+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Opzichter
  • 3 Post By Morticus
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Opzichter

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Morphing Guide - Transforming Dimensions - Can YOU Rift Morph?

Default Morphing Guide - Transforming Dimensions - Can YOU Rift Morph?

• Morphing noun 1". ..the smooth transformation of one image into another by computer..."

Morphing is an aspect of Dimensions that separates Rift from every other building game available today on the MMO market and makes it the best if you value artistry over interactive. It is the cream, cherry and sprinkles on top that keeps a large percentage of the Dimension community hooked on building.

In a Rift nutshell morphing is taking items and merging them to create something similar or completely different but Dimensions are visual, words cannot describe what you can see more easily so let's get straight to the seeing part!

Morphing with Dragondancer

Choosing which picture or video to share was hard as I have had the honor to hang out with 3 master morphers but Dragon shares some invaluable knowledge if you want to morph tiny objects, still relevant today.
    • Morphing is also 90% of what Dimensions are completely so if you've moved items in a Dimension and collided items you're doing it!

Check out all the amazing Dimension fansites we have that have so many incredible builds and morphs on them and the answer to the question in the title? Yes, yes you can! Show us your morphs!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-27-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Default if we could only cut some items in half!

Morphing is easy but... the trick(y part) is to hide the excess materials. Its a big limitation. I would be huge fan of implementing more small objects with a basic shape.

Im gonna start a threat very soon on morphing aswell, working out some details and examples as we speak. Morphing is the most fun thing to do and is pushing your creativity to the limit.

Thnx for setting up this section Kiwi.

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

10chars
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Opzichter View Post
    Morphing is easy but... the trick(y part) is to hide the excess materials. Its a big limitation. I would be huge fan of implementing more small objects with a basic shape.

Im gonna start a threat very soon on morphing aswell, working out some details and examples as we speak. Morphing is the most fun thing to do and is pushing your creativity to the limit.

Thnx for setting up this section Kiwi.
    Look forward to seeing your thread! I hope landscapers, interior decorators, storage space magnets, mad scientists, people people and storytellers (etc) also get inspired to share guides on how to build their specialties making the most out of capacity.

And to answer someone who whispered me as I was logging out of game the other night, sorry I missed it was...

The way to become a good morpher is practice, taking items and doing the "flip, sink and scale" ritual (I call it) to get a good look at an individual items potential - how much of it you can use or need to hide, the different colors on the whole of the object and what you can make out of parts of the item as well as all of it. As Opzichter has touched on there are limitations but the beauty of these limitations in Dimensions is they can create unlimited ideas once you begin combining them with other items you have done the same thing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    the "flip, sink and scale" ritual (I call it)
    Hhahahaha this is hilarious, i got a nasty habit of turing EVERY item 180degrees to check out the bottom!! (no gf jokes plz )

Morphing is awesome!
    Last edited by Opzichter; 01-20-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread