Default How to take, post, remove and edit screenshots/pictures for forums

HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS IN RIFT

If you run Rift in steam > Click F12
    If you run Rift > Click Print Screen

You can clear your UI for better screenshots:
    > Click Control + U - select it again to bring back your UI
    > Click Control + P - to automatically take a screenshot without UI

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

Whether posting your own thread/replying you are able add screenshots/pictures when you:
    • Click Reply to New/Thread
    • Below this there is another box that says Additional Options.
    • Within this box there is a button that says Manage Attachments.
    • Click Manage Attachments - that will open another window.

At the upper right of the Manage Attachments window you will see a:
    • Green + that says Add Files > Click
    • You will see a drop down with a button to Select Files > Click
    • Continue to select the screenshots/pictures you wish to upload
    • Holding down CTRL (Control) you may select more than 1 at a time
    Once you have selected your screenshots:
    > Click Open - this should put them in your little drop down box.
    > Click Upload Files and it will upload them here.

When uploaded is complete:
    Screenshots/pictures are check marked to appear in your post.
    You may uncheck them or check additional ones you have previously uploaded if required

Before posting preview your post to see how it looks and edit as required.

ADVANCED GUIDE TO MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

When Editing a Post:
    > Click Go Advanced to bring up Manage Attachments

Rift forums only allows you to keep so many screenshots.

If you find you cannot upload anymore you may be at capacity and are able to remove old screenshots/pictures in threads that are no longer active by looking at the top right of your forums page:
    • > Click Settings next to Log Out
    • On the left you will now see all your options in Settings
    • Scroll down to Miscellaneous
    • > Click Attachments
    • Now you will see all your screenshots/pictures currently on Rift forums.
    • Go through them, select the thread or picture directly to remember what it is/select Thumbnails bottom right
    • Check which ones you wish to delete in the box provided
    • Bottom right you will see Delete Selected

WARNING: By selecting Delete Selected you are removing your screenshots/pictures permanently from forums please select carefully.

EDITING SCREENSHOTS/PICTURES FOR FORUMS

Rift forums has default settings for picture sizes so they work within the frames this forum is designed in. The best way to learn how you want your screenshots/pictures to appear is to post frequently and experiment! You can also edit your own screenshots before putting them on forums.

There are many different Image Editors to choose from including these 9 Best Free Image Editors @Mashable (clicking on this link will take you to another site.) Please research and use your own discretion to find what will suit you.

Do you use any great Image Editing sites/programs/software/apps?

Please let us know below and have fun!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-23-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Default Screenshot Guide

Thank you for taking the time to create this great guide, Kiwi. I appreciate it!

I'll try to follow your advice for posting often and experimenting. Through a little trial and error I'll get this forum stuff figured out!
    Rezi < Ascended Architects > Wolfsbane

RIFT Fan Site Operator

No problem! If you find you can't do this, this week in time for June 1st please feel free to email me your screenshots with your IGN & Shard + any details and I will post for you. I will PM you my email.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Hey Kiwi, how do you take the screenshot of your character selection page? I have tried just hitting the screenshot button and it does not show up in my screenshot folder, I have also tried to paste the screenshot into MSPaint, just comes back as a black picture. Any useful guide on how to do that?

Thanks, Az
    Azrough@Laethys
    Current Open Dimensions: Az's Garden, Village of the Dead, Japanese Cultural Festival, The Pseodosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Azrough View Post
    Hey Kiwi, how do you take the screenshot of your character selection page? I have tried just hitting the screenshot button and it does not show up in my screenshot folder, I have also tried to paste the screenshot into MSPaint, just comes back as a black picture. Any useful guide on how to do that?

Thanks, Az
    I am sure there are other ways, but I personally use a program called Fraps for that. I also use it for creating in-game 1080p videos. It also shows you the frame rate while in game and/or when the program is being used. I originally got it for making videos for self-help computer instructions. Now I use it more for gaming. Awesome program and so easy to use.

Man, did I just sound like a commercial or a marketing agent?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi Az!

I use photoshop which allows me to use the normal print screen function to take a pic of whatever is on my monitor (in this case would be character screen) then I go to photoshop open new page, create file and paste - you might want to try one of the sites I linked above or Azteck's suggestion if you don't have photoshop though I have used none of them for taking screenshots or pics.

Thanks guys, but i was able to find a much easier way, you need to go into video settings change your game from fullscreen (if you have it on fullscreen that is, will work otherwise) to fullscreen windowed, or windowed. then hit your screen button, and open paint, paste it in, and its there!!! This is of course if someone doesn't want to download extra things, or if they dont have anything else installed onto their computer, XD (had a hard drive mess up so have been very careful in down loading anything)
    Last edited by Azrough; 07-02-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    Azrough@Laethys
    Current Open Dimensions: Az's Garden, Village of the Dead, Japanese Cultural Festival, The Pseodosphere

+ Reply to Thread