+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synergy crystals

Default Synergy crystals

Earlier I read a guide that told me to get a Virtuous Synergy Crystal which I see awards a bonus for a gear set I don't have and won't be getting.

I have freelancer gear and will be upgrading that. What Crystal do I need to get for PvP currently and where can I find it?

Thanks

You use the same crystal that you use for pve. At freelancers gear, you want to use the dungeon tier crystal (that first one, no upgrade). For warlords you want the raid T1 crystal (first upgrade). For myrm, you want the raid T2 crystal (second upgrade). Dont upgrade to the T3 crystal (third and final upgrade) unless you need it for pve. You will lose all crystal bonuses if you do unless Trion releases another tier of pvp gear.

Also, you should only upgrade your crystal when you have 4 pieces of gear for the next tier (basically, you always want a 4/4 set bonus)

Thanks, I forgot to say I was healing as a defiler. I'll try to look for the PvE crystals. I've been searching blogs, guides and rifthead.com which seems useless most of the time. By the gear discription on the set bonuses I haven't found one that mentions Freelancer gear by name. That's where I'm confused.

I found the answer to my question that wasn't covered in the replies. There is a vendor in Tempest Keep. Standing at the portal looking down stairs with the PvP vendors to the right, go LEFT and up the ramp to where the hunting vendors are. In that room at the top of the stairs you'll find the Crystal vendor ta the back in the center of the room.

I hope that helps. The crystals are named by the spec that uses them and there are three levels of Crystals. Wait until you have at least 2 pieces of PvP armor like Freelancer and browse the Crystals. The ones that work for your gear will show how many pieces out of 4 you have to unlock the set bonuses.

+ Reply to Thread