+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Licentia

Thread: Codex Strategy Guide Video

Ascendant

Default Codex Strategy Guide Video

Watch the video here!

This video goes over the layout of the map and discusses strategies and tips for winning in the Codex warfront. If you're new to Codex or have been running it for a while and still feel a little lost, this guide might be able to help further advance your understanding.

More guides coming soon! (I think the next one will be for Black Garden: Stockpile).

Feel free to leave your feedback here or in the comments section under the video, and good luck!

Very nice. I learned some stuff.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Very nice. I learned some stuff.
    Glad to see the guide wasn't a total waste of time ;D

Soulwalker

Good stuff Igotyoubtch. I just played against you 10 min ago

-Leznar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zjaws1291 View Post
    Good stuff Igotyoubtch. I just played against you 10 min ago

-Leznar
    That wasn't me...mine was the comment in between his "dex" spam :P

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    That wasn't me...mine was the comment in between his "dex" spam :P
    Nice guide. It is pleasant to see a guide that talks about more than the noob spammed "Dex + 1 or u stupid!" There are times for each strat... but yeah... kamakazi on the dex when the enemy has 5 good clerics on it is not a smart method.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Nice guide. It is pleasant to see a guide that talks about more than the noob spammed "Dex + 1 or u stupid!" There are times for each strat... but yeah... kamakazi on the dex when the enemy has 5 good clerics on it is not a smart method.
    I try very hard to make sure I don't drift off into rants about some of the things that happen in warfronts. I actually do the commentary in segments with notes outlining specifically what I want to cover so that I CAN'T drift off into rants ;D

I'm going to try and get some footage for a Port Scion guide. That's one that is going to be hard to do without ranting lol

Rift Disciple

Bro....what an absolutely wonderful guide. It should be required watching before one can enter Codex. Nothing I hate more than someone shouting "defend dex +stat u noobs and we win!!!" when we're losing by 200 pnts late in the game. Math is clearly not a skill that is fully appreciated by the majority of mmo players

I really appreciated you stressing the value of "tying up". Here it is for the non math using nubs....if you can force 4 ppl to concentrate on you away from a control point, that's 4 peeps not doing what is needed to win. My friend and I have a term for this strat, it's called a "noob-comet". This is where I start pissing all of there team off by applying aoe damage while having all my defensive cd's in reserve and then run away from scope toward their spawn. It never fails to have 3-4 nublets chase me + 2-3 respawns stop to join in on the fun killing me while I'm on the rock under their spawn point. Anyone who chases the noob-comet or stops to help is essentially a kill for our team.

Another tactic, if your on coms with someone is "luring". First one in fakes a cap then runs away once engaged, preferably behind a rock, while the follow up guy actually caps. It's almost 100% effective cause people are soooooo damn concerned about getting a kill and less so about winning. Another similar example would be the "ninja". That's where you walk right into a group of people fighting on or near the cap and you...well just cap it. I'm constantly amazed as to how many times I'm able to get away with this and is especially useful for recapping before the cap timer expires on you.

One small tactic which I did not see you employ is the "fake cap" (credit to Kapurtz). As a warrior it is a ez to do must do capping trick to clear out the stealthy boys. Go for the cap...back up and Sweeping Strike.

And to restate some of your strategy...the best defense is a good offense. By keeping the battle fluid you can assure that you are concentrating your force better vs their defense or you are maximizing your resources better by utilizing less force to obtain more objectives.

+ Reply to Thread