+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tips & Tricks to attain Uncle Stans Super Secret Fishin Pole & Lure.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Tips & Tricks to attain Uncle Stans Super Secret Fishin Pole & Lure.

This is information compiled and forwarded by the community.

WHAT IS ALL THE FISHING FUSS?

Stan is the Uncle of fishing and now fluff who offers a prized fishing rod and two new lures that give you the opportunity to fish for mount, minion, pet, wardrobe, dimension, reputation, currency (etc) items.
    • You need to be Level 62
    • You need 420 fishing to fish for Stans fishing pole recipe 450 to make the pole
    • Once you attain the recipe, you follow the recipes instructions to craft the fishing pole
    • You will now be able to fish for the lure recipe using this fishing pole
    • Once you attain the recipe you can now craft lures for the items mentioned above.

Uncle Stans Dyna-Therm Fishin Pole comes to you via a recipe in a tackle box drop on its own (not in a chest.) You must also have 450 Fishing. There are currently no reports of getting this pole recipe outside Plane of Water.

Uncle Stans tackle box looks like this in your bags Thank you @Nogardgib
    Uncle Stans Super Secret Lure is a recipe fished up on its own (not in a chest.) You must also have 420 Fishing. There are currently no reports of getting this pole recipe outside Plane of Water.

Recipe for Stans Fishing Lure is this Thank you @Nebucent
    Uncle Stans Fishing Lure looks like this on your loot table Thank you @Slipmat
    Lure of Planar Distortion is also an item found in fishing caches available using the Atragarian fishing pole (Or better.) You must also have 420 fishing and there are currently no reports of getting this item outside Plane of Water

Lure of Planar Distortion looks like this in your bags Thank you @Reltub
    THE REALITY OF STAN THE MAN.

He's a hearty guy with a terrible sense of humor, you might be fishing for weeks, months or hours and there is also currently no consistent feedback that:
    • Any particular PoW zone is better than another
    • If you need an active lure on your fishing pole
    • Deeper or shallow water makes a difference
    • Whether you should have Stans Derby Quest active
    There have been successful casts with or without all of these factors - Acquiring these items is purely RNG.

Priceless Platinum Locket looks like this in your bags Thank you @Rifbender
    ONCE YOU HAVE STANS POLE & LURE!

Loot from Stans Super Secret Lure appear to be on its own loot table making no difference where you use it also:
    • Both Lures share a 6 hour CD and you have 3 casts/30 seconds to use it.
    • This lure can be used in any fishing zone
    • Everything is BoP/BoA except Minions and Dimension items

You will find screenshots and findings in this thread about lure rewards PLUS:

This thread is for sharing screenshots, data and information on all lure rewards Thank you @Reltub
    This thread is for sharing screenshots of dimension items Thank you @Seyler
    OFFICIAL UPDATES.

Regarding the drop rate of the pole & lure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    It's mean to be a very rare chase item and reward the players that have been lucky enough to get it. Not everyone is going to have the time/patience or drive to want to get this, and we're okay with that. Players that do have the lure will still occasionally fish-up the tradeable version (Lure of Planar Distortion), which will give you access to the same loot table. The rewards in that loot table are directly correlated to the rarity of the lure. We set it up so just about everything that comes out of it is cool/fun/desirable.

In time we might look at changing the drop rate on the lure, but for now we're fine with it as is.

Regarding why lures don't stack:
    Runes with charges cannot be allowed to stack due to a bug, sorry!
    Regarding making fished up lure items BoA:
    I need to do this, yes. :P
    Thank you to everyone who contributed.
    Good luck all!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-04-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Soulwalker

Default Mounts!!! More Mounts!!!!

Question! Is the Ethian mount that everyone is fishing up the only mount you can fish up? I havent read, heard or seen of any other mounts being fished up.

edit: While using the super secret lure.
    Last edited by Kinela; 06-30-2015 at 12:33 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

So far yes.

Rift and Atlas Reactor Rift Rask Pet Cross Over Get ALL Freelancers for 7 Days with my "Recruit-A-Friend" Code Atlas Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    • You need 450 fishing to fish for Stans fishing pole recipe
    You only need 420, unless I'm misreading this. (450 to make the actual pole however)

Rift Disciple

You say there's no evidence about lures, but I'm starting to wonder if certain lures actually *block* you getting the tackle box and recipe.

In vanilla and SL fishing, even with a rare fish or typical fish lure on for a specific fish, you'll get 'breakthrough's where you'll get a treasure chest or an artifact or whatever. I fish a lot because I find it relaxing, and in all the time I've fished POW (and I hit my 10K fish there a while ago), I've never ONCE seen a breakthrough on a rare or typical lure.

Bottom line, my own personal evidence is suggesting that using one of those types of lures may actually BLOCK you from getting either the tackle box or the lure recipe. I got my tackle box over 2 months ago before I became so overloaded with rare atragarian lures that I use them nearly constantly when I fish.

In the last couple of months, I rarely fish without at least a rare atragarian or specific lure on unless I'm doing derby fishing, when I used a timed trophy lure. Maybe I'm unlucky with RNG, but I'm starting to think there might be more at play. I wonder if we could get a dev to answer this?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    You only need 420, unless I'm misreading this. (450 to make the actual pole however)
    Thank you updated!

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    You say there's no evidence about lures, but I'm starting to wonder if certain lures actually *block* you getting the tackle box and recipe.
    Yes I said this from everything people have posted, conversations and own experience having witnessed the lure and pole achieved with and without lures. I have had this conversation with someone else but the theory never came back 100% assured that's what they experienced. Good luck on your findings maybe more have experienced this and we get more feedback?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Don't use a lure

After reading all the posts about getting the tackle box, the only point that made sense was NOT using a lure when fishing for the box. I had noticed that Stan's dailies would not produce the quest fish if you were restricting your options (IE, fishing in the rare or clever schools or using a fish lure that gives you better results). So it made sense that getting the rarest item would require going in bareback. After 100s of casts at level 65 and 450 fishing, mostly using artifact enhancing lures, I'd yet to see a tackle box. The day after I starting fishing PoW with no lures (call it less than 100 casts), I have my first tackle box and my dyna-therm pole! I also had Quantum sight active, but not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Now, to go use my new pole without lures to see how long it takes me to get the lure recipe.

FYI, some of the minions ARE BoP. I fished up Fluffy... twice. Both times he shows as Soulbound.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Shadowlander

Default Pole is still here?

Try to catch recipe. Spent 3 hours in Tarken. Uncle Stan's qwest was active. Fishing in Tarken in shallow and no results. Use Atragarian pole and enduring trophy lure. Fishing 450, 65 lvl char.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by besss View Post
    Try to catch recipe. Spent 3 hours in Tarken. Uncle Stan's qwest was active. Fishing in Tarken in shallow and no results. Use Atragarian pole and enduring trophy lure. Fishing 450, 65 lvl char.
    3 hours is not very long it is purely rng. People have have got the pole with and without quest and lures. You are able to also fish in Planetouched Wilds

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    3 hours is not very long it is purely rng. People have have got the pole with and without quest and lures. You are able to also fish in Planetouched Wilds
    Thanks, try one more...

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by besss View Post
    Thanks, try one more...
    Just so you know I'm at 30k + casts just for this you could possibly go insane thinking it's possible to get this in a matter of hours though rock on if it happens. I have not tried since 3.4 busy with other things but will start again soon because must complete!

Soulwalker

1st day PTW went live, I fished up stan's secret lure there
    Finally after months of fishing in plane of water only

Shadowlander

This pole is here! I have got it!
    Last edited by besss; 11-05-2015 at 07:18 AM.

General of Telara

I recon someone had fished "King Fisher, bane of the deep" mount from stan's lure, but I dont understand the fuss about it, it has exactly the same skin as the one you would get in ember isle IA sometimes. Nothing impressive or new.

*I used the treasure box lure and it took me 2-3 days of fishing to get the box, and about the same for the lure*
    Last edited by Amielle; 11-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast