+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric healing: Warden for WFs?

Default Cleric healing: Warden for WFs?

Still pretty new to Rift.. but play a healer is most mmo type of games... just wondering if my slight observations are on point so far... is a good warden build the way to go for Warfronts?

A lot of good group and instant cast heals in the soul which seem to be at a premium for the warfronts?

uggh sorry did not realize I was in the guide section... if this can be moved do just the general pvp/WF forum that would be great... if not, sorry

Shadowlander

Things seem to change drastically as you move up the brackets. I leveled my cleric almost exclusively via pvp(until 50, that is). In earlier brackets, yes. Warden seems to be a great ST healer, enough to combat all but the worst focus fires, AND you get AoE heals. However, in the later brackets it's just not up to par with Sentinel. Enough points in the Sentinel tree and you get quick, powerful ST heals that can keep people alive. It has some really useful cooldowns as well, letting you instant cast spells, reduce casting speed, enhance the output, or even a cooldown to reset the rest of your cooldowns. You're better off doing "AoE" heals by healing people individually as they get hurt than you are trying to use Warden, sadly.

However, that's not to say Warden is useless. It's good to take care of fluff damage, so if someone is being attacked by only one other person it'll help other healers heal the focus-fired people instead. I haven't tried, but it's supposedly useful in Conquest, and it seems to be useful in Port Scion. I've not had much luck with it in most WFs compared to Sentinel, though.

I pretty much use warden alone when healing in WF. I have played since beta and as long as you have other healers, warden can do wonders if you DDs can take people down fast enough, works best in Black Garden

Rift Disciple

Sadly unless you have a very specific situation (which inevitably means being in a pre-made) then Warden simply doesn't cope well enough with focused fire at later levels. Warden for lower levels is great but simply won't cut it at higher levels.

Yes, you may end up on top of the healing done charts if you spam AoE heals around, but you simply don't have the high throughput required to keep someone alive through focus fire, which basically means that you have lots of fluffy numbers but little no no effectiveness. You may end up with less healing as a full Setninel build but I guarantee that the numbers will be more meaningful and your team will have a much better chance of winning.

PvP isn't about meter watchign it's about maximising your effectiveness. Just like you don't need high sustained DPS as burst damage is more important, in general PvP requires fast high throughput single target healing rather than low level constant top ups...mainly due to the fact that burst damage is more important...

Rift Disciple

Let the chloromancer(s) handle the baseline "fluff" healing. Clerics are blessed with the best set of single target healing tools in the game, warden builds don't really get to maximize them. Warden does offer some pretty amazing cooldowns, but those are tuned more for PvE raid damage where the entire raid sustains massive damage. Again, let the chloromancers dole out steady baseline healing, while you concentrate on topping off whoever is getting focused at the time with strong cleric ST skills, your WF teams will profit from it.
    Squirrel. It's what's for dinner.

#1 Nuisance NA. So mediocre you don't even notice.

well, IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR TEAM, and since we usually random v random you cannot really test in a scientific manner.

IE situation same I did this; here is data

Sit same I changed one thing; here is data

Evaluate

Unfortunately pvp; every match a little different, hard to tell.

Defiler; I feel like a beast cuz my attacks ARE healing my group WHILE applying armor to the most damaged. But favor awarded at the end just doesnt reward me for what I did.

Warden; top gun even when im with gimps.

Out heal all but the other warden on their team that won

Maybe it changes later, maybe it dont.

GREEBLE GROBBLE!!!
    Greeble Grobble!!!!

+ Reply to Thread