+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standard Crafting PvP Gear

Soulwalker

Question Standard Crafting PvP Gear

I've been on Rift I have no clue how long to be exact. I'm looking to make a standard set of pvp gear from crafting

*Best way to harvest the material at novice quickly
    *What needs to be done to the gear I make?(Stats, etc)
    *What works well on your character?

Shadowlander

@ endgame what you can find as PVP gear is pretty weak, you will get slaughter by anyone that has gear beyond SPE's. Trion has ignored PVP in this Expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    @ endgame what you can find as PVP gear is pretty weak, you will get slaughter by anyone that has gear beyond SPE's. Trion has ignored PVP in this Expac.
    ?

This xpac PvP gear is (most often) BiS in PvP with the exception of some pieces such as cape where level 65 CoA capes are BiS with rune and dream orb. It seems however that getting fully PvP BiS gear still makes your character only about 40-60% or so of BiS. The rest youll need PvP fragments "war" to acquire.

I cant link URLs from my cell phone but just Google PvP BiS gear Rift and look at matches from 2017 and youll find a list of what piece is BiS in each slot. I Believe Musclpig@Deepwood did the original list.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Soulwalker

Default Questions

What is the new Pvp about? BiS?
    What are the percentages about ? Adding something about 40-60% or so on my character?
    Then what is CoA mean?

Been playing for a six months. Been around Amy my guild leader. Promo to her amazing generousss guild

Quote Originally Posted by Lycealon View Post
    What is the new Pvp about? BiS?
    What are the percentages about ? Adding something about 40-60% or so on my character?
    Then what is CoA mean?

Been playing for a six months. Been around Amy my guild leader. Promo to her amazing generousss guild
    Ok from your opening post and this one I think you have the impression that PVP gear can be crafted. This assumption is false. You can craft PVE starting gear which will then be bolstered up in warfronts to a minimum level which is below PVP gear. As an aside, it doesn't matter what PVE gear, if any, you choose to wear during PVP warfronts. It will ALL be bolstered either up or down to the same minimum values that are preset.

PVP gear can be acquired in 2 ways:
    1) Being on a winning team and getting a warfront cache as an award will sometimes give you a piece of PVP gear
    2) Saving up your favor, (warfront currency) that you get during warfronts and more when you win a match. when you save up 100,000 favor you can buy challenger's marks (PVP tokens) and use these to buy PVP gear from the rift store.

What the other poster said about 40 - 60%... they meant that getting all PVP gear from store or warfront chests is only 40-60% of the job of gearing up your character for PVP. You still need PVP crystals PVP seals, and PVP fragments. PVP fragments are the most important thing to get, (and also the hardest to get that have good stats) You can only get PVP fragments from winning a warfront and getting one in a warfront chest.

I have written this assuming that you are level 70 or leveling up from level 65, you didn't state this and looking at your questions I have to wonder. If your toon is not level 65 yet then you will not find low level warfronts to play in order to level your toon and get PVP gear. There are several reasons for this which you can read about in the PVP forums, but suffice to say there just aren't enough players playing low level warfronts.

COA refers to the raid "Comet of Ahnket" which was the last tier 3 raid of the last expansion. The bolstering system that I explained before is not working properly for all items and there are several items that break the system that I explained before. One of these items is the cape that you can get from completing this raid as a loot drop.

Hope this info helped you,

Thunder

Soulwalker

Assuming I'm not, yet, a lvl 65. I'm stick having a hard time with the abbreviations as in BiS. Nonsense

My real question is to obtain high main and end stats fairly quickly by crafting a set gear using dream orbs/runes. You indicate they do not have low level PvP spec battles (use to back when I was favoring 3k) As of now I been farming Intrep I As since I came back over a year.
    My main worry is when I'm a lvl 70. I'm looking forward into outfitting a set to my standards of PvE stats excluding the dream orbs/runes/essances/fragments
    -What advice would you have for that subject in particular?

Next,
    What does fragments and essences do to your armor such as a thing; I have been seeing Plantar attument when crafting?

Then using those two subjects to craft a viable PvE gear set according to my stays.

Lastly, I heard rifts gave out good gear. Would you care to tell me where I can get to an fairly lvl 45 mob rift to acquire gear?(recommended blue or fair quality)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycealon View Post
    Assuming I'm not, yet, a lvl 65. I'm stick having a hard time with the abbreviations as in BiS. Nonsense

My real question is to obtain high main and end stats fairly quickly by crafting a set gear using dream orbs/runes. You indicate they do not have low level PvP spec battles (use to back when I was favoring 3k) As of now I been farming Intrep I As since I came back over a year.
    My main worry is when I'm a lvl 70. I'm looking forward into outfitting a set to my standards of PvE stats excluding the dream orbs/runes/essances/fragments
    -What advice would you have for that subject in particular?

Next,
    What does fragments and essences do to your armor such as a thing; I have been seeing Plantar attument when crafting?

Then using those two subjects to craft a viable PvE gear set according to my stays.

Lastly, I heard rifts gave out good gear. Would you care to tell me where I can get to an fairly lvl 45 mob rift to acquire gear?(recommended blue or fair quality)

OK, lets take things in order

BIS means "Best In Slot" this is the absolute best item that you can possibly get in the game for the particular slot in question. These items are different between PVE and PVP.

PVP for low levels is DEAD. If you go into a que for a PVP warfront below level 65 then you will probably fall asleep before the que pops. It is possible that the server will be reset on wednesday before your que pops. The reason for this is because of lack of population of people queing. There are several reasons for this sad state of affairs but in my opinion the massive experience gained through "Instant Adventures" killed off the other forms of leveling for low level players such as PVP.

Many things have changed in PVP and how the system works since the last time you played. I have played the game since the start of Storm Legion expansion. One of the things that has changed in the system is called "Bolstering"

Bolstering basically means that IT DOESN'T MATTER what gear you wear when you start PVPing at level 65. If you are wearing PVE gear, then it will be bolstered, either up or down. I have the top PVE gear in the game right now, you can have a set of green level 20 gear; We will have the exact same stats on the gear if we both go into the same warfront in PVE gear

For dream orbs and runes, these have been pared down to 2 or 3 pieces of gear each. This is another major change from the last expansion where you had runes and dream orbs on every piece of gear. If you do not have the dreamweaver and runecrafter tradecrafts to make these for yourself, then you can buy them off the auction house for relatively cheap. Both PVE and PVP gear use the same runes and orbs. Runes and dream orbs are not bolstered.

For your gear in PVE I truly would not worry about gear until level 70, use anything that you get through IA boxes and quest rewards and replace the gear if you get better gear through the same boxes. The reason I say this is because you will level so fast during IA's that the gear will most likely be very underpowered after a couple of hours of IA's. For level 70 if you want crafted gear then you will need outfitter skill if your toons are rogue, mage or primalist; and armorsmith skill if your toon is warrior or cleric. I should warn you that in order to get the recipes for the different pieces of gear will take a long long time. For yourself I would either buy the gear you need off the auction house or when you get to final zone try to farm as much of the currency of "captured intel" as possible. This will enable you to buy the best gear for open world currently in the game through the vendor.

As for gearing up for PVP you will need a different set of PVP gear. This can be started at level 65, where you are automatically grouped up in the level 65 - 70 bracket. You will only get warfront caches at level 70 for wins, but you can start to save the "favor" currency to buy "Slayer's PVP gear" from the store. PVP essences and fragments can only be obtained at level 70 by getting one in a warfront cache after winning a warfront. Until you get these simply use any PVE essences and fragments you have in their place as these will be bolstered to specific statistics which are below PVP stuff with the same stats. (ie. something is better than nothing)

Fragments and essences are basically different pieces of gear, they up your main and secondary statistics which will help you do more damage or heals or help you be more endurable as a tank. Raid rifts have always been and still are the place to get the best essences in the game and this is true of all levels. Really, don't worry about this aspect of game play until you reach level 65. At that point you can join raid rift groups in current end game zones and start saving the "captured intel" currency and if you are lucky get loot which will give you these essences.

Good luck,

Thunder

Default Bump

This has helped explain things a lot. Its good to know you don't need separate PVP gear now. I remember back in the day I could que up between levels 25-35 no problem which is why I was surprised that it was taking so long when I returned. So I have the rust bucket set for dungeons, so this will be boosted for PVP once the warfront starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chudahs View Post
    This has helped explain things a lot. Its good to know you don't need separate PVP gear now. I remember back in the day I could que up between levels 25-35 no problem which is why I was surprised that it was taking so long when I returned. So I have the rust bucket set for dungeons, so this will be boosted for PVP once the warfront starts?
    Yes this gear will be bolstered at the start. I believe that you have misunderstood me, I explained that you don't need PVP gear AT THE START of playing to go into warfronts, I never said that you will not have to get PVP gear to be competative, PVE gear will give you some MINIMUM stats which are below PVP gear. In particular PVP fragments (fragments with the word "War" in it) and essences are much more difficult to obtain when compared to the PVE counterparts.

Thunder

+ Reply to Thread