+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [HOWTO] Step-by-step easymode Pyro-PvP up to 50!

Rift Disciple

Default [HOWTO] Step-by-step easymode Pyro-PvP up to 50!

Greetings!

I am an old beta player who has recently returned and discovered how damn sick Pyromancers are up to level 50. I think during levels 20 to 40 and over 200 warfronts, I have died maybe 5 times total while always ending up with over 30 killing blows in each warfront. This is not to brag, this is just to say how sickly unbalanced pyromancers are before level 50.

These are the builds that I used during my pvp-levelling:

10-19:

19 Pyro/6 Chloro/0 SC

This is as cheese as it gets.

To explain the talent picks, getting pushback reduction does not matter, your goal is to avoid being targeted in the first place.
    Ignite is not needed neither, other skills are far more important.
    Resist ignoring does not matter, as people barely have any resists on such rank.
    Fiery resolve is also useless, if you get stunned, you flicker away or Break Free

From chloro, the Bloom is just so freaking sweet. Many times warfronts lack healers, so getting around that tree and healing 1/3 of your hps every 8 seconds is just amazingly good for surviving and landing those epic killstreaks.
    Dont bother using Radiant Spores, your goal is to burst people down and wasting GCD on this is a loss of time. Try to keep Withering Vines up on 3 targets for passive healing when battle is more heated.

Stormcaller for the 3rd soul is just amazing for extra instacast and knockback. Alternatively Archon could be used for Searing Vitality to up your endurance quite a bit.

Don't use macros, you barely have any abilities, DO NOT macro them.

Your general gameplay is to play attention to the battlefield and not stand as a stationary glass cannon. If things go sour and you see people coming at you or you get targeted, flicker away, hide to LOS, heal yourself, go back in when they have switched targets.

Hit and run tactics are your friend, always have an escape plan ready!

20-30

29 Pyro/2 Domi/8 Chloro

Now you have your bread and butter! Cinder Burst + Pyromancer's armor!

This is the easiest bracket to dominate and i mean TOTALLY dominate! My RL friend whom is playing this build is just reaping people left and right ever since level 21 and he's fairly inexperienced with casters in general.

Your Burning Shield, along with the passive shield proc and INSTACAST 8sec CD Bloom, is just crazy sick for kiting even the most massive packs of enemies around!

You will have Burning Bonds to counter any melee with an ease, interrupt+knockback vs healers and instacast spammable, if all other instacasts are down.

Fireball should only be used in group fights if you can stay stationary. In all other 1v1 and even 1v3 fights, you should run around trees, rocks, corners and spam your instacasts while healing and shield yourself and rooting melees in place. Combined with backdraft stun, you can take on crazy loads of enemies.

If played properly, you should basically never die, even without any healers in warfront and still yield top damage and killing blows, even by solo killing people. If you can't do that, then you are not cut for the mage playing and should go back to your stealth rogue

You can make your first macro now! Which is your instacast spammable!

#show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Neural Prod

30-40

40 Pyro/8 Chloro/up to you

Chloro and bloom whoring still works nicely on this bracket.

As a third soul, it's totally up to you, take a nice look and read the abilities that you get with 6 extra points. By now you should have enough experience with the class to understand what you are lacking or what do you want to improve.

Combust stacks are prioritized because it just massively increases your Countdown damage.

In most dense situations, use Heatwave to gain double flicker, double countdown, double burning shield, double inferno or double stun. NEVER use it just to cast your fireballs quicker in a random teamfight, that is not the point of the spell, seriously.

40-50

51 Pyromancer/8 Domi/7 Harb

This is the build I still use as I am really fond of the harb's movement speed buff and spellpower buff.

The reason why we didnt take spellpower % increase on lower levels is that you really lack any real spellpower, so even 10% increase would have yielded maybe 20 spellpower over a lot of utility. But after 40+ it is pretty badass!

Dominator starts to really excel now! Due to the countless amounts of nukers, your Reflective Command is just such a faceroll spell and nothing beats those pyros fulminating themselves to death ;)

Also Charged Shield means that most of the crappy rogues just kill themselves on your damage shield before you can even notice them.

Not to mention that you have your instacast spammable again and also an interrupt and knockback available for even more utility, combined with one of the sickest Anti-Healer silence spells in the game ;)

Tricky things to do vs tough targets for omgwtf burst:

Prime>Flame Bolt(for dmg increase)>Countdown>Fulminate(at 50)>Flame Volley>Heat Wave>Prime>Countdown>Flame Volley and everything should die, no matter how many heals it gets.

Alternatively, silencing/stunning the healer helping the target works better ;)

Macros:
    <interrupting>
    #show Scorch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scorch
    cast Thunder Blast

<instacasts>
    #show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Neural Prod

I suggest not macroing anything else for maximum utility, but if you insist, figure it out by yourself and only blame yourself for being bad at pvp :P

After 50+, you should have enough experience to experiment your own builds and not read crappy guides like this.

Cheers,
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Shadowlander

I used your guide for my mage. I'm level 16 right now, and tried your recommended build for 10-19. Not much luck. Switched to your build for 20-29 and am having much more luck with that build at lvl 16. Thanks for posting this guide.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mausinn View Post
    I used your guide for my mage. I'm level 16 right now, and tried your recommended build for 10-19. Not much luck. Switched to your build for 20-29 and am having much more luck with that build at lvl 16. Thanks for posting this guide.
    As long as you stay aware of your surroundings and hide to LoS for self-heal as soon as you get targeted you should do just fine with any of those builds ;) Best of luck!
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Soulwalker

I don't think you're thinking about enough scenarios. Where your saying ' just insta cast everything. ' That's quite misleading, I'd say you should only revert to insta-casting if your chasing someone, or on low hp and running away.

Other than those two scenarios, it is almost always better to cast Fireball. I mean if you're only going to cast fireball when your stationary, then there is really no point in taking the 'Wildfire' Talent, because PvP is such a mess 90% of the time you don't get to stand still.

What I think people should do is use all their set-up abilities, like so; Flame Rupture - Searing Vitality, Flame Bolt - Countdown - (Priests Lament if its a caster) - Then I personally use Flashfire/ThunderBlast/Backdraft (For the 'Quick Thinking' buff) and start spamming Fireball. Then just keep Countdown and Flamebolt going, whilst you spam fireballs. The spamming of Fireballs, gives you a real good chance of getting the 3 insta Flame Bolt procs, which in turn refresh Combust and give a good chance for Cinder Burst proc.

If you work on positioning people only really notice you once you've cast Flashfire/Thunderblast/Backdraft. By that time you already have the chance to cast atleast 1-2 Fireballs at them. And when they do go for you, you have reflective shield, burning bonds, flicker, burn (the disarm), priests lament and arresting presence. So you can effectively deal with anyone who comes at you and you've given yourself a huge advantage. (Also against melee, burning bonds - fireball spam, how they gonna stop you?)

I think it's better than your idea of just insta casting because, whilst insta casting is useful in chasing people and last-ditch survival battles. Actually casting your Fireballs after set-up gives you HUGE burst potential with the Flame Bolt procs.

Also: Not everyone has access to the Harbinger tree, so you might want to think about that too.

+ Reply to Thread