+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hammerknell Murdantix Guide

Default Hammerknell Murdantix Guide

Murdantix is a very straight forward boss encounter that is simply meant to check your gear.

Murdantix has a 10 minute enrage timer. Because of this and the fact that he has 9.4 MILLION health, this is primarily a DPS race. In this fight mele dps is best because of the lack of mechanics that affect those in mele range. Ranged on the other hand MUST be spread out due to a mechanic called Demonic Blast. It works much like the ability called Spines of Earth that Anrak the Foul has in Gilded Prophecy. Standing to close to other ranged will result in a lot of damage dealt to you and those near you.

Murdantix will also cleave. This cleave puts a stacking de-buff on the tanks. The de-buff takes away a flat amount of armor as well as TOUGHNESS! You will need to tank swap roughly every 4 stacks. If you are the tank not tanking Murdantix at the time, do not stand in front of him as the cleave is the only way that the de-buff is applied to you.

Murdantix also has a stacking buff called Strength of Souls. He gains a stack every time ANYTHING dies in the fight. How nice of Trion to make sure extremely weak Rune Guard Soldiers try to be heroic. Constantly throughout the fight, Soldiers will enter the arena and will "assist" you and defeating Murdantix. To bad that once Murdantix does any sort of aoe ability, they fall over dead, adding a stack to his buff. There is no way to stop them from doing this however we found a constant kiting in a large circle will sometimes cause his aoe to NOT kill all of the soldiers. Also, at 25% health, he will summon imps. These imps are hostile and will attack you, but have hardly any health. They must die asap.

Murdantix will gain new abilities throughout the fight

At the start of the fight he does nearly nothing besides his base cleave, knock back, and having the little Rune Guard solders run to him.

At 75% he gains Demonic Blast. This is the ability that ranged dps MUST SPREAD OUT. Just stay a good ways away from all other ranged at all times. Murdantix will also begin dropping aoe circles on the ground. These are mostly to annoy the mele. Just do not stand in them.

At 50% he gains an ability called Soul Trauma. It is a cast ability that MUST be interrupted. Everyone in mele range who has an interrupt should try and interrupt it when they see it. It has a fairly fast cast time and thus mele must be ready for it. It goes off roughly every 10 seconds.

At 25% he will begin to summon the imps that i talked about earlier. Just have ranged quickly kill these. They only have around 1k health.

How our guild does this fight is we have the ranged stay spread out in the middle and we have the tanks kite Murdantix in a large oval shape around the room (oval going east to west). The reason we constantly kite him is
    1) the aoe on the ground
    2) the fact that some times the adds will not die if you are kiting him constantly
    We run with minimum heals to maximize the DPS. We use 2 tanks (warrior and...dare i say it...a cleric). They tank swap initially at 4 stacks of the de-buff and then as soon as the stacks of said de-buff fall off. We maximize the amount of Mele dps due to mele dps not being gimped in this fight.

Also, our guild is not one of those who had Greenscale down in the first week. We have had GSB and ROS on farm for a while now and do not all have relics or all have full T1 Raid gear. On our first kill we hit the enrage timer right as we killed him. Video shown below:

This fight will challenge guilds in similar situations.

Hopefully you found this guide helpful. A full video guide will be posted here when it is completed. Feel free to check out my YouTube channel for more Hammerknell content.w
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Why are you posting this? Let other people figure it out for themselves but you attract attention to yourself as a "good player" by openly making available information that would allow guilds that don't deserve to down murdantix, down him.

Let others figure out the fight before you start giving out cheat codes

well for one, this is a super easy boss. Our guild watched a live stream of this fight and could pull out most mechanics out for this boss just by watching. There are kill videos out and people can see how the fight looks.

Also, the hard core guilds that want to progress through content cleared this yesterday. We were by no means the first guild to kill this so its not like the world first guild coming out and saying "ok guys, stop your endless wiping, here is the way you do it." guides will be coming out today and the next few days for bosses in HK. If not by me, than someone else. By reading a guide or watching a video does not mean you can 1 shot a boss. We knew his mechanics going into it and it took us just under 2 hours to down him.

Soulwalker

Good guide! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Just to add ... at 75% life you also have Void Zones appearing.

These are ground splats that do damage while you stand in them. You fill find this encounter easier if your ranged players make sure they stay off of the kite path (we use the circle).

Also don't use a Rogue to tank this. The armor/toughness debuff absolutely wrecks a Rogue.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 07-28-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Also don't use a Rogue to tank this. The armor/toughness debuff absolutely wrecks a Rogue.
    Ya we had the same issue. Hell, i even tried to tank it and im a warrior. Got crit for 15k!! So we went to the warrior/cleric set up...which made the cleric very happy as we never let him out of the cage

Prophet of Telara

It's weird, I've been reading about how hard rogues got hit, but our MT is a rogue, and we didn't have problems with tanks dying really... I wasn't watching much though since I'm just a nubby little DPSer now and don't have to care ;)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingskull View Post
    Ya we had the same issue. Hell, i even tried to tank it and im a warrior. Got crit for 15k!! So we went to the warrior/cleric set up...which made the cleric very happy as we never let him out of the cage
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    It's weird, I've been reading about how hard rogues got hit, but our MT is a rogue, and we didn't have problems with tanks dying really... I wasn't watching much though since I'm just a nubby little DPSer now and don't have to care ;)
    Our setup last night was a Warrior/Rogue combo. We completed it but after parsing the damage taken, the Rogue took three times the amount of damage.

Oh and you want to be over cap for Toughness by as much as possible (just to make the fight smoother).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 07-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Why are you posting this? Let other people figure it out for themselves but you attract attention to yourself as a "good player" by openly making available information that would allow guilds that don't deserve to down murdantix, down him.

Let others figure out the fight before you start giving out cheat codes
    You're pretty far off your mark there buddy. A "Guide" is a tool just like any other.

You can choose to use it, or ignore it, but you just look silly getting upset at it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Default Hammerknell Guide Video

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Our setup last night was a Warrior/Rogue combo. We completed it but after parsing the damage taken, the Rogue took three times the amount of damage.

Oh and you want to be over cap for Toughness by as much as possible (just to make the fight smoother).
    being over toughness cap definately makes it smoother, but as a 51vk warrior, i was perfectly fine with only 200 toughness

odds are our rogue wont be tanking merdantix again. Looking over the meters from the fight, with less time tanking, he took 3x the damage of our warrior. We have a second warrior nearly as geared as our mt, there is no reason to use a rogue on this fight if you dont have to imo.

You may want to leave a space for Vladmal Prime. He's a miniboss after Zilas that is argueably harder than Murdantix and Zilas.
    Death Master Eddydean the Awesome - <Nightfall> Defiant-Byriel

My guild did the same with me...thx for giving us a boss to tank xD
    EU-Brutwacht - Guardian - Cleric - Delirium - Baluin
    Greenscale's Blight: 5/5 | River of Souls: 5/5 | Hammerknell Fortress: 11/11
    Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | The Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Rise Of The Phoenix: 4/4
    Infernal Dawn: 2/8

At 25% he will begin to summon the imps that i talked about earlier. Just have ranged quickly kill these. They only have around 1k health.
    This is one point I'd like to argue. Killing these is just like Murdantix killing the squishy little dwarves in the beginning: he gains a stack of his DPS-boosting buff. It's a fairly weak buff, but just the same, try not to kill them. They don't hurt that much.

I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast