit so I might have that order wrong

Hope you all enjoy this spec as much as I do. Constructive criticism is welcome.
    United we stand, divided we fall, all as one!

Do you think it'd be better to put points into ruthless stalker to increase the crit chance instead of boosted recovery?

Eas
    Telaran

Crit isn't the best stat for a healing spec due to overhealing imo, but you could do that if you want.

I rarely run into overhealimg issues with my sentinel. By the time you react and the heal lands, most players are below 50-60% health. I don't see how boosted recovery would be helpful since you aren't going to land many killing blows as a physician. Those 3 points would probably be better spent elsewhere.

Eas
    Telaran

Boosted Recovery also increases all healing effects on you by 6%. So you will need less heals on yourself to keep you up.

Ah, totally forgot about that.

Eas
    Telaran

Patch of June 5th 2014:

RIFSTALKER
    * Stalker Phase: Removed the flat healing bonus and the healing bonus when Phase Shifting.

This will lower the healing output of the spec alot. Will test to see if it's still viable.

People warned me it would get nerfed if I put it on the forum... oh well
    Last edited by Eas; 06-05-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Default This spec is not dead by any means.

This build is still viable with alternate point allocation:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A/XmF9a5lhiEw/th2yiw

The difference is, that you will be receiving 15% crit upon shifting w/ 4x shifting (now without the stalker phase bonus ); which is what many were doing all along and was the REAL reason Trion nerfed this build to begin with. It was essentially 30% increased healing every 15 seconds if played properly and would out heal any other build/class in any situation with close to 40k hp in fl gear. It is an unkillable spec for the most part. I will be making a guide for this and two other specs in the upcoming weeks and will post my macros YES MACROS and there are many that I use. I still outheal most in this spec with WL gear and it usually takes 5-7 focusing me hard to kill me. It takes them a while to accomplish the KB too. I am a little dissapointed that many use shifting for defensive purposes only, when one of the many reasons to roll this spec is for the shift bonus. I use shifts on the shift bonus cd (every 15 sec or so). Karuul alerts will help with managing the cd's.

Eas
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sugoijason View Post
    This build is still viable with alternate point allocation:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A/XmF9a5lhiEw/th2yiw

The difference is, that you will be receiving 15% crit upon shifting w/ 4x shifting (now without the stalker phase bonus ); which is what many were doing all along and was the REAL reason Trion nerfed this build to begin with. It was essentially 30% increased healing every 15 seconds if played properly and would out heal any other build/class in any situation with close to 40k hp in fl gear. It is an unkillable spec for the most part. I will be making a guide for this and two other specs in the upcoming weeks and will post my macros YES MACROS and there are many that I use. I still outheal most in this spec with WL gear and it usually takes 5-7 focusing me hard to kill me. It takes them a while to accomplish the KB too. I am a little dissapointed that many use shifting for defensive purposes only, when one of the many reasons to roll this spec is for the shift bonus. I use shifts on the shift bonus cd (every 15 sec or so). Karuul alerts will help with managing the cd's.

Yes, offensivly shifting is very good. The added crit from Ruthless Stalker is very nice. I changed the spec's point allocation to reflect that.

However, not taking Unseen Fury in the RS soul is a big nono. Physician grealty benifits from AP so why pass it up?

The reworked spec:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#XkA9kll5ay/tt8k4E/x
    Reasoning: Endurance>Resist>Armor for PvP mitigation.

This still is a niche spec of some sort. If there's a sentinal and a chloro in your raid, you'd be better off going full Physician. If you're the only healer, this is the way to go. For AoE the Phystician is the better choice. Realy depends on the teams set up.

+ Reply to Thread