+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best way to gear up?

Default Best way to gear up?

Hello,
    i was wondering about a few things as a new and fresh lvl 60.

1)What is the best way to gear up due to bolstering?

2)Is it better to buy few freelancer items, buy + vengeance runes for them or go for full freelancer and rune it up later?

3)From what i read the bolster only bolsters to unruned freelancer, is that true?

Any input would be awesome, thanks
    Last edited by Uesugi; 10-26-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Oh and i forgot, if you put on runes on freelancer gear, do you lose them when you upgrade to warlord gear?

Soulwalker

Id start by buying the full freelancer set + weapons.Then worry about upgrading. It takes alot of favor pts for full sets. so you have quite a bit of pvp to do..

You lose runes when you upgrade the item.
    Character: tjjl - Chloro/Pyro/PyroChon - Laethys - Nefarious - Previously of Inertial Forces
    Quick UB stats - Int ~2100 - SP ~4500 - 4/4 TDQ 3/4 FT 5/5 EE 2/4 GA Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Uesugi View Post
    Hello,
    2)Is it better to buy few freelancer items, buy + vengeance runes for them or go for full freelancer and rune it up later?
    Only buy what you can rune or use consumables on. But for the most part this isn't an either/or because you need favor for the Freelancer and plat/CQ marks/notoriety for the runes.
    3)From what i read the bolster only bolsters to unruned freelancer, is that true?
    Yep, you'll get bolstered to unruned freelancer. So there's not much point in buying freelancer stuff and then not using runes or consumables on them. (Exception: some things, like the seal and trinket, won't get bolstered I believe. Also you need to have real freelancer to get the crystal set bonus.)
    if you put on runes on freelancer gear, do you lose them when you upgrade to warlord gear?
    Yes

Telaran

I'm assuming that you are referring to the vengeance runes for the rings and if that's the case don't even worry about buying those until you have your CQ trinket, seal, and lesser essences. The vengeance runes are helpful but you will need to replace them every time you upgrade the rings unless you plan on buying unsocketing devices. I recommend that you get the cheapest 4 pieces i.e. gloves-boots-belt and helm or shoulders to proc the four piece crystal and use whatever runes you can get from the AH for cheap. You could probably ask for some free runes in 60 chat if you don't have the plat to buy them. They are very inexpensive to make for players that have been around for a while and there might be a good Samaritan somewhere. Focus on getting your freelancer gear until you have it all and don't have enough marks or rank to start buying warlord and then go ahead and spend favor on the vengeance runes. Do make sure that you always have above 200K favor saved up while you wait for more warlord marks or rank so the moment you have it you can buy stuff right away. I personally let my favor cap before I spend it and I only spend ~50k at a time so its usually above 250K until I finish grinding my gear.

+ Reply to Thread