+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dark Genesis Guide [Written]

Soulwalker

Default Dark Genesis Guide [Written]

Dark Genesis Guide

Raid Composition
    2 Tanks (One tank is very bored for most of the fight)
    2 Tank Healers, 0.5 Raid Healers (Chloroharb [32 Chloro]), Defiler
    3 Supports (1 Harbchon, 1 Bard/Oracle, 1 Beastmaster)
    DPSers [~110k ST DPS]

Our raid setup was 1 Rogue, 1 Cleric Tank, Preserver, 61 Physician, Chloroharb, Bard, Harbchon, Beastmaster & rest ST DPS.

The raid setup here takes into account 3 things: boss hits very hard, ST burst healing check, DPS check. Any healers here are fine except for 61 chloros or liberators. We used 1 preserver, 1 61 phys and a chloroharb [with battleres]. Also workable for more DPS would be 61 physician, phystact, chloroharb, or 2xphystacts and chloroharb. For safer tank healing in last phase a Purifier, 61 Phys, Chloroharb is also viable.

This fight is simple mechanics wise, but has a very tight DPS check. 1.6m raid wide for a 10 minute enrage. You should also be seeing your raid at 1.6m DPS at around the 5 minute mark if you’re on track for a kill.

Cooldown timing is absolutely crucial to get the kill here. You MUST have Lava/Enrage/Wild Growth in sync at all times.

Most rogues/warriors/primalists should also be using the Level 65 mastery that provides AoE damage and healing. This allows for burst healing on the Preservation Core, and blind cleave on the soul beacons.

Phases are mostly time based on healing core triggers, except for final phase, starting at 20%.

I have included time markers on the phase titles, referring to Orange's recording of our first kill, seen here.

Phase 1 (lasts 30s)
    • Essentially a 30s nuke on boss. Use all DPS CDs as normal (Flaring, Lava, Enrage ->Orchestra)
    • Boss puts a debuff on random raid members PIN DOWN, dealing % health based damage, one tank healer should focus on healing this debuff, other should remain fully concentrated on tank. Intercede can be used to help out here too.
    • Only 1 tank will be tanking for the vast majority of the fight, both tanks need to be pulling that DPS, other tank can use DPS pose/phase/whatever.

Phase 2 [00:34]
    • Add spawns [29.7m HP each] on left and right. Left side (Brother Brawl) requires 2 tanks, 1 tank healer. Right side (Range Warden) requires 1 tank healer, and chloroharb.
    • Left add has two casts: DUO DILIGENCE hits the two closest targets for 150k, these two must be the tanks! Second cast CLOSURE deals another ~150k damage to anyone within ~4m, DPS must move out during this cast.
    • Right add drops AoE on his target. Since there isn’t a tank here it will be the person with highest DPS on him. A ranged person should be chosen for this and be allowed to reach it first to make sure he gets aggro, he should then drop the AoEs around the ring whilst everyone else stands in melee, kills the add and gets healed through the small AoE damage by the chloroharb/tank healer.
    • When these adds die the add behind the wall must be interrupted. If you are too slow to kill the adds you will wipe to this cast as you cannot interrupt it until the wall drops.
    • DPS TIP: Do not use personal or raid DPS CDs on these adds, as you will need them in a few seconds.

Phase 3 [1:22]
    • Cast HOPE BREAKER, if cast ends before Preservation Core is 100% HP the raid will wipe.
    • Healers must now heal up the Preservation Core to 100%, this must be done as soon as possible to allow good timing of DPS CDs.
    • When Preservation Core is fully healed a new one will spawn on the lower platform, healers, defiler and tanks must run down and heal that one to full too. (Use tank PVs, and defiler CD on second)
    • At the same time a Corrupted Core [21.7m HP] will spawn, you have 12s to nuke it down or it will put a 50% health reduction debuff on you. Use 1 minute CDs on it.

Phase 4 – Middle Platform [1:45]
    • After second Preservation Core is healed up the boss will continue auto attacking as usual.
    • Untargettable adds spawn around the platform, these adds hit for 40% of their targets maximum HP and choose targets randomly, you can reduce the number of them aggroing by staying a few meters away, but it’s simple enough to heal through.
    • 2 debuffs get placed on raid. SOUL BURN deals minor raid damage, however if cleansed it will debilitate everyone for several seconds – TIP do not cleanse, it’s a huge DPS loss and a likely tank death.
    • Second debuff makes melee abilities ranged and ranged abilities melee. Stay in melee range of boss and this should have no impact on DPS. Healers need to make sure they are in melee range of tank at all times – especially during movement.
    • You have roughly 4 minutes in this phase and the aim is to get to the opposite side of the pillar – where another Preservation Core will spawn – and hit 1.6m raid DPS!
    • There are invisible crystals (Soul Beacons) blocking the route. You will need to clear the anti-clockwise route. There are 4 beacons on route and they have 1m HP each. You need to kill 3 of them at least.
    • To kill them they can be blind cleaved, or DPSed by someone who has a buff that lets them see the beacon. To get this buff you jump off the platform, however this also gives a 30s buff to the boss that reduces his damage taken by 10%, and it stacks if multiple people jump.
    • We used a 61 harbinger with blademark to kill the first two beacons, and blind cleaved the third using the 65 mastery from the melee classes.
    • To save some DPS you can skip killing the 4th beacon and stand in the middle of the bridge, the Preservation Core will spawn ~5:15 into the fight [if you didn’t get delayed] and you can use defiler CD with the 65 masteries again to burst heal it to full within a few seconds.

Phase 5 – Add phase [5:33]
    • Genesis will port down to the lowest (3rd) platform after the Core is healed, and raid will follow.
    • 2 mechanics here: interrupts + adds.
    • There are 4 casts to interrupt; CALAMITY, DESTRUCTION, RUINATION, HOPE SLAYER. Calamity is bugged and sometimes does nothing (should put a debuff on a random player that causes him to take damage when he moves), Destruction places debuff on tank that causes him to receive almost no healing, Ruination hits random raid member for 90% of their HP, Hope Slayer causes boss to heal… lots.
    • Make sure DESTRUCTION, RUINATION and HOPE SLAYER are interrupted 100% of the time. CALAMITY can be given to “that” interrupter.
    • Adds will spawn every 45s [4m HP], these adds hit for ~45k and place a max health debuff each time they hit. Therefore they should be tanked by the off tank or by DPSers/Healers.
    • They should be PASSIVELY cleaved down.
    • At 20% the boss becomes immune to damage. If the off-tank has stacks of health reduction you can let him die by taunting boss, and res him to remove his stacks for the last phase.

Phase 6 – Shadow Genesis [7:10]
    • Add called Shadow Genesis spawns (90m HP). If you are on target for the DPS check this will happen at 7 minutes.
    • 1 tank, chloroharb, defiler and most DPSers can jump off the platform to get ported up to DPS down the Shadow Genesis.
    • This leaves a tank, 2 tank healers, and 3 DPS down on Dark Genesis to keep interrupts going, keeping the tank alive, and managing the adds. These adds keep spawning every 45s and so you will need to manage 2 waves of them. They can be STUNNED only. We used 61 harbingers to make this easier as they have multiple stuns and blademark. The tank should avoid tanking these adds as much as possible, as around ~10 stacks of the debuff he is likely to get 1 shot without shields, at around ~20 stacks it becomes almost impossible to heal.
    • Meanwhile upstairs, the chloroharb and defiler need to focus on keeping that tank alive, the Shadow does less damage than the main boss, but he still hits hard, chloro should synth. The shadow does the same mechanics as the normal boss does on that platform – if he’s working correctly. So for the first 50% he should cast the small AoE damage debuff, and range/melee swap.
    • At 50% the shadow teleports up to the top platform. He leaves behind a wisp with 1 hp – Blessing of Mobility. The person who kills this wisp gets a reactive that teleports himself and anyone around him up to the Shadow. You must target yourself to use this reactive or nothing happens. TIP Some AoE abilities cause the wisp to die but not give the reactive (e.g. hailstorm)
    • On the top platform the shadow should be positioned to allow for the fastest route of getting back down when it dies.
    • PIN DOWN will start happening on the group with the main boss, tank healers will need to watch out for it.
    • When the Shadow dies Dark Genesis will become damageable again, so the DPS down with him should start DPSing him immediately, and forget about the adds.

Phase 7 [8:33]
    • Everyone needs to run down as quickly as possible to finish off the boss.
    • Cast THE END (97s) boss stops attacking, so no need for any healing or any following mechanics here. The cast is 97s but your timer is enrage at 10 minutes.
    • Full ST boss, ignore adds; healers and tanks should also focus on putting out as much ST damage as possible.

Let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed, if you have questions you can ask in-game, or send a message.

Zither
    Last edited by Zither; 01-22-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks! Awesome Guide!

For another possible healer setup you can take a senti instead of the preserver.
    It gives you a bit more dps and nearly equal hps for the healing check.
    Whalemaster Lexxxor@Typhiria
    -- CoA HM 4/4 | MoM 9/9 --

Quote Originally Posted by therealAUa View Post
    Thanks! Awesome Guide!

For another possible healer setup you can take a senti instead of the preserver.
    It gives you a bit more dps and nearly equal hps for the healing check.
    Purifier works fine as well .

It's a nice guide, but it really does that the fun away from the guilds like ours that want to learn the fights rather than be spoonfed them.

It would be much better if we could hold off on the guides until say 10 guilds have beaten a fight.

And yes, we could all choose not to read it, but in practice that wont ever happen.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    It's a nice guide, but it really does that the fun away from the guilds like ours that want to learn the fights rather than be spoonfed them.

It would be much better if we could hold off on the guides until say 10 guilds have beaten a fight.

And yes, we could all choose not to read it, but in practice that wont ever happen.
    Yea damnit, they isn't there a spoiler warning? This is just wrong!

You really can't see the irony in that statement, can you?

"We want to learn the fights ourselves and not be spoonfed"
    "We will read the guides if they're made available"

So which is it? Do you want to learn the fights without guides or not? Sounds like you just wanted to complain about something. If you're willing to read the guides, then you don't really want to learn the fight without guides. Unless, of course, your guildies lack any sort of self-restraint, which is a bit of a problem in and of itself.
    R.I.P.

