+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar
  • 1 Post By Valnak
  • 1 Post By SWGMOD010

Thread: Basics: How to Kite

Default Basics: How to Kite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9vbU...ature=youtu.be This is a video of the basics of kiting in Rift. I will be posting another video of practical kiting against different opponents soon.

Basics on how to kite in Rift. This is easiest to pull off on a rogue, particularly the Marksman soul. I have my spam macros bound to my two side mouse buttons, the rest of my abilities bound to the numbers. I have my left hand four fingers using abilities, and my left thumb resting comfortably on C and V. These are bound to my left and right strafe keys. The steup of keybinds depends on your preferences, but I have yet to see anyone kite while using WASD to move. So the basic premise is holding down the right click to control directions and using either of your strafe keys to strafe away from your enemy. As long as your target remains within the 180 degree LoS in front of you, you can shoot them. You want to generally keep your target 90 degrees to either side to ensure you're running directly away from them. You can see in the video how I keep my target at bay while running and shooting it. Notice how I stopped moving when I had alot of distance on the enemy; this is specific to Marksman and ranged casters. Ranged casters need to stand still to do damage and Marksmen do a good chunk of extra damage for standing still. Get to the limit of your range to make sure you're safe from the 20m range of those pesky warriors, then launch a casted attack. Then you can continue to kite them. Keep this process up.

This video does not show how to use your CDs to keep enemies at bay (in the case of actual PvP where alot of melee-ers have alot of gap closers), but I'll make a video of that shortly.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Obligatory "you can't kite in rift because warrior/rogue/cleric/mage is overpowered" even though you clearly demonstrated you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Obligatory "you can't kite in rift because warrior/rogue/cleric/mage is overpowered" even though you clearly demonstrated you can.
    Check out my other tutorial, I kite a NB/RS rogue and tell everybody how to do it.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Yeah, I heard kiting mobs is hard.

+ Reply to Thread