HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS IN RIFT
If you run Rift in steam > Click F12
If you run Rift > Click Print Screen
You can clear your UI for better screenshots:
> Click Control + U - select it again to bring back your UI
> Click Control + P - to automatically take a screenshot without UI
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Whether posting your own thread/replying you are able add screenshots/pictures when you:
- Click Reply to New/Thread
- Below this there is another box that says Additional Options.
- Within this box there is a button that says Manage Attachments.
- Click Manage Attachments - that will open another window.
At the upper right of the Manage Attachments window you will see a:
Once you have selected your screenshots:
- Green + that says Add Files > Click
- You will see a drop down with a button to Select Files > Click
- Continue to select the screenshots/pictures you wish to upload
- Holding down CTRL (Control) you may select more than 1 at a time
> Click Open - this should put them in your little drop down box.
> Click Upload Files and it will upload them here.
When uploaded is complete:
Screenshots/pictures are check marked to appear in your post.
You may uncheck them or check additional ones you have previously uploaded if required
Before posting preview your post to see how it looks and edit as required.
ADVANCED GUIDE TO MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
When Editing a Post:
> Click Go Advanced to bring up Manage Attachments
Rift forums only allows you to keep so many screenshots.
If you find you cannot upload anymore you may be at capacity and are able to remove old screenshots/pictures in threads that are no longer active by looking at the top right of your forums page:
- > Click Settings next to Log Out
- On the left you will now see all your options in Settings
- Scroll down to Miscellaneous
- > Click Attachments
- Now you will see all your screenshots/pictures currently on Rift forums.
- Go through them, select the thread or picture directly to remember what it is/select Thumbnails bottom right
- Check which ones you wish to delete in the box provided
- Bottom right you will see Delete Selected
WARNING: By selecting Delete Selected you are removing your screenshots/pictures permanently from forums please select carefully.
EDITING SCREENSHOTS/PICTURES FOR FORUMS
Rift forums has default settings for picture sizes so they work within the frames this forum is designed in. The best way to learn how you want your screenshots/pictures to appear is to post frequently and experiment! You can also edit your own screenshots before putting them on forums.
There are many different Image Editors to choose from including these 9 Best Free Image Editors @Mashable (clicking on this link will take you to another site.) Please research and use your own discretion to find what will suit you.
Do you use any great Image Editing sites/programs/software/apps?
Please let us know below and have fun!