+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mind Of Madness (MoM) Tier3 GUIDES going live!

Default Mind Of Madness (MoM) Tier3 GUIDES going live!

Just sharing these guides!

Last edited by BlackLab; 11-22-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLab View Post
    Why is it always the same damn music, you stuck in some old era or something?

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Dunno why. Ask him, not me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    My best guest is that Oria uses noncopyrighted music so he can monetize the channel. On top of that he is old git and likes 8bit games. He is also bad at them.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 11-13-2015 at 09:54 AM.

I love Orias guides as much as the next person, but these are out way too soon. It's really ruining the fun of progression on new bosses. We enjoy analyzing skills and working out strategy, this kinda takes that away.

Oh but Wilkoss, just don't read them! I'd be happy not to, but we can't expect none of our 25 raiders to watch them, and even if we did, other guilds behind us will be watching them and could overtake us on progression.

Keep them coming but please wait at least a month, or until all 10 of the raiding guilds left manage to kill them.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I love Orias guides as much as the next person, but these are out way too soon. It's really ruining the fun of progression on new bosses. We enjoy analyzing skills and working out strategy, this kinda takes that away.

Oh but Wilkoss, just don't read them! I'd be happy not to, but we can't expect none of our 25 raiders to watch them, and even if we did, other guilds behind us will be watching them and could overtake us on progression.
    Why not? I was in a guild that didn't use guides for anything. No one watched the guides and everyone learned the fights by trying them and wiping over and over. If you enjoy progression through learning the fights on your own, then you won't watch the guides. If you do choose to watch the guides, then you are "ruining" the fun of progression for yourself. If you truly enjoy "analyzing skills and working out strategy", then you won't watch the videos. And about the competition: it comes down to what you care about more. The majority of the time you can't have both.
    R.I.P.

Plane Walker

Keep them coming but please wait at least a month, or until all 10 of the raiding guilds left manage to kill them.
    We have cleared mom three times now, so it's not far from the month limit you did set.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post
    We have cleared mom three times now, so it's not far from the month limit you did set.
    MoM came out on the 5th Nov - 17 days ago. I wouldn't class that as nearly a month.

The first guide came out on the 10th November - 5 days after release, then the 2nd boss on the 13th - 8 days after release. Tell me that's not ridiculous?

At lease give those that want to kill it without guides a chance to do so. I spent hours analyzing data and figuring out best strategy for the 2nd boss, then bam, here's a guide an hour before raid time. All that work out the window and back to a level playing field.

Maybe they could be released the day of release so that everyone has them from the first day?

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

At lease give those that want to kill it without guides a chance to do so. I spent hours analyzing data and figuring out best strategy for the 2nd boss, then bam, here's a guide an hour before raid time. All that work out the window and back to a level playing field.
    The only one discounting any work you did is yourself. Like I said, you can still kill it without guides. If all that work means nothing because Apoth released a guide, then maybe take the opportunity to see where you can improve how you analyzed the fight and prepared a strategy. It's not like anyone is forcing you to watch the guide. If you don't want to, then don't. As I said before, a guild I was in never used (and still doesn't use) guides even though the guides had been out for months. It's a choice you make.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    It's a choice you make.
    It's a choice I can make, but I can't expect no one in the guild to not look. If we are wiping to something over and over again, sooner or later someone is going to say - hey let's just look at the guide and it will tell us.

I'm not THAT old, but I come from a background of playing Zelda and Mario Bros when the best you could hope for if you are stuck is a premium call to the Nintendo helpline and hope your parents don't find out (they did). Or maybe NMS would happen to have a guide feature in their monthly publication.

If you give someone the opportunity to find a quick solution to a problem, they will take it. It's human nature.

It's a choice I can make, but I can't expect no one in the guild to not look. If we are wiping to something over and over again, sooner or later someone is going to say - hey let's just look at the guide and it will tell us.

If you give someone the opportunity to find a quick solution to a problem, they will take it. It's human nature.
    Then obviously you and your guildies have different interests. I left the guild I was in because I didn't like wiping on the same boss for months when it could be solved by just learning the mechanics. Just because there's a guide out there doesn't mean you have to use it and even if you do use it, you can still play differently. Everyone has different compositions, different skill sets. Learning the mechanics of the fights and killing the bosses are very different. If you're the only one who would rather learn the mechanics as a guild than from a guide, then maybe a different guild might be better. But having the rest of the community wait on your behalf is not the way to go about it.
    R.I.P.

Soulwalker

You need a hug wilkoss

- or were you just struggling in school ?

Junoo@Typhiria - Rogue
    4/4 RoF:RA:Conq - 5/5 MS - 3/3 TF + Crucia HM - 10/11 HK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast