+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nightmare Rifts - An indepth Guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Wouldn't it be 4 per 3s? AFAIK, Withering is still on the 1.5s GCD. From what I understand, Phys/tact is best because they can use their cores to generate more procs?
    well, only active buttons presses count for unity. so core etc shouldnt work imho.
    and 4 procs per 3s is still better than 4 procs per 4 secs. since neither phys nor tac do have an oGCD heal without a cd
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Wouldn't it be 4 per 3s? AFAIK, Withering is still on the 1.5s GCD. From what I understand, Phys/tact is best because they can use their cores to generate more procs?
    Ebb and Flow (Arbiter 61 point buff ability) make all of the Mage's global cooldown reduced to 1 second.

So it would be 2 per second.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-01-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    since you can proc it more than once 1 second,the best spec would be a healer with a 1 sec GCD and with an oGCD-heal
    What, no TtB Lib with his mighty 0.5s GCD?

Thanks for starting this thread as everybody in game is either farming NMRs for rep/stones/exp or crashing open world rifts to eat red/afk/fail turn around. Hopefully this helps both groups.

Been lucky enough to be in on that NA stage 150 NMR5 and a few other high level ones. The level of tension that comes when getting to upper stages is great and more exciting than raiding this current buggy tier, IMO.

And the Positive/Negative boss is my favorite, watching ppl scramble and miss it by 1 sec is da bes

If you upgrade a pillar to an orb and four orbs are already present will there be 5 orbs now or will one of the others despawn?

I tested the withering vines + soothing waters. Apparently, my withering vines was just not proccing Unity.

I didn't actually try with only using Withering Vines without soothing waters since I didn't want to waste time with the unity but I wasn't proccing 2 per second, only 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymer View Post
    If you upgrade a pillar to an orb and four orbs are already present will there be 5 orbs now or will one of the others despawn?
    You can only have a combined total of 4 power ups and/or builders.

So when you have 3 power ups and 1 builder, gaining a power up from the bonus is gonna replace the builder with a power up.

The power ups also always spawn in the same places on the rift.
    AFAIK, there is 3 spawn points on one side forming a triangle and 1 lonely on the other side.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-02-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

Pushing the Limits - now at stage 165

The raid lead just really needs to know what he is doing when it comes to situational stages. You also need very knowledgeable supporters for power-ups.
    Ophious@Greybriar [Crayons]

Shadowlander

I don't know if this belongs in your guide, but I have noticed some things that are so simple that people are just clueless about....

1. Pull mobs to the center. This serves 2 purposes: 1) Useful for AoE players. 2) Melee players don't have to chase the mobs all over.

2. Pet classes - Don't send your pet onto a mob until it is in the center. Otherwise, a Warrior will have to pull it into the center.

3. If you get knocked out of the area, and you have aggro, run back to the center. Otherwise, the mob will chase you.

4. If you have aggro, try to stay near the center.

5. If you have just shown up, please join the group. That way, healers can check on your life easier.

Telaran

I'll just want to add some words for Powerup Usage, to this good overview.

Powerups

Unity
    This Powerup gives you a buff, which makes your healingspells to pulsate Dmg in an about 8m radius around you. In the last seconds of it's about ~18 seconds duration, you can use it on an enemy, which gives it a debuff for 8 seconds, that does dmg to that enemy and to all enemies around him.
    The damageoutput on the mobs is percentage-based and is higher, than on other powerups! (I think it's 7% or 8%, while all others, beside of the green one, are 5%-6%)

Explanation how to use it properly
    The damageability of this powerup triggers with every single heal you do, while you have it. It doesn't matter, if it's the same heal or how big the healing is. A 1 Hitpoint heal is enough!
    The damageoutput of this powerup gets influenced by the global cooldown of the user.
    Therefore you want to have a powerupuser with a 1 second GCD and is able to spam heals, in every global GCD.
    Usually the tanks use powerups and i need you (the community) to add stuff i might not think about now:

Warriors: VK/Para/Lib,
    Mages: Standard Tankspec with a macro which includes Autoability + Off GCD Focus-Usage Heal
    Clerics: Have a 1.5 seconds GCD, which decrease the power of this powerup by a lot and there heals are based on dogma, which doesn't regenerate fast enough to spam it through
    Rogues: I think they have a 1 second GCD, but i don't know a spec for them, where they have a spamable heal and be able to tank?

Chaos
    This powerup gives you a buff, which makes your damaging abilitys do bonus damage around YOU. In the last seconds of the ~18 seconds duration, you can target a friendly player and use the "on-use" ability to increase that persons damage for a short duration.

Same as above. You want someone to take it, who have a 1 second GCD, to increase the dmg of this powerup by a lot.

Red / Laser / Pew Pew
    After using it, you get a beam / laser, which follows you from the powerup location. Every enemie which stands in this laser gets damage. For it's damage output: See Explanation.

Without a doubt the strongest single dmg powerup, since it's broken and can't be fixed that easily programming-wise and because NMR's aren't getting love from the DEVs it won't be fixed in years :-).
    The advantage of this powerup is, that it double ticks per second, when you move forward/backwards, small left/right all the time. The game-engine thinks, that you move out of the enemies hitbox for a second and then move back in, which causes the powerup to double tick. Like other powerups it does damage every second, if you just stand still meanwhile. Or like you should do it: 2 times per second with 5%-6% damage per tick. On a sidenote, it is the hardest to use, since sometimes the laser is invisible for you, the mobs push you around, or somebody pushes the mobs out of it on accident, or bosses blink around.

Green / Demon Power
    This Powerup spawns a demon, which support you for 1minute 30 seconds.

That one is a tough one, since it's dmg is quite RNG based.
    For example:
    Once you activate it, it starts with his channeling beam, which does insane damage with every Beam tick. (can't measure in seconds, it's way faster). It does it on a random enemy. so you want them to be gathered up already, before you activate it.
    After that he does some autoattacks (1 second per autoattack, cleave in front - 4%-6% damage). About 8 seconds later he starts laughing at does a dot attack to all mobs in front, which does way more damage than the beam in about 2 seconds (easily 15-18% of the mobs in front of him).
    Since it's long duration (2-3 phases) and insane amount of damage it's your regeneration powerup. You want to use it, when you want to get rid of weaker powerups. The problem is, that you can't really rely on it's damage output, based on intern timers and luck. (You can only have the mobs gathered before you activate it, when the next enemy wave spawns you can get unlucky and he does his strong abilitys on one enemy only, since you can't gather them fast enough to one place. Plus sometimes he gets activated really late, if he doesn't start attacking automatically.)
    I recommend using it at 3-4 Mob stages late on the rift, since you have 55 seconds to defeat them. (44 seconds if you want to get the bonus for the next power up ;-)), while you only have 40 seconds for 2 Mob stages.

Other Powerups
    Just get rid of them, when you can. No need to explain them, since they are all bad later on.
    Just use them when you can.

For example: 5 or more mob stages should be always killable - with bonus time - without any use of powerup. Just use them on those stages.
    If you have two bad powerups at a time, you can combine 2 bads to get rid of them.

5 Mob stage --> Don't use a powerup till the last mob is about to die.
    Use a bad powerup --> kill the mob
    You get a new powerup --> still have the bad one for the next stage.
    Combine this bad one you have with another bad one if you are sure, you'll be able to finish that mob stage within bonus time just with the two of them.

--> Congrats you just got rid of two bad powerups and got two new ones, which hopefully are better.

Also that's just a few tricks. You can also manipulate the timing, when the next powerup generator is about to spawn, aswell as increase the time with bonuses to get a powerup and so on and so on.
    But we don't want to be elitist right? ;-)
    Retired for a better cause :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3