+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Raid Buff/Debuff Stacking

It's actually quite up-to date still on most things. I guess I could make a new thread for the new stuff and keep it updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    damage done debuff (Power Leech), armour/resists debuff (Decaying Defenses).

AP/SP Buff 2 actually stacks like (for all intents and purposes)
    Power Leech has an overwhelmingly vague tooltip since the damage reduction only applies to the Warrior applying it and Decaying Defenses doesn't work at all. The way AP/SP Buff 2 is setup should still be correct. Motif of Bravery and Inspiration of Battle will overwrite each other (no priority between them), and either of them will overwrite Granite Salvo.

Regardless, I'll try and get a new one of these going to get all the old stuff out and the new stuff in. Primalist will be bringing some new things to the list as well.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-20-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    The way AP/SP Buff 2 is setup should still be correct. Motif of Bravery and Inspiration of Battle will overwrite each other (no priority between them), and either of them will overwrite Granite Salvo.
    Unless it's changed in the last month: Granite Salvo overwrites Motif of Bravery. but I never did test Motif vs Inspiration. Assumed it was Inspiration > Salvo > Motif, off of testing what happened to salvo with the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Unless it's changed in the last month: Granite Salvo overwrites Motif of Bravery. but I never did test Motif vs Inspiration. Assumed it was Inspiration > Salvo > Motif, off of testing what happened to salvo with the other two.
    That'd be very strange since Bravery and Battle are the same thing and Salvo is so much weaker. Guess I'll test later if someone else doesn't first.

Ascendant

Salvo shouldn't overwrite Bravery unless your bravery is lower rank like lower character level.

Salvo USED to overwrite but that was years ago. And since bards needed all motifs up to proc resonance it created issues... long time ago. Mad bards and mad raid leaders and stuff...

Trion purposely made Bravery better (by adding crit to bravery) which prevented salvo from overwriting.

Phs

OK. I have tested it again. and Salvo still overwrites Bravery.

Get a lvl 65 61 point Bard and a lvl 65 61 point Archon.

test 1: no prior buffs
    cast motif, motif buff up
    cast salvo, motif buff gone, salvo up
    cast motif, no motif, salvo still up

test 2: all self buffs, full unloads, all motifs, all chon
    Granite Salvo overwrites Motif of Bravery.
    Motif cannot be reapplied.

I had this discussion a month ago with Killings/Paschi.

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Are you sure? Because ive had that argument at least 4-5 times and im quite certain i tested it with a bard multiple times and it stacked perfectly fine.

Ok just tested it myself and youre right. Looks like my memory is worse than i thought ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    I didnt test Oracle but for Bard its exactly as you sid.

This needs to be fixed! Oh Vladdie-poo!

Alright, started a new thread that I'll keep updated. If anything whatsoever is wrong/missing, please let me know and post it in the thread. When Primalist gets closer to release I'll add their new buffs/debuffs to the list.

As a quick heads up, I talked to Vladd about the troublesome stacking of Inspiration of Battle, Motif of Bravery and Granite Salvo so hopefully that gets fixed soon. I'll leave it as-is for now unless that change doesn't happen by 3.4.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 09-21-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Ascendant

Alright, started a new thread that I'll keep updated. If anything whatsoever is wrong/missing, please let me know and post it in the thread. When Primalist gets closer to release I'll add their new buffs/debuffs to the list.

As a quick heads up, I talked to Vladd about the troublesome stacking of Inspiration of Battle, Motif of Bravery and Granite Salvo so hopefully that gets fixed soon. I'll leave it as-is for now unless that change doesn't happen by 3.4.
    So we've all been raiding while missing a crit raid buff... OMG!!! no wonder we can't kill Zilas and finally get away from the curse of 5/11 HK parking lot.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5001547

About time if he does look into it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5