+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do I NEED a Dimension...

Shadowlander

Default Do I NEED a Dimension...

I keep hearing about minions and crafting gear once I hit 65 (am new to Live so not a prob yet unless I boost one), but is it something I need for endgame content/gearing as it's really not my thing...

thanks

Rift Master

You do not need a dimension. Dimensions are purely fluff. No part of your actual character progression will be affected if you choose never to collect a single dimension key.

Same with minions -- you don't even need to level Wicket for the Eternal Weapon quest anymore, if you really want to ignore minions you can, though I suggest not doing so as they can be a good source of plat.

Crafted gear is a different story; at 70 there is some crafted gear that is BIS. You can buy this though, you don't have to craft it yourself.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    You do not need a dimension. Dimensions are purely fluff. No part of your actual character progression will be affected if you choose never to collect a single dimension key.

Same with minions -- you don't even need to level Wicket for the Eternal Weapon quest anymore, if you really want to ignore minions you can, though I suggest not doing so as they can be a good source of plat.

Crafted gear is a different story; at 70 there is some crafted gear that is BIS. You can buy this though, you don't have to craft it yourself.
    Thanks for this - am nowhere near 70 so I guess minions are irrelevant as yet - will be crafting. I think Dimensions remind many of us of Warlords of Draenor.....time for a lie down!!

Plane Touched

Minions are usable from day one, but will be less profitable since they bring mats for your level and old mats aren't worth much. Their real value is in artifacts. I recommend Minion Sender addon

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    I think Dimensions remind many of us of Warlords of Draenor.....time for a lie down!!
    Never!!! You might can compare our dimensions with Minecraft, because you can built in both games what you want and where. Nevertheless, the dimensions in Rift are unique in their own way.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Champion

You can put a mail box, all your crafting stations and a bank in your dimension. If you need any of these things you can port there from anywhere, do what you need to do then leave the dim and be right back where you were. This a a huge time saver.

This assumes your guild doesn't already provide this.

As far as crafted gear goes you will need a crafted hat and ranged at level 70. These are, and will remain, BiS when upgraded.
    Last edited by Cladari; 05-27-2018 at 09:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread