+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By Tactician

Thread: How to make (good) Platinium in Rift

Default How to make (good) Platinium in Rift

Hey guys,

This guide is mostly for the newcomers of Rift, but of course some of the vets might find it useful for them as well.

So what is the best way to make platinium in Rift? Well im pretty you've seen this question before in general chat of Rift, and different people asking about how to make platinium. But what is the best possible way? There's many ways to make platinium in Rift, but for the most part you'll need good gear, very fast mount, and already established main char.

Let's take a step back and ask again;

What is the best way for a newcomer to make platinium in Rift?

(First and foremost thing when you want to make platinium is to be dedicated and focus on one thing)

Some might say "crafting", but Crafting in Rift + making platinium will take ages (literally) so we scratch that - out. You won't make platinium with crafting for sure. In fact, IF you're newcomer you'll bankruptcy before you even start making any platinium.

Some might say "Farming artifacts - all kinds", yeah... good luck with that, especially for the newcomers. Again we scratch that - out. You won't make A LOT platinium while farming artifacts for sure. It adds up, but won't be enough for you.

Some might say "ah... fck it", let's stop with what people might say. Read this guide and be happy with your platinium in Rift!!!

First rule in Rift (when you want to make platinium that is), is never buy from the AH while leveling! IF you want to establish yourself well in Rift as being fairly "rich", don't waste platinium for anything!
    - Remember? You have to be dedicated. Save platinium now, and live in luxury later. Mark my words, it will happen if you follow this simple rule while playing Rift.

So what first then?

Well most obvious way to make platinium now "to this date 19/11/2015" is Foraging (gathering profession).
    - Why? What so special about this gathering profession? Nowadays Sarleaf is used for many crafting professions (including high-end runes + high tier amenders as well)

Let me show you an example

As you can see on the picture the price for 1 Sarleaf is 1.19p (but keep in mind tho, the price may vary), sometimes goes to 1.60p per one Sarleaf, and Sarleaf is always high on demand, and it sells very, very fast!

That means every time when you see a node/plant of Sarleaf, it's basicly 2.50p to 3.00p per one plant. Your loot (when you max Foraging) is 2x per plant. You can see those plants of Sarleaf quite often. IF you have the patience and the nerves to farm, you can end up about 600-700p per day. In Tarken Glacier (Nightmare Tide Expansion Zone), swarms of plants of Sarleafs. All you have to do is farm, farm, farm, and again farm. 600p x 30 days for example is about 18k platinium...

See? That easy...

I know it's not pretty when you have to farm, BUT that is the easiest way to make platinium in Rift. Farming Sarleaf (high on demand mat) is always profitable! Especially for the newcomers...

PS'

When you reach lvl 50, invest all your Planar Attunement points in mount speed! Don't mind the perks/bonuses you lose. Invest in fast mounts and mount speed - NOTHING ELSE!
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-19-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Another thing is don't sell to buy orders to get the plat faster. It will still sell if you post it for auction, just need a little patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Phs

New people can't sell on the AH..? This is a halfway decent to make plat if you want to grind the sarleaf. But it's not at all useful for 'newcomers' who can't do it.
    Last edited by Phs; 11-19-2015 at 09:15 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Lvl 50 raids. By the time they have lvl 65 Expert gear, they should be able to go back and stomp through the T1s from old world and get about 500 plat a week.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

You do realize that some of the ppl are subs? Not all are F2P, and even then... (unless you're rItard), obviously you can sell your goods in the trade chat, which is more appealing without AH fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    This is a halfway decent to make plat if you want to grind the sarleaf.
    Gotta love ppl popping out of thin air and claiming something without explanation.

Please do share then how you can make a good platinium for a newcomer.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-19-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Lvl 50 raids. By the time they have lvl 65 Expert gear, they should be able to go back and stomp through the T1s from old world and get about 500 plat a week.
    'A WEEK'

There's a difference between a day and a week. This method can bring you for A DAY the same amount of plat, even a lot more.

Doing raids for plat is just a "bonus" it adds up. If you wait to make plat just from raids, you'd end up quite poor.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-19-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    You do realize that some of the ppl are subs? Not all are F2P, and even then... (unless you're rItard), obviously you can sell your goods in the trade chat, which is more appealing without AH fees..
    .. but you said you are directing this at newcomers... Somebody new to the game isn't necessarily going to have a patron subscription. New people are going have a f2p account. You should probably have a disclaimer on this "Need 1500 Loyalty Account for Auction House functionality".

Gotta love ppl popping out of thin air and claiming something without explanation.
    You... even call it a farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    That means every time when you see a node/plant of Sarleaf, it's basicly 2.50p to 3.00p per one plant. Your loot (when you max Foraging) is 2x per plant. You can see those plants of Sarleaf quite often. IF you have the patience and the nerves to farm, you can end up about 600-700p per day. In Tarken Glacier (Nightmare Tide Expansion Zone), swarms of plants of Sarleafs. All you have to do is farm, farm, farm, and again farm. 600p x 30 days for example is about 18k platinium...

See? That easy...

I know it's not pretty when you have to farm, BUT that is the easiest way to make platinium in Rift. Farming Sarleaf (high on demand mat) is always profitable! Especially for the newcomers...
    The fact that you have to spend time farming the nodes to get them to sell instead of playing the game. Equals Chinese gold farmers in wow. I'm sure you and a lot of people will enjoy it. Best of luck to you and I hope you buy many pretty mounts. Wasn't originally criticising your methods - just pointing out that new people can't do this as effectively as you think.

But I can summarise you entire post to

"tl;dr: Farm/Grind and then sell Sarleaf/Thalasite. *Must have 1500 Loyalty"
    Last edited by Phs; 11-19-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Shadowlander

This is what worked for me. It won't make you rich at low levels, but it will give you a very nice base when you get to level cap. The ONLY thing you need to purchase is a mount so you can get places, and farm faster.
    For the newcomer -
    1 - spend $5 on the lowest Credit pack there is. Use it however and unlock the AH. (Maybe use credits on a few artifact vials to truly multitask.)
    2 - pick up mining, foraging, butchering.
    3 - If you level by questing, as I recommend any newcomer to do, forage, skin, mine and artifact hunt as you do your questing. Also, do your daily foraging quests the xp, marks, and gold.
    4- Dump it into the AH and drive on.

By doing this you level across the board and when you do finally hit 65, you will be in a good place as far as Plat. Not rich - you do that when you hit 65.
    -Levi

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    .. but you said you are directing this at newcomers... Somebody new to the game isn't necessarily going to have a patron subscription. New people are going have a f2p account. You should probably have a disclaimer on this "Need 1500 Loyalty Account for Auction House functionality".

You... even call it a farm.

The fact that you have to spend time farming the nodes to get them to sell instead of playing the game. Equals Chinese gold farmers in wow. I'm sure you and a lot of people will enjoy it. Best of luck to you and I hope you buy many pretty mounts. Wasn't originally criticising your methods - just pointing out that new people can't do this as effectively as you think.

But I can summarise you entire post to

"tl;dr: Farm/Grind and then sell Sarleaf/Thalasite. *Must have 1500 Loyalty"
    tl;dr: You can sell your Sarleaf (or whatever item you got for sale) "without" AH... for real. You don't need 1500 loyalty when you want to trade in person. This is how you start your way to the glory of "being rich", sell 20x stacks of Sarleaf... buy 2x Rex and the rest will be history.

- See? That easy!

When i see someone in the chat: WTS 10x stacks of Sarleaf or Thalasite Ore, will buy those instantly, and not just me, rest of the guys of Greybriar will do the same.... pretty sure of this.

Really? Chinese farmers? How's that Chinese farming when you farm only 2 hours per day? This method works, mate. Like it or not, IT IS the best one for making "fast platinium" (at least for the moment)

And just for the protocol: I don't farm Sarleaf in order to make platinium in Rift - lol. I am from another league. I sell old school mounts, also quite famous credit seller on Greybriar, i own the market of Unstables (over 80 epic unstables sells on the AH at the moment) and crap like these.

I can confirm with both hands that farming Sarleaf works for the newcomers. In 2 weeks of farming... say 3 or 4 hours per day, you can buy 3-4 rex and be on your own. Some of the new guys did it, and even some of them got patrons already.

Again... see? That easy of farming Sarleaf. For real...
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-20-2015 at 01:46 AM.

Plane Touched

Whenever I see a post from this guy I wonder how one can have such a massive ego because he is wasting multiple hours a day on a completely mindless and boring activity
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathansfist View Post
    This is what worked for me. It won't make you rich at low levels, but it will give you a very nice base when you get to level cap. The ONLY thing you need to purchase is a mount so you can get places, and farm faster.
    For the newcomer -
    1 - spend $5 on the lowest Credit pack there is. Use it however and unlock the AH. (Maybe use credits on a few artifact vials to truly multitask.)
    2 - pick up mining, foraging, butchering.
    3 - If you level by questing, as I recommend any newcomer to do, forage, skin, mine and artifact hunt as you do your questing. Also, do your daily foraging quests the xp, marks, and gold.
    4- Dump it into the AH and drive on.

By doing this you level across the board and when you do finally hit 65, you will be in a good place as far as Plat. Not rich - you do that when you hit 65.
    -Levi
    Thank you for the suggestion, and i appreciate it mate, but it won't work once you hit lvl 65. Not to mention that leathers doesn't sell well at all. Most of the time you would prefer to sell them as trash vendor rather than selling them on the AH.

One stack of those is about 5p, sometimes even less... not worth it at all. Instead you can get Outfitter (not for lvling), but for more cloth drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    Whenever I see a post from this guy I wonder how one can have such a massive ego because he is wasting multiple hours a day on a completely mindless and boring activity
    Massive ego? You don't even know me, let alone to analyze me. If you have something to say about the guide, please do so, otherwise don't spam with pointless messages.

Shadowlander

As I tested, most easy way to farm platinum for new players without AH is old expert dungeons. You can get more than 20 plat for each, with guild bonus and selling all loot, just do it solo. Totally it gives 250 plat per day. Having 130% mount and know how to do it fast, where is all entrances and teleports, you can get 250 plat per 2 hours. If you a real chinese farmer, you can do it 12 hours per day and get 250x6=1500 plat, from all your 65 lvl chars. Rogue are the best for it, because all have built-in speed buffs or invise, to avoid trash. Necromancer, caballist, harbinger, reaver and tempest also have invise/death buffs for skip all trash, or use aoe specs for killing fast. And once per week you can do 2 master dungeons - Caduceus rise give about 70-100 plat doing all, Darkening deeps gives s a usual expert insstance. If you have enough gear, you can do so 4 old T1 raids and get about 500 plat else.Totally brutal farmer can get 1500x7+120x6+500x6=10500+720+3000=14220 plat from 6 good weared 65 lvl chars per week, or 10500 from only experts, for bad weared 6 chars. It is enough to buy REX on AH and open it. And it is more that enough to buy good mount, amender to upgrade gear or crafting goods to lvl up trade skill on AH.
    Last edited by besss; 01-05-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Old thread but going to toss this in here.

I've done all the level 52 dungeons and they each give about 15-20 per run except for Caduceus Rise, which takes forever to do, but gives you more.

You can do four raids in about an hour for about 400-450 plat. LINK

---------------------------------

From what I've seen sarleaf sells for more as either Fused Sarfiber or Sarleaf Extract. If you get stacks on stacks I would suggest not flooding the market and split up your sarleaf into the different types evenly.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread