+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shongkui

Thread: WarFront PVP 100A.................

Default WarFront PVP 100A.................

PVP 100a Stuff you should already know,

Things that make it easier........

Click Settings / Combat Tab / Check the box for "Show Target of Target"

Click Settings / Interface / Displays / Check the box for "Show Raid frames for Parties"
    Move the raid frame(s) to an area of the screen that you are comfortable with.
    For me when I play a healer in Warfronts Ill place them off to the Left of my hot bars for quicker targeting.

Default PVP 100A Continued

PVP 100a Stuff you should already know,

Things that make it easier........

Click Settings / Combat Tab / Check the box for "Show Target of Target"

Click Settings / Interface / Displays / Check the box for "Show Raid frames for Parties"
    Move the raid frame(s) to an area of the screen that you are comfortable with.

For me when I play a healer in Warfronts Ill place them off to the Left of my hot bars for quicker targeting.

When I play DPS Ill move them to the top left area of my screen, Since I don't need to target party members too often and it allows me to keep an eye on the healers in the group. I can tell if they are getting attack by seeing there health status drop and if possible peal the DPS away from them.

Have what ever Potions, Runes and clickies on your hot bar. This is pretty self explanatory.

MARK THIER HEALER!!!

To mark a Target any target ;
    First Target the Player that you would like to mark,
    Next Right Click their Portrait
    you'll get a drop down Menu, In that Menu you'll see Mark Target
    Chose the Marker for that target

For PVP - Your going to Run into a team (sometimes they are a team other times they are not) of players -
    there's going to be 2 types of Players Healers and Dps (I put Support as DPS all support as your either DPSn a target or healing your group / team).

DPS - You don't really have to mark them UNLESS , That player is exceptional. Meaning they are hard to take down. Youll Run across those players a lot, they'll get a rep - If you know Johnny Elite is impossible to solo then Mark them With Any mark EXCEPT the Healer / Healer 2 / Healer 3 / Healer 4 marks.

This will give your team a chance to target Johnny Elite quicker and focus fire on them - I tend to use the Radioactive symbol and ill address /war with Johnny Elite is Marked just a heads up. This also gives the team alittle additional time to look out for that player

HEAL MARKERS - Heal / Heal 2 / Heal 3 / Heal 4 -

Why we mark their healers and Not ours ------------

Your in a warfront and If you've already set your Display to Show parties as raid settings then there is 0 need to mark your teams healers................. We know that your a healer.

"But they (the other team) cant see that I am marked".
    Doesn't matter use another symbol on yourself If you absolutely need to have a mark on your.

"But how do you know I am healing" - See the above..........

"But I am Supper Johnny Elite Healer Sauce"............- See the above.........

The reason the team uses the Marks Heal / Heal 2 / Heal 3 / Heal 4 on the other teams healers is This...........

There will be at least 5 players on their team (pending on the Warfront you enter)..... By Marking their healers the DPS can quickly Target that healer and Focus Attack them.

Why do this - Well its simple. You'll die over and over and over again If your Fighting a DPS that is getting chain Healed. (unless your Johnny Elite).

What's a healer Marker- Its a Big Green Plus over the head of a target -
    How Can I tell if a player I'm Fighting is getting healed - Well Simple put - Their health isn't dropping.
    How Can I tell If the player I'm targeting is a healer -
    You Target them and they have a Big Green Plus over their head.
    You Target them and they have Healer (Cleric Healer / Mage Chloromancer) Buffs.
    They are standing far behind the other teams Melee and Archers.
    They are casting Heal Spells.
    Also Use the War Front Score Board (stat page) to see who has the highest healing in their - Chances are they are a healer.

Things You shouldn't Do - Remove a Healer mark To mark your self a healer.

If there 5 other players waiting on the resurrection Timer also at the spawn point, don't Run out of the spawn area, Wait a few more seconds for the rest of the team. (if your in raid frames you can tell).

Target a DPS that has a Marked Healer standing next to them - Your not going to win either way so at least get in the habit of attacking the healer first.

No matter how good you are your only as good as the group of players you play with in warfronts.....
    So what you got Top DPS on the Score Board -
    So what you got Top Heals on the Score Board -
    Good Chrolomancers can Get both -

That really doesn't amount if your team constantly losses warfronts.

Its all about which team is better at Teamwork.

Enough typing for me, there's a lot more to PVP then these simple suggestions.

I'm not too concerned with typos or formats and rarely take the time to post anything on the Forums, Wayyyy tooo many trolls and Honestly its not a Thesis paper.

So flame, troll and correct away...........Don't really care.

+ Reply to Thread