+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with professions

Soulwalker

Default Problems with professions

Hi guys I am new to this game just having start playing yeserday and all......anyway i got a problem I hope someone can help me with.
    Before playing i had plane to be an outfiter so i had plan on getting butchering as a profession also. The problem that i have is that it appears that i can learn butchering, it says i got no profession slot left to use. Seeing this I try to erase survival and fishing but it appears i can't, anyone else has this problem. Plz help if you can

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by greybringer View Post
    Hi guys I am new to this game just having start playing yeserday and all......anyway i got a problem I hope someone can help me with.
    Before playing i had plane to be an outfiter so i had plan on getting butchering as a profession also. The problem that i have is that it appears that i can learn butchering, it says i got no profession slot left to use. Seeing this I try to erase survival and fishing but it appears i can't, anyone else has this problem. Plz help if you can
    Hello! I hope you are enjoying your time so far!

There are 12 total professions that you can currently learn in Rift. Survival and Fishing do not count towards this total as every character can learn these two.

Each character can only have 3 professions out of the remaining 10 available at any given time unless you purchase a trade skill extension. There are two types of profesions; gathering and crafting. The 3 gathering professions are foraging, mining, and butchering. The 7 crafting professions are dreamweaving, runebreaking, artificing, amorsmithing, weaponsmithing, outfitter, and apothecary.

It appears that you have more than 3 skills at the moment, which is why you cannot learn butchering. You can check by pressing "C" to go to your character menu. On the left-side, look for "skills" and click that. You should be able to view all currently learned skills. Aside from Fishing and Survival, the other three are your currently learned skills. You will have to unlearn one of these from the trainers to free up a slot to add butchering to the third.

+ Reply to Thread