+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When do I start making profit (if any) from these professions?

Soulwalker

Question When do I start making profit (if any) from these professions?

I'm new to the game, just been binge playing over winter break ha. Right now level 38 and I have butchering, outfitting, and runecrafting all level 200+. Usually in games, I'm a crafting addict that loves to make bank from it. I'm not really seeing myself making bank for my skills in the future. What's the earliest level can I expect to make some money from butchering, outfitting, or runecrafting? I'm extremely poor because I've been runebreaking all of the items I get from crafting, and I kinda wish I wasn't...

Soulwalker

Hey I posted this thread in the wrong section and moved it to the other crafting section. Hoping someone can delete because oddly, it doesn't seem like the user can delete their own thread?

Default Things I amke that bring the plat-

The first thing I ever started making that brought in significant money was bags. People always want them. I'm to the point now where I'm making Empyrean Bags for 20-25 plat each. I've sold over a dozen of them. But I've made $ selling every kind of bag I have the recipe for.

The item that I've crafted which has brought the most amount of plat for one item has been selling dimension keys.

It hasn't been cheap getting here. Recipes and certain luxury ingredients can cost money, but you gotta spend some to earn some. Collecting other ingredients can be grind intensive, but that's what Netflix is for. Admittedly, I don't mind letting crafting drive a lot of my gameplay, so if you're really focusing on leveling, crafting can be a real distraction.
    o==(>>>>>>>> ODTEG <<<<<<<<)==o

Rift Disciple

I heard long ago that the main source of plat from craftings are the mats (crafted mats) and seeing the AH still applies

Bestest, shortest answer is NEVER.

Take the gathering profs and sell the mats on the AH and keep some to have guildies make gear for you.

Crafting is for the OCD folks (and can be a form of fun), not for the financially astute.
    Last edited by Fraxinus; 07-15-2015 at 09:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread