This is information compiled and forwarded by the community.
WHAT IS ALL THE FISHING FUSS?
Stan is the Uncle of fishing and now fluff who offers a prized fishing rod and two new lures that give you the opportunity to fish for mount, minion, pet, wardrobe, dimension, reputation, currency (etc) items.
- You need to be Level 62
- You need 420 fishing to fish for Stans fishing pole recipe 450 to make the pole
- Once you attain the recipe, you follow the recipes instructions to craft the fishing pole
- You will now be able to fish for the lure recipe using this fishing pole
- Once you attain the recipe you can now craft lures for the items mentioned above.
Uncle Stans Dyna-Therm Fishin Pole comes to you via a recipe in a tackle box drop on its own (not in a chest.) You must also have 450 Fishing. There are currently no reports of getting this pole recipe outside Plane of Water.
He's a hearty guy with a terrible sense of humor, you might be fishing for weeks, months or hours and there is also currently no consistent feedback that:
There have been successful casts with or without all of these factors - Acquiring these items is purely RNG.
- Any particular PoW zone is better than another
- If you need an active lure on your fishing pole
- Deeper or shallow water makes a difference
- Whether you should have Stans Derby Quest active
Loot from Stans Super Secret Lure appear to be on its own loot table making no difference where you use it also:
- Both Lures share a 6 hour CD and you have 3 casts/30 seconds to use it.
- This lure can be used in any fishing zone
- Everything is BoP/BoA except Minions and Dimension items
You will find screenshots and findings in this thread about lure rewards PLUS:
Regarding the drop rate of the pole & lure:
Good luck all!