+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Opzichter

Thread: From the Ground Up: Dimension Building Videos

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default From the Ground Up: Dimension Building Videos

The videos linked below are a 10 part video building series taking an Endless Eclipse dimension on Zaviel EU from this:

From the Ground Up:  Dimension Building Videos-2015-01-24_210749.jpg

To this:

From the Ground Up:  Dimension Building Videos-2015-01-12_182227.jpg
    I worked off the assumption all viewers would have basic knowledge of dimension UI functions, as well as basic (very basic) knowledge of the Toolbox addon.

Episode 1: Groundwork. Diva joins me to talk about the basic plan and changing the environment radically in 3 easy steps: Music Box, Sky Projector and PvP Banners to adjust entry points.

Episode 2: Laying boundaries, beginning the landscaping, building towers.

Episode 3: More landscaping, the effect of base dimensions on terrace ponds, using light to change effects.

Episode 4: Starting the structure. Using a Dimensional Distance Indicator for centering and alignment, curved facade.

Episode 5: Arches, arches, arches. Windows and doors, creating illusions to fool the item limit.

Episode 6: Beginning the interior of the castle. Entirely revamping all the landscaping.

Episode 7: Small item morphing on the inside, and reskinning interior walls to make them distinct from exterior walls.

Episode 8: More small item morphing, spinning to make square things round using Toolbox.

Episode 9: Finishing out the living areas, all small item morphing, a bit of exterior embellishments.

Episode 10: The conclusion. Finished small item morphs, checking for stray bits and floating objects.

All videos and past livestreams from our Saturday DTC Roadshows can all be found on the DTC YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCES...evw18f4uad5rPw.

On the Dimension Touring Co. blog site, DimensionDiva and I also have a full page dedicated to various building tricks: Tips 'n Tricks, talking about everything from weather blockers to draw distance and much more.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Very educational video series, which show a neat way to build your own structure with no premade buildings. It's useful if you still think working with the basic building blocks is too frightening, and it's also useful if you are already an experienced builder, because it contains tricks you might not have thought of!
    And the DTC Tips&Tricks pages are something that I often refer back to for advice, so much info there!

Nice 1 Feen!

Its always nice to see the science behind a build!

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opzichter View Post
    Nice 1 Feen!

Its always nice to see the science behind a build!
    Thanks! I checked out your vids as well, nicely done!

@ Seyler:

My current project is using Truro Cathedral in Cornwall as a model, but I'm not good enough to try to build it and explain it at the same time, lol.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Thanks! I checked out your vids as well, nicely done!

@ Seyler:

My current project is using Truro Cathedral in Cornwall as a model, but I'm not good enough to try to build it and explain it at the same time, lol.
    what i do is build it > save key parts > remove all and build it again while commenting. Then its not new anymore to you and you can almost make it without effort.

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread