+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Irondwarf
  • 1 Post By Irondwarf
  • 1 Post By Amielle
  • 1 Post By Meteorblade

Thread: Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Do you even CRift? - 3.3 Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.

Crafting Rifts have returned to Telara with 3.3! Here's a quick guide/summary which I can update edit or change if I missed anything just let me know know below!

What are Crafting Rifts?

Planar based rifts that last 5 minutes with a full raid @ Lvl 65 and give you crafting materials.

How do I open a Crafting Rift?

NPC Tephael the Usurper in Choreburg (Margle Palace-) gives a weekly crafting quest. Upon completion you get to choose the planar lure of your choice that can be used on blue Minor Rift tears in Tarken Glacier only.

Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.-94c.jpg

How to choose which lure/plane/planar fishing pole?

NPC Bob is also in Chorebug in the center opposite the auction house, take a look at his recipes to see what you would like knowing there are two new crafting materials that drop with lures specific to the the plane of the lure - Imperishable Motes and Imperishable.

Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.-94b.jpg

Darkness = Death
    Flame = Fire
    Life = Life
    Terrene = Earth
    Tidal = Water
    Wind = Air

What are these Dimension Crafting Stations?

New with 3.3 we can now craft completely in Dimensions! These new stations drop randomly and are not plane specific to the lure. Currently there is a Dream Focus, Workbench, Loom and Forge per plane - the Apothecary Lab arrives in 3.4

Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.-94d.jpg

How to join a group for Crafting Rifts?

Raids that form generally ask for a lure to be linked so there will be a sharing of lures for more chances at loot. To assist your party, watch raid chat, check your planar attunement for group summons if you do not have Planewalkers Call and be prepared to summon especially when you use your lure.

Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.-94a.jpg

Look out in your shard chats or on NA /join crossevents@faeblight OR start one yourself!

Quick Tips
    • You need 380 Crafting to do the weekly crafting lure quest
    • it is one lure per week per character @ 380 Crafting
    • You can get loot if you are not in the raid who used a lure to open the craft rift
    • Jump shards to search for raids or to lead your raid to fresh minor rift tears
    • Learn Tarken Glacier Map thoroughly
    • You do not have to give anyone loot you receive on their lure

Official Updates

Current drop rate concerns & only getting planarite?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Crafting Rifts should *always* pay out materials. If you are doing them and not getting anything then there might be a more serious issue that needs investigating.
    We will have another discussion about this and look into making some improvements.
    Best way to get motes & planar fishing?

We're not trying to hide this, so let me share:

Best way to get planar crafting materials? Crafting Rifts (We are improving the drop rates very soon!)
    Bonus way to get planar crafting materials? Planar fishing lures
    Not as great bonus way to get planar crafting materials? Planar fishing pole while fishing normally.

Hope this helps to clear up some confusion!

Do you even CRift? - Crafting Rift Summary/Guide.-94.jpg

Also stop by Rift Grate for: Planar Crafting Explained and hop on PTS & PTS forums for Apothecary & Crafting from bank 3.4 testing!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-04-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    • You need 375 Crafting to do the weekly crafting lure quest
    • Hopefully someone can confirm if its one lure per character or per account per week?
    Hey there. Nice Guide ;)

First i think u need 380 Crafting. Might be wrong but iīm nearly sure.
    And second: one per Charakter. I get 9 Lures per Week. Itīs no problem. Doesnīt matter if you are lvl 60 or 65. Of course at level 60 you are no big help xD
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Irondwarf View Post
    Hey there. Nice Guide ;)

First i think u need 380 Crafting. Might be wrong but iīm nearly sure.
    And second: one per Charakter. I get 9 Lures per Week. Itīs no problem. Doesnīt matter if you are lvl 60 or 65. Of course at level 60 you are no big help xD
    Fantastic, thank you so much! I just confirmed this on my alt so perfect timing. Are you able to confirm if you need to be Level 60? Can a low level with 380 get the weekly?

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Hey ;)

Just tried it with lvl 54 char. Works fine. So i guess lower chars are ok too. BUT u canīt use the portal to Choreburg xD U have to go the long way over allll the stairs ;) OR u are mentored up to at least lvl58. I joined TGIAīs and it was fine.

edit: ok i needed pelagic fragments ... so i logged of to my main and send some. after i got back to my 54char i was sent to tempest bay and couldnīt port to margle palace. Joined IAīs again and had to walk/swim to Margle Palace ... again ... bit annoying xD
    If thereīs no one online who can port you if youre mentored up its better to be lvl 58. Otherwhise you wonīt like it
    Last edited by Irondwarf; 08-04-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

Rift Disciple

much better if you just follow crift group and leech from them. then pop own lures when nobody is around. more profit for you, less for others.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Irondwarf View Post
    Hey ;)

Just tried it with lvl 54 char. Works fine. So i guess lower chars are ok too. BUT u canīt use the portal to Choreburg xD U have to go the long way over allll the stairs ;) OR u are mentored up to at least lvl58. I joined TGIAīs and it was fine.

edit: ok i needed pelagic fragments ... so i logged of to my main and send some. after i got back to my 54char i was sent to tempest bay and couldnīt port to margle palace. Joined IAīs again and had to walk/swim to Margle Palace ... again ... bit annoying xD
    If thereīs no one online who can port you if youre mentored up its better to be lvl 58. Otherwhise you wonīt like it
    Lol sounds like quite the adventure thanks for sharing. I have updated all my level 60 chars with a 380 craft though one is Apoc...sigh cmon 3.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    much better if you just follow crift group and leech from them. then pop own lures when nobody is around. more profit for you, less for others.
    I have noticed more loot drops from a full raid vs a half full raid, never tried it solo and never will to share that craft loot love.

General of Telara

Bawahahah when i read the tittle I just had to click on it

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    Bawahahah when i read the tittle I just had to click on it
    Lol your delight makes me grin every time.

Now if they would really improve the planar only loot drops that would help. Not to mention, the bosses need to be boosted since they die so easily and in some cases, pop with less than full health.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Now if they would really improve the planar only loot drops that would help. Not to mention, the bosses need to be boosted since they die so easily and in some cases, pop with less than full health.
    I've read your thread you have going for this already this is simply a guide/summary. Anything to contribute to information that will help people doing these for the first time please feel welcome to share.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

New Planar Laboratories have arrived with 3.4 for all our Apocotharists.

Good Luck getting yours and if you have built a Crafting den, hub, shop, spot or lab please stop by Dimension forums and let us know on this thread.

Maybe you wanna add this to your guide:

* Set a minimum level of 62 to the Planar Crafting and Congealed Dreams weekly quests in Choreburg.
    I donīt like it very much xD but ... nah itīs not good
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    How do I open a Crafting Rift?

NPC Tephael the Usurper in Choreburg (Margle Palace-) gives a weekly crafting quest. Upon completion you get to choose the planar lure of your choice that can be used on blue Minor Rift tears in Tarken Glacier only.
    With apologies for the thread necromancy, since the introduction of Plane Touched Wilds, these lures can now be used there also, and are often seen as the preferred location due to the PTW weekly to fully seal 10 rifts in the zone which awards raid marks upon completion.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    With apologies for the thread necromancy, since the introduction of Plane Touched Wilds, these lures can now be used there also, and are often seen as the preferred location due to the PTW weekly to fully seal 10 rifts in the zone which awards raid marks upon completion.
    A guide is fine to necro I can just add it to the first post, thanks so much forgot to add

+ Reply to Thread