+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dark Genesis Guide [Written]

Wilkoss, every time one of these guides gets posted, you comment on how they should delay the release of the guides and every time, no one else shares your opinion. What does that tell you about how the community perceives the guides?

As I've said before, I was in a guild that didn't use any guides ever. If you watched a guide, you kept the information to yourself. There's no reason why you can't do that, unless your guild isn't interested in killing bosses without guides. Then you have an issue with conflicting interests. So the issue isn't the guides and guide writers, it's you not having the same interests as your guild.
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-23-2016 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    It's a nice guide, but it really does that the fun away from the guilds like ours that want to learn the fights rather than be spoonfed them.

It would be much better if we could hold off on the guides until say 10 guilds have beaten a fight.

And yes, we could all choose not to read it, but in practice that wont ever happen.
    you didnt mind the first five bosses guides eh?worlds something number blowed ur epeen it seems
    Maniaq@Greybriar

Nice guide and well written,thank you
    Maniaq@Greybriar

It's a nice guide, but it really does that the fun away from the guilds like ours that want to learn the fights rather than be spoonfed them.

It would be much better if we could hold off on the guides until say 10 guilds have beaten a fight.

And yes, we could all choose not to read it, but in practice that wont ever happen.
    Between these forums and twitch, people will see the majority of the fight anyway.
    Having a guide is only one part of it, performing is the other.
    Having the right roles only goes so far as to say "someone else killed it this way, therefore it is possible". You don't have to pay any attention to the guide and can make the fight as difficult for yourself as you like.

Over a period of time, guides on these forums have gone out the window, so it's good to see some of them being written again.
    NA#1 T-Rex. Coriolis & Nefarious

PrancingTurtle online log parser

In the raiding guilds that I got to know first hand its usually demanded that you read guides. And if I pug I expect people to have at least guide xp.
    Even in the Rift raiding guild that I was with during SL, you were expected to have guide xp.

I think what plays into this is Rifts encounter design and the weight of strategy vs execution or proactive vs reactive elements. But I dont want to go into too much detail with this, as long as Rift raiding has a lot bigger issues to address first.
    Last edited by Ongar; 01-24-2016 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    So its ok to spoil it for the guilds outside the first 10 and not before? What makes the first 10 special?
    Well, 10 is an arbitrary number. The point is, there are x amount of guilds (including us, Last Dawn, Arm Dearg, Nephilim e.t.c.) that want to compete with each other for top 10 places. There will become a point where the guilds that haven't killed these fights might prefer a guide to walk them through it, but even then, I bet they'd prefer not to.

So no-one has answered my previous question yet.

Would the community welcome Trion releasing a walkthrough guide for a raid before it is released including details of all mechanics and how to counter them?

If the answer is "no, that would take the fun out of it" (which I assume the majority of people in the top few guilds would answer) then please have a think about how releasing guides before we have seen a boss takes the fun out of it for us.

We are currently not actively recruiting, but if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

HK 10/11 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - MoM (HM) 9/9 - CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM)

Plane Walker

Well, 10 is an arbitrary number. The point is, there are x amount of guilds (including us, Last Dawn, Arm Dearg, Nephilim e.t.c.) that want to compete with each other for top 10 places. There will become a point where the guilds that haven't killed these fights might prefer a guide to walk them through it, but even then, I bet they'd prefer not to.

Not everyone wants to compete and imo this late what's there to compete for? Besides that, i'm sure there are players in the guilds you mentioned (like myself) or maybe whole guilds who don't care about your so called competition so you really have nothing to stand on with that claim.

Am curious how wiould you prevent players of "those guild" simply asking eachother and you know, talking?.

Every guild/raider always has a choice if he/she/they want to help themselves with watching videos/streams/guides or not. Besides having a look at the guide (or what ever other thing of your choosing) won't magically make you down the boss either, there's still plenty of other factors. In the end its up to you and the people you're playing with to decide the route they want to go by, be it guids or having fun with trying to figure out things.

And for you silly "big question", it is the exact same thing as i said above. I'm sure some people would be happy about it, on the other hand, some wouldn't like it and prob wouldn't read it as well. You can't claim one or the other universally across whole player base.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 01-24-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

So no-one has answered my previous question yet.

Would the community welcome Trion releasing a walkthrough guide for a raid before it is released including details of all mechanics and how to counter them?

If the answer is "no, that would take the fun out of it" (which I assume the majority of people in the top few guilds would answer) then please have a think about how releasing guides before we have seen a boss takes the fun out of it for us.
    you cant even speak on behalf of your guild ,please dont speak on behalf of other guilds as well .
    on a side note cant see you being competative here http://www.topofrift.com/standings/w...ru_and_akylios
    Last edited by Grobari; 01-25-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    Maniaq@Greybriar

Champion

Still donīt understand why youīre mad about people who make such an effort in releasing guides.
    If you donīt want to use it, just donīt copy&paste their strat.

<Transcendent>

guides and strats used to be closely guarded secrets, but with how little competition there is and how much "less populated" the hardcore raiding community is, the guides are probably appreciated because a lot of the guilds around are used to being spoon-fed strats in the first place.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I would very much welcome public information on bosses from Trion. Firstly, because it would level the playing field and lessen the advantage or assumed advantage of testing (or for that matter, which raid dev you test with). Secondly, we wouldnt need this ridiculous red phone to the raid devs to check with them if mechanic A or strat B is intended or not.

Also, i dont think that for any top raiding guild determining mechanics poses a problem, usually a few pulls into the fight you have them down. Its how fast you adapt and how well you execute them that makes you pull ahead during progress.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2