+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Boss Damage - SL T2

Default Raid Boss Damage - SL T2

For Storm Legion tier 1 raids: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ss-damage.html

In an effort to find the optimal tanking setup for various fights, this is a list of raid boss fights and a breakdown of the tank and raid damage that occurs in each. I've added 1-2 recommended stats for the tank or raid to focus on for mitigating each fight, of course Endurance is always helpful to survive burst damage.

A few abilities such as add attacks or mechanics that do less than 100 damage have been left out so as not to confuse the lists. For the most part the Raid Damage also applies to the tanks, if it is significant tank damage as well it will be included in both lists. Some abilities may be missing due to me not being able to get a parse including them yet.

For brevity I will list the attributes of each ability as the following:
    block - Damage is blockable (block, deflect)
    avoid - Damage is avoidable (parry, dodge)
    mechanic - Damage can be avoided via mechanics

Grim Awakening

Magma Lord Kaliban
    Tank Recommended: Fire Resist
    Raid Recommended: Fire Resist

Notes: Unavoidable fire damage on both the tank and raid, as well as a debuff to fire resistance for anyone who gets hit by Soul Shatter.

Tank Damage
    Autoattack - physical, block, avoid
    Powerful Blow - fire
    Crushing Silence - physical, mechanic (boss aoe)
    Deadly Barrage - fire

Raid Damage
    Deadly Barrage - fire
    Crushing Silence - physical, mechanic (boss aoe)
    Sanguine Incantation - fire, mechanic (interrupt)
    Quicksilver Trap - fire, mechanic (traps)
    Soul Shatter - fire, mechanic (raid los)
    Trample - fire, mechanic (boss los)
    Hellfire Heat (Boulder) - fire, mechanic (aoe)
    Autoattack (Demonic Mote) - physical, block, avoid, mechanic (encounter border)

Kyzan
    Tank Recommended: Air Resist
    Raid Recommended: Air Resist

Notes: No physical damage, unavoidable air damage on the tank and raid, beacon targets tank and prevents healing.

Tank Damage
    Rending Slice - air, block, avoid
    Delayed Annihilation - air (spread aoes)
    Necrotic Expansion - death, mechanic (expanding aoe + torrent directed at target)
    Bone Harvest - death, mechanic (cleanse)
    Soul Leech (Beacon of Bloodsucking) - death

Raid Damage
    Phase Rip - air, mechanic (ghost lanes)
    Delayed Annihilation - air (spread aoes)
    Necrotic Expansion - death, mechanic (expanding aoe + torrent directed at target)
    Bone Harvest - death, mechanic (cleanse)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-16-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Added Kyzan.

Why exactly are you spending time on this? I mean its nice to see what dmg type actually happens but its not changing anything. Stacking resists for the loss of stats is a huge downgrade. And the healers don't care if you get firedmg or airdmg. And tanks don't care that much either. Rogues one spec, clerics one spec and warriors go for vk or pala.

PS: if they can read here, they can read a guide as well which provides all necessary informations (when its needed even what tank is preferred).
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

Quote Originally Posted by Hotandcold View Post
    Why exactly are you spending time on this? I mean its nice to see what dmg type actually happens but its not changing anything. Stacking resists for the loss of stats is a huge downgrade. And the healers don't care if you get firedmg or airdmg. And tanks don't care that much either. Rogues one spec, clerics one spec and warriors go for vk or pala.

PS: if they can read here, they can read a guide as well which provides all necessary informations (when its needed even what tank is preferred).
    I started it before SL when resist type mattered. As of now I mostly do it to determine whether physical or non-physical mitigation is needed (important for warrior tanking). As for what other people use it for it's up to them.

Rift Disciple

thx for the info and keep up the good work and yes it might not matter for a Cleric or Rogue "noob" tank but it sure as hell do matter for a Warrior tank!

Plane Touched

Stacking resist is actually huge. It is just expensive (time wise), and content is far too easy for it to matter.

+ Reply to Thread