+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Champion dps?

Soulwalker

Default Champion dps?

Hey there, so champion dps is not anything.. right?
    I saw an outdated 2017 guide for Champion and the first line was saying it is "currently the highest ST dps spec for warriors"
    Did I miss the fun wagon, then?
    And is there any way to make it semi-viable. I'm talkin like if Paragon is doing 1m, Champ would do 800k.
    I'm not hardcore, but I would love to bring Champion into dungeons just to have fun tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDelusional View Post
    Hey there, so champion dps is not anything.. right?
    I saw an outdated 2017 guide for Champion and the first line was saying it is "currently the highest ST dps spec for warriors"
    Did I miss the fun wagon, then?
    And is there any way to make it semi-viable. I'm talkin like if Paragon is doing 1m, Champ would do 800k.
    I'm not hardcore, but I would love to bring Champion into dungeons just to have fun tbh.

Champion was amazing on Classic and Storm legion, it became obsolete (only MoM Lady Justice golem trash) due to the more flexible Reaver Cleave etc

Now it is just awful. It can do some dmage but that mainly comes from-
    get 3 combopoints with I'm with you!- Death Blossom - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow

Not only does it has an awful long windup time with debuffs etc but it has a limited area of effect, needs a healthy primary target in melee, needs the targets clumped up and stationary - and still does just as much/ less damage than other things.

If you are looking for raw aoe power- for the nostalgic factor:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../2m2yBk68|PsP0

Legendary Light's Balm

#show Light's Balm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Turn the Blade
    cast @self Light's Balm
    cast Retaliation
    cast Earth Burst
    cast fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast [notactive] Fork

That one can do a raw 12mil-6mil dps -and as you can see, not even that one has Champion in it

(concept by Shadowlion i think)

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Champion was amazing on Classic and Storm legion, it became obsolete (only MoM Lady Justice golem trash) due to the more flexible Reaver Cleave etc

Now it is just awful. It can do some dmage but that mainly comes from-
    get 3 combopoints with I'm with you!- Death Blossom - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow - I'm With you! - Legendary Braking Blow

Not only does it has an awful long windup time with debuffs etc but it has a limited area of effect, needs a healthy primary target in melee, needs the targets clumped up and stationary - and still does just as much/ less damage than other things.

If you are looking for raw aoe power- for the nostalgic factor:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../2m2yBk68|PsP0

Legendary Light's Balm

#show Light's Balm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Turn the Blade
    cast @self Light's Balm
    cast Retaliation
    cast Earth Burst
    cast fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast [notactive] Fork

That one can do a raw 12mil-6mil dps -and as you can see, not even that one has Champion in it

(concept by Shadowlion i think)
    Thank you for the very informative reply.
    I will try the stuff you have mentioned.
    I really appreciate that there was no negativity and just helpful information!

+ Reply to Thread