+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nightmare Rifts - An indepth Guide to reach stage 300

OMG.. serious dude.start reading.. i am neither on NA shards nor did i imply in my guide that the whole raid should contain only sc/doms...

sry but if i say anything else i would get more and more insulting...

pls think twice before even posting anything further..maybe ask some of your guilds how to use a forum i dont know *sigh*
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-24-2014 at 02:08 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

RIFT Guide Writer

So ignoring that one guy spewing crap, some suggested specs that I've seen work well:

Tank: Warrior cause VK pulls
    Healer: Chloro + Lib + Phys/tact, starting with only chloro and adding more as needed.
    Support: SC/Chon, Oracle, 48 BM. SC/Chon with its massive cleave and oracle for shields vs % mechanics. BM spams purges and provides Enrage and defensive CDs when **** hits the fan. Can be swapped to during later stages when needed.

DPS specs:
    Mages: SC/Lock. Lots of cleave. Lots of ST. better mobility than Pyro and doesn't rely on minute long CDs so it's always ready for a fight. Only real issue is early on bosses for obliterate cause it takes about 6s to ramp up.

Rogues: NB. Ridiculous burst and ideal Chaos candidate. Living Flame burst is ridiculous.

Warriors: Tempest is a big no-brainer. Reaver is supposedly good for some of the warriors due to cleave, though. Haven't had much experience with warriors in NMRs, tbh.

Clerics: That inquisitor. Also 1 cab for spam AE and AE vacuum.

Anyways, just my thoughts on comp. Ideal, IMO would be:

VK
    Chloro + Lib + phys/tact
    Oracle + SC/Chon + 48 Bm
    Cabalist
    NB/Sin
    3 SC/Locks (Nice mix of AE + ST without CD reliance)
    2 Tempests (Double Focus Fire for 100% up time)
    3 NBs (Rotating Living Flame use between stages, assuming each stage is about 20s)
    3 Inquisitors (More purges to help the BM and lots of strong ST and AE)

But again, just my ideas.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

I really like your ideas and appreciate your feedback. Maybe i can add that up somehow.

However i got a question.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Rogues: NB. Ridiculous burst and ideal Chaos candidate. Living Flame burst is ridiculous.
    Until now i was certain that every power like Crystal, Chaos and Unity have an internal GCD of 1 sec. why do you think its a good candidate? because he will automatically pull aggro to group the monsters up or do i miss something here?
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Default Might be a noob question

How does a dominator pull high single target numbers? Is it some exploit thing or? I thought it was aoe and control build?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brooo View Post
    Btw what the best result on US shards on NM V yet?
    I run a PUG group in NA and currently the highest is 126 with my PuG.
    Last edited by Pheromones; 11-25-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooo View Post
    Only trolling is you here.With a such trololo advices in this silly guide.Wanna see how you will pass 100+ phase on NM V with raid of domi's and Sc's and 1 raid healer.Make a vid pls.I know u can do it easy because you have lots vid's of pvp where you killing random pugs on WF with premade like a pigeon crusher king.But this guide is a thing of another category.

The only thing i can't understand is how a person like you who not even reached 100 phase on NM V can post such trololo guides like this.

Btw what the best result on US shards on NM V yet?
    sorry to break your bubble Brobert, but we reached 121 with 1 chloro and 1 bard. Vk tank, harbarch. We didnt use domis, few stormcallers/pyros. Purging was sorted between inqs (oracle with purge is a plus). There are some good points in this guide, but you dont need very specific composition. Its just matter of gettimng good wave setups. After 108 dps checks are becoming quite tight.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Its just matter of gettimng good wave setups. After 108 dps checks are becoming quite tight.
    And this is pretty much sums up NMR V. Lots of RNG with waves and orbs. I mean when you're getting 6-8 waves of 35sec double mobs with 23-24kk hp each eventually you'll ran out of orbs and not much you can do. Some bosses mechanics heavily overtuned on later stages. That werewolf guy with hateful charge oneshoting players or laser chains thing ticking 20k per sec on 10-15 players seems a bit too much.

Btw Grey Guard highest stage is 118. Don't think anyone get to 138 on EU yet.

Soulwalker

NA is now at Stage 150 as of 27/11/14 - Ophious' / Crayon's Nightmare Rift Pug Run
    Ophious@Greybriar [Crayons]

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    unity's passive can be used as a healer when you have 15 seconds left on the stage and the active ability can be used on the next stage.
    An Arbiter can spam Soothing Waters every global (1 sec) which proc the unity.

I haven't really checked how the unity proc for healers, but I don't think a chloro could make it proc every 1 second unless it proc from veils(?)
    Last edited by Snap; 11-30-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

RIFT Guide Writer

Until now i was certain that every power like Crystal, Chaos and Unity have an internal GCD of 1 sec. why do you think its a good candidate? because he will automatically pull aggro to group the monsters up or do i miss something here?
    Forgot to check in. So reasons for all the stuff and new comp since I got more info from runnning a few NMR5s at 100+.

Ideal comp:

VK/Warlord
    Chloro + Lib + phys/tact
    Oracle + Harbichon + 48 BM
    Cabalist
    NB/Sin
    3 SC/Locks (Nice mix of AE + ST without CD reliance)
    2 Tempests (Double Focus Fire for 100% up time)
    3 NBs (Rotating Living Flame use between stages, assuming each stage is about 20s)
    3 Inquisitors (More purges to help the BM and lots of strong ST and AE)

BM is an optional slot the warriors slip into as needed, otherwise tempest.

Why is Chaos so good on NBs? Because they can attack a ridiculous numbers of times a second, triggering a BS amount of chaos passive procs.

Unity best on Phys or Lib cause they can zerg heal spam with 1s GCD to make best use of unity.

Beam, I'd suggest handing it off to the tempests. They're the best at stutter stepping to trigger beam procs over and over sine, afaik, they only proc damage when the user is moving.

Rest is just sort of whoever can pick it up, though a tank grabbing crystals and surge for passive is nice to help out on certain phases.

Rest of comp pretty self-explanatory with purge spams, many pulls, all the buffs, and so on.

Shadowlander

Default Riftblade?

I am curious why Riftblade is not a good option. It seems like it would have the same benefits as Bladedancer?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by dannyant View Post
    I am curious why Riftblade is not a good option. It seems like it would have the same benefits as Bladedancer?
    Crit chance amp on tempest superior, though RB with a chaos can get stupid-good results.
    Last edited by evantide; 11-30-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    An Arbiter can spam Soothing Waters every global (1 sec) which proc the unity.

I haven't really checked how the unity proc for healers, but I don't think a chloro could make it proc every 1 second unless it proc from veils(?)
    you are totally right and i did that as a mage tank..but since you can proc it more than once 1 second,the best spec would be a healer with a 1 sec GCD and with an oGCD-heal

chloro can only heal with withering vine and nature healing afaik and thats quite a waste.. :/
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-30-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

you are totally right and i did that as a mage tank..but since you can proc it more than once 1 second,the best spec would be a healer with a 1 sec GCD and with an oGCD-heal

chloro can only heal with withering vine and nature healing afaik and thats quite a waste.. :/
    It only take 2 points in chloro for withering vines.

Withering Vines + Soothing waters spam. That's 2 proc per second.
    Now I need to try that. :P
    Last edited by Snap; 11-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    It only take 2 points in chloro for withering vines.

Withering Vines + Soothing waters spam. That's 2 proc per second.
    Now I need to try that. :P
    Wouldn't it be 4 per 3s? AFAIK, Withering is still on the 1.5s GCD. From what I understand, Phys/tact is best because they can use their cores to generate more procs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast