+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planes Gone Wild Rift Quest

Rift Disciple

Default Planes Gone Wild Rift Quest

Not sure I should post here, but I will start. I am trying to figure out how to accomplish the Planes Gone Wild quest. You need a lure. Where and what do I get and after you get the lure do you shard hop trying to find a Raid Rift Tear (or another tear) or just any active rift?
    Thanks-

Shield of Telara

Your PA comes with lures. Alternatively there is almost always one Rift active on one of the shards. Or search for a group in chat. Any Rift in PTW counts towards the quest.

Rift Disciple

Thank you, but just to make sure.
    I use a lure that is under Ascended Powers under my Abilities tab? Any lure from there will work and use on any rift?
    Thanks-

Shield of Telara

I use a lure that is under Ascended Powers under my Abilities tab?
    Yes. Walk up to a tear (blue one) and press one of the minor lures, for example the Fire Lure. They do not have cooldown!

Some tips though:
    1. With a group of 2-4 highly motivated people you'll tear - haha, pun - through the weekly pretty easy.
    2. If you happen to have a profession and get your hands on a crafting rift group you'll get some crafting materials while passively completing the quest. Takes longer because if you're a decent person you'll stay until everyone used their lure (20 ppl).
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 03-23-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Crafting rifts is by far the fastest way to get the quest done, and the most rewarding.

It it possible to solo it however. Usually takes like 40 minutes when I decide to do so. Just avoid the "Teth" earth rift, because the stage where you have to kill 10 "karma" or whatever, it bugs like 9 of 10 times for me and can't be completed. There are also some locations where there are rocks nearby to where the tear/rift spawns and some mobs get stuck inside and can't be killed, which means another rift that you can't finish.

I really think PTW should have more tear nodes and more frequent spawns, because as it is now, they are few and far between. I've seen on several occasions that there's not a single tear across multiple shards.

Rift Disciple

Thank you . This help.

+ Reply to Thread