Rift Disciple

there wont be 10 guilds killing it any time soon
    :: Natia :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Champion

Thanks for your effort

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    there wont be 10 guilds killing it any time soon
    As of today it seems to be 4, so yea 10 while take a bit time.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    You really can't see the irony in that statement, can you?

"We want to learn the fights ourselves and not be spoonfed"
    "We will read the guides if they're made available"

So which is it? Do you want to learn the fights without guides or not? Sounds like you just wanted to complain about something. If you're willing to read the guides, then you don't really want to learn the fight without guides. Unless, of course, your guildies lack any sort of self-restraint, which is a bit of a problem in and of itself.
    There is no irony at all. I would like to learn the fights from scratch, as would our GM and most officers and the majority (but not entirety) of the guild, but my point is with a guide available someone in the raid will read it. It only takes one of our active 25+ raiders and the fight is spoiled. How do we ban EVERYONE from reading a guide that is 1 click away?

I'm not even sure why these are released. As far as I know no guilds that are working on the fights welcome them. They just turn what is the most fun part of raiding (i.e. figuring out how to beat new mechanics) into a boring grind of following instructions. Please stop ruining these fights for the rest of us. By all means answer PMs in game if others want tips about certain things, but a full walkthrough is a real kick in the nuts for everyone else.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

There is no irony at all. I would like to learn the fights from scratch, as would our GM and most officers and the majority (but not entirety) of the guild, but my point is with a guide available someone in the raid will read it. It only takes one of our active 25+ raiders and the fight is spoiled. How do we ban EVERYONE from reading a guide that is 1 click away?

I'm not even sure why these are released. As far as I know no guilds that are working on the fights welcome them. They just turn what is the most fun part of raiding (i.e. figuring out how to beat new mechanics) into a boring grind of following instructions. Please stop ruining these fights for the rest of us. By all means answer PMs in game if others want tips about certain things, but a full walkthrough is a real kick in the nuts for everyone else.
    You realize that the boss has been streamed by 2 different guilds... And if one of your raiders has both a functioning pair of eyes and brain then he can create a large portion of the guide just via observation and narrow tests parameters down to a minimum whenever something on the screen is ambiguous.
    Last edited by trionsaur REX; 01-23-2016 at 02:49 AM.

So because you don't have any real "control" over your guild and because your guild's interests conflict with your own, you think it would be appropriate to call for guide writers to stop writing guides instead? Many guide writers enjoy writing guides and sharing their knowledge to the community and much of the community appreciates it.

If you think someone in your guild as read the guides, then all an officer/raid lead/guild lead has to say is "look, we want to learn this fight from scratch. If you know something about the fight, keep it to yourself." and if they have any respect and decency, they'll do so.

Rather than jumping to taking something away from others, you should look for better solutions that you can change without having to change the community. It's human nature to look for answers. Trion's reach can only extend so far. Can't tell you how many guides I've used from public guild websites, accessible to anyone with a search engine. If they're not here, they'll be somewhere else. So instead of trying to do the impossible, maybe it might be a good idea to look at your guild and see what you can control there.
    R.I.P.

I would just question who benefits from these guides apart from the guide writers ego.

I'm not saying never write a guide, just hold off on releasing it until the guilds that are likely to kill it on their own have killed it. There is still a race for World top 10 rankings and just because some have cleared it, why ruin it for the rest?

I guess here is a better question to ponder? Would the community welcome Trion releasing a walkthrough guide for a raid before it is released including details of all mechanics and how to counter them?

I would like to think that would spark outrage if it happened, yet what we are seeing here is no different from our perspective. These are fights we haven't even seen yet but had been looking forward to getting to in the next couple of weeks.

I would just question who benefits from these guides apart from the guide writers ego.
    Guilds that have just reached a boss, are relatively behind, and don't raid enough for pure, exploratory progression.

Without guides like Oria's, there would be many, many guilds that would still be struggling on something like Thalguur or Inwar Darktide. These guides are invaluable to most guilds, and no one is forcing anyone to read them or use that strategy. Releasing guides early just helps with catching up. Mechanics and composition is already easily available in kill videos, streams and Prancing Turtle. A guide just consolidates all of that.

Back when I was in a more casual guild, we used Oria's guides as references and checkpoints, and developed our own strategy. tailored to what we had, based around both the mechanics we saw and what was shown in the guide. They were a godsend, and we would have never gotten as far as we did without them. They didn't ruin the joy of progression, or discovery. They just helped us along.

I think of raiding as being a part of an orchestra, and raids as pieces. Kill videos are like videos of other orchestras playing the piece, and guides are like notes and annotations on how to play the piece.

There is still a race for World top 10 rankings
    No there isn't. This game doesn't have the population for that. There's barely 10 active guilds on NA doing MoM. You can't have a competition for top 10 with 15 groups (Well you can, but it's meaningless).
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-23-2016 at 10:59 AM.

So its ok to spoil it for the guilds outside the first 10 and not before? What makes the first 10 special?

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast