+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Taskmaster Atrophinius minion card chain adventure questline

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    3* 5/15m => 8hr => 1* 5/15 => 8hr => 2* 5/15 => 8hr => 1* 5/15 => 8hr => 4* 5/15 => 8hr

How many times you have to shuffle to get to the questline adventure card is RNG. Could be once could be many.
    So, just to clarify. Each highlighted 8hr mission requires the previous 5/15 missions to have been completed before they appear in the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    So, just to clarify. Each highlighted 8hr mission requires the previous 5/15 missions to have been completed before they appear in the deck?
    Yes, as far as I'm aware. And.... hmm.... Riane or someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't this the same pattern as the Christmas minion chains last year?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Telaran

Still need to remove finding dimension items in greenscale's stomach from the first set
    (not part of the chain).

After finishing i got another 5/15 min, i guess it might continue through the holiday for special
    loot, not sure if you can get it more than once a day.

Took me 3.5k Ave hurrying 8 hours, didn't shuffle or hurry 5/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    Still need to remove finding dimension items in greenscale's stomach from the first set
    (not part of the chain).
    ?? It was part of all of mine (5 accounts).
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

A little disappointed that the final minion has the exact same attributes as the one you got from doing all the Summerfest chain adventures (Ms Meles). Sounds like you'd have to spend a lot of adventurine too, so I think I will save the 30k I have until Fae Yule instead.

Really looking forward to Autumn Harvest though. It's the only world event that I still haven't experienced in Rift yet. I even started a bit early, completed the mask achievment and got that armored reaper mount... And the fluff... fluff everywhere
    Last edited by DeLivia; 10-21-2015 at 06:51 PM.

you could probably do the chain naturally without hurrying or shuffling it with aventurine
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-21-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Sounds like you'd have to spend a lot of adventurine too, so I think I will save the 30k I have until Fae Yule instead.
    No, you don't need to spend that much adventurine. I didn't know how many of teach type of card I needed so I swapped between 5/15 and 8hr shuffling. I also spent adventurine on hurrying all.

To give a rough idea: If I shuffle an 8hr card right now, I'd have to spend 13.3k adventurine :P. Once you know the pattern required, you don't have to spend to shuffle like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    No, you don't need to spend that much adventurine. I didn't know how many of teach type of card I needed so I swapped between 5/15 and 8hr shuffling. I also spent adventurine on hurrying all.

To give a rough idea: If I shuffle an 8hr card right now, I'd have to spend 13.3k adventurine :P. Once you know the pattern required, you don't have to spend to shuffle like I did.
    Yeah, I've spent about 500 aventurine on each account to get to the second 8 hr one. But seems I might be really lucky with the RNG - the most I've had to shuffle so far has been three times on one account. The rest have shown the holiday event with just one shuffle. And that's across both regions, five accounts each.

And kudos, Riane, for spending that much currency to figure it out. If we could donate some, I'd be happy to - but doesn't look like that's a possibility.
    Last edited by Narcise; 10-21-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Thank you for this guide
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    And kudos, Riane, for spending that much currency to figure it out. If we could donate some, I'd be happy to - but doesn't look like that's a possibility.
    No need to! I have hundreds of thousands of adventurine because I never do 10hrs or anything else with it. I just have always done 5/15. Only time I use it is for world events like this for minions XD

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    ?? It was part of all of mine (5 accounts).
    Riana wrote herself:
    3* 5/15m => 8hr => 1* 5/15 => 8hr => 2* 5/15 => 8hr => 1* 5/15 => 8hr => 4* 5/15 => 8hr

The initial post lists 4 for the first 5/15 set, the greenscale thing is not a chain marked mission, and has always been in your deck.

Soulwalker

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Also, this may just be me, but I prefer to send a minion out on whatever mission comes up and then speed it up (when I need a free slot) rather than shuffling the deck. That way I still get -something- for my spent aventurine. :P Just my way of doing it, though. doing it this way, however, I spent about 5-6k aventurine to get the final card (and racked up on random mats, etc. in the process :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    Riana wrote herself:

The initial post lists 4 for the first 5/15 set, the greenscale thing is not a chain marked mission, and has always been in your deck.
    Ah. Hmmm. I probably didn't realize that because the only time I do short missions is stuff like the world event chains. Kind of funny that it came up on every account yesterday then! Thanks for the info!

And one other thing that's a bit of a downer: you can't gift the starter minion card, and while I have gazoolas of credits on one account, I'm having to buy small bits on the other accounts - and NOW the website won't let me do any more "because it might be fraudulent". So after I get home later, I'm going to have to pop a chat to get that all sorted out again. *SIGH*

I feel bad that you spent so much aventurine. I literally got the missions after every other non-chain mission. Cost me 6k aventurine (Only because I sat there shuffling 5/15s till I realized I already had the 3 missions I needed). Thanks for the guide though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

having just completed this adventure, my first one, I can now fully appreciate this guide. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast