+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tips & Tricks to attain Uncle Stans Super Secret Fishin Pole & Lure.

Soulwalker

Default uncle stans lost tackle box

Fished for about 4 days, finally got the tackle box quest item
    Area : Polyp Promenade
    Between up and lower red roofed buildings (map - north, or the right side of fountain pool with mermaids) fountain area.
    Pole used: Antagarian pole
    lvl 63 and fishing maxed.
    Lures - none
    Had the fishing quest from stan in choreburg area, but got tacklebox after I had quota met, I kept fishing, did not hand in.

Final note the box came up with 5+ reels in a single cast, not the normal 1-3 reel ins

Good luck all, hope this helps.

Default Uncle Stan Super Fishing Pole

i got this today in Tarken at border with Draumheim, deep water with fishing derby active.

pole used: Artagian

lure used Enduring Trophy Lure

about a total of 600 casts since i start farming for it
    Last edited by Cocolino; 11-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Better Home, Crazy Forsaken's Manor, Winter Holiday

I just got the pole recipe from fishing at Tarkan Acsent, down where Draumheim meets Tarkan. After reaching 450 fishing, I fished a total of 6 or 7 hrs off & on over a span of 3 days, & got the tackle box for the pole.

Takes about 120 plat to make the pole/lure. I have all the profs needed for the mats, so I didn't use the ah. Expect to pay more if the ah is needed. I mention this because someone has said in chat that Laminated Madrosa lumber was really expensive on the ah, but it's really cheap to make.

Just in case you don't have a forager, & you ask someone to make it for you, it only takes 1 elm lumber, 1 linden lumber, 1 madrosa lumber, 1 catalytic dust, & 3 enchanted lacquers. The lacquers will cost 4 plat 20 gold each.

Atragarian pole, no lure
    Choreburg fishing derby active from 2 days ago, not turned in yet
    Deep water
    450 fishing
    lvl 65 character
    Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Wolfsbane by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

General of Telara

After a year and a half, I decided to level fishing.

Atragarian pole, no lure
    No derby. Got Tacklebox in PTW, after 19 casts from when I hit 450.
    Deep water
    450 fishing
    lvl 65 character

Does anyone know if it is possible to fish up the standard crafted lure recipe on the affinity reward pole?

Oh, that's a good question. I never even thought of that. I'm getting both new poles either way, but it'd still be nice to know. The new Stan pole does say the lure can also be used with it. I would think it could go both ways. I'm about 70 points away from getting it. I'll def test it & see. Will post back if I end up getting the lure rec with it, if someone else hasn't already replied with the answer by then.
    Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Wolfsbane by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky Beauty View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to fish up the standard crafted lure recipe on the affinity reward pole?
    The only lure type I got in the many casts on PTS was the Lure of Distortion

Quote Originally Posted by besss View Post
    Try to catch recipe. Spent 3 hours in Tarken. Uncle Stan's qwest was active. Fishing in Tarken in shallow and no results. Use Atragarian pole and enduring trophy lure. Fishing 450, 65 lvl char.
    5 hours straight fishing with no tackle box. Make that 15 hours now.
    Last edited by Kassamai; 08-08-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Soulwalker

I guess I was "lucky" as I was using a lucky fishing pole, no lure, in a rare fish pool on goboro when I fished up the tackle box. I was actually very excited about it until upon turn-in I saw the recipe for Stan's Dyna-Therm fishing pole. So ok, one of every fishing pole from Metal up through Atragarian I can handle, but this apparently also requires 100 byssal cord which is currently 1p 50g EACH. So at minimum 150p for the pole, but really closer to 180p for various mats to make the various poles required, this seems semi-ridiculous.

Can't sell the recipe as it is BoP. If I go through the trouble of making the darn pole I wonder if I can sell it or if it's BoP as well?

And P.S., wasn't even trying for the box ... simply trying to fill a work order and had only just turned 450
    Last edited by SJesMe; 08-31-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Default GOT IT!!

Tips & Tricks to attain Uncle Stans Super Secret Fishin Pole & Lure.-2016-09-15_140200.jpg

Just got Uncle Stan's Lost Tackle Box, screenshot with details i thought helpful.

Location: Margle Palace, one of the Deep Water pools near the steps leading out of the palace proper, /setwaypoint 5612, 5600 for map coords. i mainly fish in/around Margle Palace as i hang out in Choreburg for daily Crafting Quests--i was a tad worried at first, awhile ago, that fishing in the fountains here might not spawn a Tackle Box. but yay for laziness!

Quest: Active, incomplete, with 10/20 of the Uncle Stan's Derby catch.

Pole: Charged Fishing pole, req. Fishing 450

Lure: Enduring Trophy Lure, active, around 11 minutes remaining at the time.

Level: Fishing lvl 450, Character lvl 65

Pulls: As others have mentioned, there were 5 "pulls" while reeling it in, i got excited after the 4th one, realizing something was actually happening.

Casts in PoW: 2162/5000 towards the Artisan Atragarian Fisherman Achievement.

Boredom lvl: High. I was just focused on getting through my daily chores on here ASAP, had stopped worrying about getting the Box at all.

I tried to get the best screenshot i could, i think it shows everything...
    Last edited by Silmiris; 09-17-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Joined Trion Worlds 2/28/2011, Rift Founders Pack

Quote Originally Posted by SJesMe View Post
    If I go through the trouble of making the darn pole I wonder if I can sell it or if it's BoP as well?

It is Soulbound, yes. and looks like this:

Tips & Tricks to attain Uncle Stans Super Secret Fishin Pole & Lure.-2016-09-20_121023-2-.jpg

i still want fireworks, but i'll settle for sparkly bits.

Quote Originally Posted by SJesMe View Post
    And P.S., wasn't even trying for the box ... simply trying to fill a work order ...

yep. ditto.
    Last edited by Silmiris; 09-22-2016 at 11:07 AM. Reason: update w/ pic

Joined Trion Worlds 2/28/2011, Rift Founders Pack

Default Still nothing

I've tried fishing all over plane of water and over 3 months, I still haven't be able to get the pole.

Rift Disciple

It is completely luck. I got my pole in Tarken, and the lure in Goboro. Just keep trying and it will happen eventually. Took me most of 6 months to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassamai View Post
    I've tried fishing all over plane of water and over 3 months, I still haven't be able to get the pole.
    I got mine last weekend admittedly with a long break in between from rng burnout. Don't give up, I got mine at Attaggrian Well.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-16-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Default Updates 4.0-Starfall Prophecy

Stans & Affinity Lure Loot Tables have been reworked:
    • All lure Loot tables have changed significantly-rep and artifacts removed.
    • You can fish for Stans Lure in the new Starfall Zones
    • Dimension items on these lures now only apply to Stans loot table
    • You can use Affinity Lures on Stans Pole
    • 8 token lure of "Cosmos" - One item per reel
    • 16 token lure of "Infra-Cell" - Two items per reel + chance at very rare Chalmers Caldera Key

You can also head here for details on Affinity Poles & Lures.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-23-2017 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast