• 3 Post By Opzichter
  • 4 Post By Opzichter
  • 3 Post By Opzichter
  • 1 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Opzichter
  • 1 Post By Aeryle
  • 1 Post By CKat

Thread: Morphing Nature in 10 Steps! (Beginner)

Exclamation Morphing Nature in 10 Steps! (Beginner)

Ok. Here we go!
    (you can follow progress on this dimension @ Typhiria under the name: Morphing Nature (forum guide) )

Upcomming 2 weeks i will take you on a Morphing tour for beginners. Im working on a mic so i can do commented videos in the next updates.

To start morphing, its in my opinion best to start with Nature. For the simple reason that it has no real boudaries or rules. unlike a door for example. a doorknob at the bottom of the door doesnt make any sense, if u get what i mean.

I always follow a certain path when creating a dimension:

1. The idea

So for this dimension im gonna make something thats been on my mind for quite a while. When i was wandering in Scarwood Reach I ended up inside/underneeth 1 of those treestomps fighting some wolfs. I tought to myself; what if there was a hollow tree big enough to live in?? that would be cool! So thats what were gonna build !

2. Pick the right dimension

For this step i always use dimensiongallery.com to see whats avalible. This time it was a no-brainer as there is a Scarwood Reach dimension called: Stone Grove. Its even showing the Stomps i just discribed from a distance.
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-20_225454.jpg

3. Decide what feeling u want to create for the visitor

This might not seem so important but its what will be the diffrence between an "ok" dimension and a "nice!" dimension. With all the effects and Time of Day items you can set the perfect mood. (i will make a Tutorial on this later)

in this case I want to give the visitor a harmonious feeling between fantasy and nature. Keep this in mind troughout the build.

4. Get the basic structure/layout of what your building done

This is where the Morphing starts already. I used a couple Hallow Granitewood Log's to make a Large Hollow tree stomp.
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-20_225631.jpg
    The nice thing about this Hallow Granitewood Log's is the fact that it scales to an immense size and small aswell, so u could cover up holes with small logs and create rooms when scaling them up. I setted up 3 of the largest scales upright in a triangle shape up against eachother. the logs got Holes in them u can pass through. We will be working with this lateron (balcony entrance for example)

Every person making this, will get an unique tree to live in as there are no rules on how to morph the trees together.

5. Covering up! (most challenging)

After the logs are roughly combined and you left an opening to enter the logs we will cover up the gaps on groundlevel first! Do not cover up too much as you may find use for the gaps that "happend" during combining.
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-20_225812.jpg
    This picture for example "happend" . I fit through the hole, its a small room... TOILET room done! something similar happend to another part and was a bit smaller and that will be the doghouse! Those ideas came along the way when putting the logs together!

I used some Spiral Morel and kinda hid them 1/2 inside the bark of the log to make it look like its fungus growing there. this also gives it a unique look.
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-20_225801.jpg

From this point on we will be morphing everything in and around the basic location we created!

Have fun setting up the basics and i will be posting the next step 22nd of Januari!

Opz.

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

Default Making a Planter!

Ok here we go

This is the first time i recorded a video!! so feel free to give some tips on how to improve that :P

I gotta fix my mic, sounds is a bit low.

This is a video about a simple morph to get the hang of it. I will put up some more challenging ones along the way!

Low quality GRRRRR! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceEm...ature=youtu.be

something went wrong uploading i will post HD version asap!

Have fun watching!

Opz
    Last edited by Opzichter; 01-22-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Need to upload HD!!

Default Spiral Staircase

Hiya!

I forgot to add SS of the Planter we did yesterday!
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-22_222744.jpg

Today i made a Spiral Staircase made of wood and metal!
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-23_234440.jpg
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-23_234416.jpg
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-23_234343.jpg
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-23_234403.jpg

As i am quite new to making videos i didnt know why my vid got so rough after uploading. But i did some research, and found out YouTube puts all the diffrent qualities out there 1 by 1, starting with the lowest quality. So if the 1080P option aint there yet, YouTube is still processing it! Ohh my, i still learn every day!

New video of the actual build!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplj...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Opz

Default Outdoor Hottub!

Hello again,

Today i made an Outdoor Hottub!
    Morphing Nature in 10 Steps!  (Beginner)-2015-01-25_180454.jpg
    I will be showing u a SS and a small vid on the result, i dont have time to rebuilt it for the video today so that will be something for tomorrow!

The only annoying thing is the item limit of the dimension, since im a fan of details...

Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOK...ature=youtu.be
    again; Youtube is slow with adding the high quality versions, usually takes an hour or 2 after uploading.

Hey I enjoyed your videos very much, love to see fresh ideas and get inspired! The staircase is really pretty. I'm waiting for your next video, as I can't really figure out what that circular part of the tub is made of, just by looking at it, and I'm curious

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It's great to get a different feel for how individuals approach dimensions, it's always fascinated me because every build is so significantly unique along with how it's built.

It is also interesting how cultures/environments influence shard wide idea's I see massive differences so seeing guides from EU in Dims just keeps adding to all the awesome.

Big thumbs up to the ornate wood uses & the hot tub as well as your obvious passion for Dimensions!

Sidenote: I wish you could actually see that there is a thread or post in the Guide sections of the forums from the main Dimension section to know people post!

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Sidenote: I wish you could actually see that there is a thread or post in the Guide sections of the forums from the main Dimension section to know people post!
    Ye i was wonderering if it was bugged already...

BTW some already know but i was quite sick last week, so sorry for the delay.
    Im feeling better already and im gonna try to work again tomorrow, if that will go alright then i will be posting new vids!

:cough: have a nice evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Opzichter View Post
    The only annoying thing is the item limit of the dimension, since im a fan of details...
    Amen to that.

I dont even know how I managed to get to 1700/2500 and hardly finish a half. And it was supposed to be a tiny house....

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Opzichter View Post
    Ye i was wonderering if it was bugged already...

BTW some already know but i was quite sick last week, so sorry for the delay.
    Im feeling better already and im gonna try to work again tomorrow, if that will go alright then i will be posting new vids!

:cough: have a nice evening!
    Hope you are feeling better!

Just an fyi we completed French Translation (Thank you Ariel!) and were mid German translation (Thank you Darkguardian!) when Kikimora unfortunately had circumstances that see's them unable to connect to game. If you feel compelled to do similar guides for Dimension Tools to the ones we have in German let me know and I'll link them on RDD to support you - please excuse my assumption if you are not German!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-09-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Hope you are feeling better!

Just an fyi we completed French Translation (Thank you Aeryle!) and were mid German translation (Thank you Darkguardian!) when Kikimora unfortunately had circumstances that see's them unable to connect to game. If you feel compelled to do similar guides for Dimension Tools to the ones we have in German let me know and I'll link them on RDD to support you - please excuse my assumption if you are not German!

Corrected
    (and still there)
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Corrected
    (and still there)
    Lol thanks mate <3

Please excuse my assumption if you are not German!
    I would sooner say Dutch judging by the accent but I may be mistaken

+ Reply to Thread