+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Raid Buff/Debuff Stacking (updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    Is there also a new physical damage debuff hiding somewhere (other than Twin Cuts)? I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've seen my Ashen Defense being overwritten by something unknown to my alerts recently.
    Just to reiterate on how these debuffs interact with each other:

Increased Physical Damage Taken
    Twin Cuts (Warrior/Beastmaster)
    ------------------------------------------
    Ashen Defense (Mage/Archon)
    Coda of Cowardice (Rogue/Bard) requires combo points, with 2/2 Extended Grief
    Curse of Frailty (Cleric/Oracle)

Category
    Power A
    Power B
    ------------
    Power C

In this example, Power A and Power B will overwrite each other (no priority between them), and either of them will overwrite Power C.

The same thing goes for everything under that line. So, while Twin Cuts overwrites and cannot be overwritten by anything below the line, everything below the line has no priority between them just like in the comparison above between Power A and Power B. In conclusion, Ashen Defense, Coda of Cowardice and Curse of Frailty will overwrite each other with no priority between them. That is what you are probably seeing.

Edit: If this isn't what you are seeing, then there is definitely a problem out there that needs to be tracked down.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-03-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Let me clarify: I believe I've seen my Ashen Defense drop off the target without Curse of Frailty or Coda of Cowardice being applied by anyone (I have alerts for those), and there was no BM in the group who could've done Twin Cuts. So I'm wondering if there might by any debuff we're missing or if I'm imagining things?
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Seal of Enhancement from runeshaper?
    Yep, that actually is the culprit. With the help of a guildie I was able to confirm that Seal of Enhancement overwrites both Ashen Defense and Crumbling Resistance! Since it only does a non-phys debuff itself I'm assuming that's a bug, which I will also report as such.
    Last edited by Ernbrecht; 05-03-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    -- Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    Yep, that actually is the culprit. With the help of a guildie I was able to confirm that Seal of Enhancement overwrites both Ashen Defense and Crumbling Resistance! Since it only does a non-phys debuff itself I'm assuming that's a bug, which I will also report as such.
    Definitely something that needs to be looked at and fixed. It's weird that someone would even be using that ability in the first place (in a raid environment at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    It's weird that someone would even be using that ability in the first place (in a raid environment at least).
    Yeah, well, I've noticed that in a DRR pug, not a proper raid. I've been trying in vain for about three years now to teach pug clerics not to use Spiritual Deficiency and bards to use Jeopardy, not Distress... I guess I'll just have to add another ability to the list.
    Last edited by Ernbrecht; 05-03-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    -- Hoban Washburn

Updated Health Buff 5 with today's Ablative Crystal change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3