+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xlavius
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Xlavius

Thread: Newbie question

Champion

Default Newbie question

So, I'm not a newbie to Rift, but a complete newbie to dimensioneering. I kept all the dimension items that I looted over the past years and dumped then in a dimension. The one on the island. Recently I decided that it was time to organize it a bit and it turned out quite nice. It turned out into a village built on the water surrounding the island.

But it's dead. There's almost nobody there. The only other soul there is a bartender and he's not a very good companion. I've been looking around other, very highly rated dimensions. They often are very beautiful creations. But just as dead as mine. If those creative souls were given the opportunity to place Npc's with the ability to make them interactive. Wow, then the possibilities would be limitless.

So, what other interactive items are the, besides the boring bartender? Any animals or other Npc? Where can they be looted from?

Dimensions have evolved since 2013 however NPC's have been something the community have wanted but unfortunately Dimensions were not in the original game plan so to allow all the things players would like in Dimensions means either changing the entire game or engine.

That being said. These are the NPC's that have been available in Dimensions for some time.
    We now have VFX items as well as Expert Items (That released the same time as more music boxes for more ambiance) including Elevators to add movement and PvP Dimensions all guides to these you will find in this section.

Dream Weaving also came in allowing you to craft this profession in your Dimensions.

As of last week we now also have Rhen of Fate Chronicle NPC's that actually move and a Bank Vault to access your personal bank so Dimensions keep evolving just not perhaps at the pace some would like but the community made creative awesomeness has never slowed down.

Champion

Thanks for your detailed response. It's very helpful!

Even though I encountered the issue of lacking interactivity, I still find dimensioneering strangely addictive! I think I'm going to make good use of that lonely atmosphere and try to create something la Forrest of Flesh.

Are all items that we encounter in Rift available as dimension items? Like those beautiful luminescent trees in the Forrest of Flesh on Dusken?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Thanks for your detailed response. It's very helpful!

Even though I encountered the issue of lacking interactivity, I still find dimensioneering strangely addictive! I think I'm going to make good use of that lonely atmosphere and try to create something la Forrest of Flesh.

Are all items that we encounter in Rift available as dimension items? Like those beautiful luminescent trees in the Forrest of Flesh on Dusken?
    Np glad it helped and no not everything is and perhaps won't be to keep us engaged in the game itself also and remain pleasantly surprised. It's funny you should mention it though I popped the tree you mentioned on a thread for the Devs to see what Dimensioneers would love to see from our game in Dimensions.

You can however get a Glow Leaf Tree on the store and via minions or Runecrafter can craft a Runerooted Juniper which has a stunning blue rune stone attached to it's roots.

Explore the store (though check the Auction House before buying) and also head over to Dimension Addicts for a great Database of all items.

EDIT: Your Forrest sounds a load of fun, enjoy building it and let us know on Dimension Forums or in Dimension chats in game when you're ready to show us all!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-13-2015 at 10:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread