+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Cookiez217

Thread: Rhaza'de Canyons Guide

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Cookiez217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default Rhaza'de Canyons Guide

    Hi all, so I finally cleared all the achieves in the new dungeon so while I wait for trion to grant me a Conqueror which will totally not happen I decided to write a guide. Yes this dungeon is easy, but understanding mechanics 100% really helps for getting achievements. Also some people struggle on this, be nice!

    Note that I am not covering group composition because generally speaking, I have tried every combination of Tank/Heal/DPS specs and pretty much everything works on everything.


    King Krilladu

    Okay so this fight is really simple because everything you can do literally relies on having high DPS or high HPS and possibly a decent Tank. You will need both ST and AoE healing, though generally speaking a heavily geared Purifier can handle AoE healing even on a Tank with around 120k HP.

    Krilladu Minors will remove 2-3 stacks upon death, "Grown" Minor Krilladu will randomly spawn every 10-20 seconds out of one of the existing Minors, these will take 500% more damage and also drop a green AoE upon death. This AoE boosts all DPS by 20% to anyone who stands in it. Oh and the big adds still remove 2-3 stacks, so don't get excited there.

    If you're trying to kill it as fast as possible you should ideally reduce the HP on all existing adds until 30 seconds into the fight when boss spawns, then nuke everything there. Keep in mind the big add that takes huge amounts of damage compared to the rest.

    I would recommend using good ST specs with good cleave, but full AoE can work too if you have sufficient gear such as full T1's or greater.

    Oh and the boss casts Call of the Swarm, most people would guess by the name that it summons more adds but it doesn't. It actually heals the boss for 5% of it's HP, so you really should interrupt this unless you're trying to keep it alive for the 50 adds achieve.


    Shatterhorn

    This boss is fairly straight forward and mostly relies on the Tank and Healer.

    DPS can either just kill the 3 big adds or leave them alone. They do extra damage to the Tank sure, but they also grant a 20% DPS boost to the boss for each one that dies; but don't worry because this buff is temporary anyway. Also note that it's easier to ignore the Charge mechanic until all 3 adds die if you do that achieve, since ground AoE is not friendly to having mobs being moved out of it.

    The Charge mechanic is triggered by moving a certain distance from the boss (10m?) and if you choose to hide, it allows you to stun the boss once he charges into the crystal and also removes his 2% damage increase stacks that build up over the fight. Also note that the charge is not lethal to the Tank so if your DPS is high enough to kill it before big damage is taken then you can safely ignore it.

    If your Healer is a lot more geared than your Tank then they will likely get the first Charge though so they should hide. If you do choose to do the hide mechanic however for the achieve, bear in mind that the blue ones explode with heavy raid damage that should be healed up quickly.

    Oh and Tank needs to interrupt Building Fury or they get one-shot, they also need to kite the boss frequently because he uses Trembling Earth if he holds still for too long; this does massive raid-wide damage.


    Mithe Tethson

    Since there's 6 adds with fairly different mechanics, it's easier to just remember it like this:

    - Tank always interrupts boss and remains ready to pick up additional adds

    - DPS always interrupts add (If applicable)

    - Healer always remains ready to switch between ST and AoE healing.


    Only a maximum of 2 primary adds can spawn throughout the encounter, if you're doing the achieve to kill all 6 you can also keep wiping until you get them all in one encounter

    Also note that the sky whale add can cleave in all directions of melee range, just something to remember.

    The red bubble that spawns on Tank is a damage share, but unless they're seriously undergeared this is currently not fatal in any way. The Bite is slightly fatal, but can be survived with cooldowns in case you want to let one through just for the achieve.


    Khadluu Khan

    Personally I found this the most annoying boss in the instance, in terms of working out what the heck it does. It is almost entirely focused on positioning from what I can tell though.


    Tank should always be in front of the boss and in melee range. The exception to this is Solar Beam, when you see the Gathering Energy cast you should hide behind a Painite Crystal or you will die. You should also avoid hugging it in melee range, you just need to LoS the boss so stepping a bit back won't hurt. Following this the boss uses Earthshattering Roar, you should try to dodge this since it will hurt quite a bit; DO NOT return to melee following this cast. Instead wait for the boss to come to you, he has a 500% damage buff and for one reason or another, it only goes away if you stay over near the crystal and let the boss come back to you. You should pull it back to melee though.

    DPS and Healer have the simple job of stacking on the side of the boss in melee range. The front of the boss is dangerous due to cleaves, same with the tail. Shattering Shard is a DoT that is applied to all members of the raid who are either not in melee range or standing in front of the tail. If you want to keep it simple (and get an achieve) you should just stick to the side of the boss.

    Another reason is Murderous Lunge, if you're directly in front of the boss and not in melee, he will use this mechanic which hurts (and also fails an achieve) so watch out. Oh the Tank can also be affected by Lunge, just not in the short duration after the Beam + Roar phase. Oh and the Lunge is instant so if you're doing the Painite Crystal achieve, you'll need to be behind a crystal all the time as a non-Tank; while also planning your DPS so that the Tank doesn't have to deal with a Beam when there's no crystal up. Also the crystals are not solid, it lets you hide from the boss but it doesn't stop you taking the Lunge damage nor does it stop you attacking the boss from behind it.

    The final mechanic to note is the hardest one in the entire game. TURN AROUND. If you see Ruby Flash casting, or just the emote that clearly says "Look away!" then you need to turn around or you will take a fair bit of damage and also have a decrease of 15% DPS. Yes this doesn't affect Tank + Healer, but it can sometimes be troubling to take damage.


    Teth Mornta

    This boss is actually an absolute pain to do achieves on, but if you have a heavily-geared Tank it's an easy carry. I did not bother looking at every buff he used throughout the fight so I'll stick to the important ones that happen.

    Soul Rip is a purple AoE circle that spawns in melee range (at sub-30% it has a different name, just watch for the circle), you need to get in that circle within 2 seconds or you will get one-shotted, Tanks will also just take huge amounts of damage.

    Shatter Reality is an LoS mechanic that gives you 8 seconds to hide behind something solid or die.

    Spiritual Abyss also plonks an AoE bubble on any random player including Tank, it will actually hurt quite a bit on non-Tanks. AoE healing can pretty much let you ignore this, if your group is struggling to get back into melee for Soul Rip you can use a well-geared Tank and an AoE healer to just keep you all in melee.

    There is also a cleanse mechanic that roots you, but I was too lazy to remember the name. It's the only debuff though, so cleanse it if you see it!

    Basically you do those mechanics while slowly leading Teth through the chambers, up the ramp and into the Ascension Beam at the top chamber. The beam causes him to take 25% more damage from all sources for about 50-60 seconds, this can only be refreshed by pulling him out of the beam and back into it. Keep in mind the boss has a cleave however, so this is dangerous; plus moving him while still expecting a Soul Rip is pretty dangerous.

    At sub-40% he will start gaining a stacking buff of 2% damage increase known as Ascension Field, that's your soft enrage. At sub-30% he will stop using Shatter Reality, which is cool because it means you don't need to run around as much.

    If you're trying to do achieves you can do both at the same time pretty easily if your Tank is uber-geared and has LB from a Purifier. Just kite him around the full circle and back to the beam, you can pretty much outrun Soul Rip using insoles and Shatter Reality will usually not have been used even after that full 1.5 circles. The alternative with a poop-geared Tank is to just do mechanics normally, but also move really quickly. This means DPS and Healer need to keep up with the Tank or Soul Rip will destroy them, the boss does however stop moving when he uses this so you can take a break there.




    Last point is the Aethenhawks achieve, you clear the entire instance and then reenter the instance. Why reenter? Because the 5th boss dying spawns a barrier so you can't go back from that area. Anyway run back to where the 4th boss was, if you hug the wall on the right you will find a huge vine you can climb. Make your ascent on this and once you reach near the top, you'll see an opening to your right (if you're facing forward on the vine) where you can jump.

    After this there's a small gap to jump over and you'll find two bird nests, with actual yellow-orange birds in them. Basically one person hops into each nest and boom, achieve is done. You can only have one person in each nest however, and it's a personal; so rotate who gets in to make sure everyone gets it. Also remember that the nest + birds do in fact spawn at the beginning, but they don't do anything till 5th boss is dead.






    That's all, hope this helps you get some achieves or maybe just let you clear the dungeon
    Last edited by Cookiez217; 10-18-2015 at 06:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Simpauttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Regarding last boss, what's Spiritual Singularity that occasionally instakills people in the sub-30% phase? Is that the "sub-30% Soul Rip" not registering properly due to that platform, as the instakills always seem to happen when there are purple circles involved? We stand still at the last platform behind the boss, and first few purple circles usually go fine, but then suddenly a wild boom appears at some point (even when we are still standing in the very same spot well inside the circle). Hit me for 97k with 150k overkill, also killed another party member at the same time. Seen it happen on a few separate runs now.

    Or is it something completely else? Also thanks for the write-up, made pugging it a little easier.
    Last edited by Simpauttaja; 10-20-2015 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser MisakaMikoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpauttaja View Post
    Regarding last boss, what's Spiritual Singularity that occasionally instakills people in the sub-30% phase? Is that the "sub-30% Soul Rip" not registering properly due to that platform, as the instakills always seem to happen when there are purple circles involved? We stand still at the last platform behind the boss, and first few purple circles usually go fine, but then suddenly a wild boom appears at some point (even when we are still standing in the very same spot well inside the circle). Hit me for 97k with 150k overkill, also killed another party member at the same time. Seen it happen on a few separate runs now.

    Or is it something completely else? Also thanks for the write-up, made pugging it a little easier.
    yes its the sub 30 soul rip version, theres a simple method, just los everything behind the ramp below stairs.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser MisakaMikoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez217 View Post
    Hi all, so I finally cleared all the achieves in the new dungeon so while I wait for trion to grant me a Conqueror which will totally not happen I decided to write a guide. Yes this dungeon is easy, but understanding mechanics 100% really helps for getting achievements. Also some people struggle on this, be nice!

    Note that I am not covering group composition because generally speaking, I have tried every combination of Tank/Heal/DPS specs and pretty much everything works on everything.


    King Krilladu

    Okay so this fight is really simple because everything you can do literally relies on having high DPS or high HPS and possibly a decent Tank. You will need both ST and AoE healing, though generally speaking a heavily geared Purifier can handle AoE healing even on a Tank with around 120k HP.

    Krilladu Minors will remove 2-3 stacks upon death, "Grown" Minor Krilladu will randomly spawn every 10-20 seconds out of one of the existing Minors, these will take 500% more damage and also drop a green AoE upon death. This AoE boosts all DPS by 20% to anyone who stands in it. Oh and the big adds still remove 2-3 stacks, so don't get excited there.

    If you're trying to kill it as fast as possible you should ideally reduce the HP on all existing adds until 30 seconds into the fight when boss spawns, then nuke everything there. Keep in mind the big add that takes huge amounts of damage compared to the rest.

    I would recommend using good ST specs with good cleave, but full AoE can work too if you have sufficient gear such as full T1's or greater.

    Oh and the boss casts Call of the Swarm, most people would guess by the name that it summons more adds but it doesn't. It actually heals the boss for 5% of it's HP, so you really should interrupt this unless you're trying to keep it alive for the 50 adds achieve.


    Shatterhorn

    This boss is fairly straight forward and mostly relies on the Tank and Healer.

    DPS can either just kill the 3 big adds or leave them alone. They do extra damage to the Tank sure, but they also grant a 20% DPS boost to the boss for each one that dies; but don't worry because this buff is temporary anyway. Also note that it's easier to ignore the Charge mechanic until all 3 adds die if you do that achieve, since ground AoE is not friendly to having mobs being moved out of it.

    The Charge mechanic is triggered by moving a certain distance from the boss (10m?) and if you choose to hide, it allows you to stun the boss once he charges into the crystal and also removes his 2% damage increase stacks that build up over the fight. Also note that the charge is not lethal to the Tank so if your DPS is high enough to kill it before big damage is taken then you can safely ignore it.

    If your Healer is a lot more geared than your Tank then they will likely get the first Charge though so they should hide. If you do choose to do the hide mechanic however for the achieve, bear in mind that the blue ones explode with heavy raid damage that should be healed up quickly.

    Oh and Tank needs to interrupt Building Fury or they get one-shot, they also need to kite the boss frequently because he uses Trembling Earth if he holds still for too long; this does massive raid-wide damage.


    Mithe Tethson

    Since there's 6 adds with fairly different mechanics, it's easier to just remember it like this:

    - Tank always interrupts boss and remains ready to pick up additional adds

    - DPS always interrupts add (If applicable)

    - Healer always remains ready to switch between ST and AoE healing.


    Only a maximum of 2 primary adds can spawn throughout the encounter, if you're doing the achieve to kill all 6 you can also keep wiping until you get them all in one encounter

    Also note that the sky whale add can cleave in all directions of melee range, just something to remember.

    The red bubble that spawns on Tank is a damage share, but unless they're seriously undergeared this is currently not fatal in any way. The Bite is slightly fatal, but can be survived with cooldowns in case you want to let one through just for the achieve.


    Khadluu Khan

    Personally I found this the most annoying boss in the instance, in terms of working out what the heck it does. It is almost entirely focused on positioning from what I can tell though.


    Tank should always be in front of the boss and in melee range. The exception to this is Solar Beam, when you see the Gathering Energy cast you should hide behind a Painite Crystal or you will die. You should also avoid hugging it in melee range, you just need to LoS the boss so stepping a bit back won't hurt. Following this the boss uses Earthshattering Roar, you should try to dodge this since it will hurt quite a bit; DO NOT return to melee following this cast. Instead wait for the boss to come to you, he has a 500% damage buff and for one reason or another, it only goes away if you stay over near the crystal and let the boss come back to you. You should pull it back to melee though.

    DPS and Healer have the simple job of stacking on the side of the boss in melee range. The front of the boss is dangerous due to cleaves, same with the tail. Shattering Shard is a DoT that is applied to all members of the raid who are either not in melee range or standing in front of the tail. If you want to keep it simple (and get an achieve) you should just stick to the side of the boss.

    Another reason is Murderous Lunge, if you're directly in front of the boss and not in melee, he will use this mechanic which hurts (and also fails an achieve) so watch out. Oh the Tank can also be affected by Lunge, just not in the short duration after the Beam + Roar phase. Oh and the Lunge is instant so if you're doing the Painite Crystal achieve, you'll need to be behind a crystal all the time as a non-Tank; while also planning your DPS so that the Tank doesn't have to deal with a Beam when there's no crystal up. Also the crystals are not solid, it lets you hide from the boss but it doesn't stop you taking the Lunge damage nor does it stop you attacking the boss from behind it.

    The final mechanic to note is the hardest one in the entire game. TURN AROUND. If you see Ruby Flash casting, or just the emote that clearly says "Look away!" then you need to turn around or you will take a fair bit of damage and also have a decrease of 15% DPS. Yes this doesn't affect Tank + Healer, but it can sometimes be troubling to take damage.


    Teth Mornta

    This boss is actually an absolute pain to do achieves on, but if you have a heavily-geared Tank it's an easy carry. I did not bother looking at every buff he used throughout the fight so I'll stick to the important ones that happen.

    Soul Rip is a purple AoE circle that spawns in melee range (at sub-30% it has a different name, just watch for the circle), you need to get in that circle within 2 seconds or you will get one-shotted, Tanks will also just take huge amounts of damage.

    Shatter Reality is an LoS mechanic that gives you 8 seconds to hide behind something solid or die.

    Spiritual Abyss also plonks an AoE bubble on any random player including Tank, it will actually hurt quite a bit on non-Tanks. AoE healing can pretty much let you ignore this, if your group is struggling to get back into melee for Soul Rip you can use a well-geared Tank and an AoE healer to just keep you all in melee.

    There is also a cleanse mechanic that roots you, but I was too lazy to remember the name. It's the only debuff though, so cleanse it if you see it!

    Basically you do those mechanics while slowly leading Teth through the chambers, up the ramp and into the Ascension Beam at the top chamber. The beam causes him to take 25% more damage from all sources for about 50-60 seconds, this can only be refreshed by pulling him out of the beam and back into it. Keep in mind the boss has a cleave however, so this is dangerous; plus moving him while still expecting a Soul Rip is pretty dangerous.

    At sub-40% he will start gaining a stacking buff of 2% damage increase known as Ascension Field, that's your soft enrage. At sub-30% he will stop using Shatter Reality, which is cool because it means you don't need to run around as much.

    If you're trying to do achieves you can do both at the same time pretty easily if your Tank is uber-geared and has LB from a Purifier. Just kite him around the full circle and back to the beam, you can pretty much outrun Soul Rip using insoles and Shatter Reality will usually not have been used even after that full 1.5 circles. The alternative with a poop-geared Tank is to just do mechanics normally, but also move really quickly. This means DPS and Healer need to keep up with the Tank or Soul Rip will destroy them, the boss does however stop moving when he uses this so you can take a break there.




    Last point is the Aethenhawks achieve, you clear the entire instance and then reenter the instance. Why reenter? Because the 5th boss dying spawns a barrier so you can't go back from that area. Anyway run back to where the 4th boss was, if you hug the wall on the right you will find a huge vine you can climb. Make your ascent on this and once you reach near the top, you'll see an opening to your right (if you're facing forward on the vine) where you can jump.

    After this there's a small gap to jump over and you'll find two bird nests, with actual yellow-orange birds in them. Basically one person hops into each nest and boom, achieve is done. You can only have one person in each nest however, and it's a personal; so rotate who gets in to make sure everyone gets it. Also remember that the nest + birds do in fact spawn at the beginning, but they don't do anything till 5th boss is dead.






    That's all, hope this helps you get some achieves or maybe just let you clear the dungeon
    how did you do the first boss 2 minute one? dps is needed a lot
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

  5. #5
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,898

    Default

    There is also a cleanse mechanic that roots you, but I was too lazy to remember the name. It's the only debuff though, so cleanse it if you see it!
    There are at least two debuffs. One is the root that happens throughout the entire fight. The other starts partway in and says something about death that must also be cleansed.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    how did you do the first boss 2 minute one? dps is needed a lot
    Just need a lot of dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    There are at least two debuffs. One is the root that happens throughout the entire fight. The other starts partway in and says something about death that must also be cleansed.
    The cleanses are called Chains of Teth and Death Sentence. They are literally the same thing with different names.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Cookiez217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Yeah I didn't think too hard about remembering the names of identical mechanics, so I did slack a little on that. I'm pretty sure the concept of "purple debuff cleanse it" is still plenty easy to remember though

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Cookiez217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    how did you do the first boss 2 minute one? dps is needed a lot
    Cabalist pretty much destroys on that fight, bringing several of those always helps.

    I know it looks like ST DPS seems like a priority, but the boss has about the same HP as the adds so you should really focus on killing adds as soon as possible to drop stacks. This is why full AoE nuking is the best tactic.

    You can also balance out your team by doing simple things like making the worst-geared (or worst DPS, although an AoE spec should be faceroll.) player do the tanking.

    Then add little bonuses like Sigils + Vials + Feasts + Weapon Stones.

    If you're desperate enough, you can even make a Purifier drop Fire Walls

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Stormbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Home.
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez217 View Post
    [ All the "guide" stuff. ]
    This really is not a very helpful "guide" since it assumes that people already know a lot about each encounter.

    Last edited by Stormbow; 11-18-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Don't waste your time replying to me directly in a post.

    These forums are garbage and no threads can be subscribed to properly since 2010.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I can sum up this dungeon for those of you who are gearing up towards t1 content.

    Check gear levels, if tanks are not over 120-130k hp, reque.

    If dps are under 70-75k hp and cannot pull 40-50k dps, reque.

    If the healer has no raid equipment, consider either having a second healer or reque.

    if you have a pug group that has one who has never done it, reque.

    Remember, you are only here for marks and vendor loot, because unless you over gear it, you have very near no chance of clearing it, or are determined to spend a few hours trying.

    This should have been released as a master mode dungeon, not part of the que system, the difficulty to reward is very cabbage.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser PrincessToxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    392

    Default

    my alt is a primalist and she can heal nicely BUT i just dont see a primalist being able to meet the heal check on first boss.. considering we dont have much aoe heals.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts