+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Liberator-based tank builds?

Soulwalker

Default Any Liberator-based tank builds?

Obviously, there's Voidchanter, but I'm wondering if there's a raid-heal build?

Wink

There are tons of options. The difficulty/ and nouances make the Warrior version of this concept too situational for a general guide. There is a 'do it all' 18/18 version but never tested in all scenarios to safely share it.

Until then:

Tell me 4 things:

- your gear level
    - what you want to heal
    - how easy you need it
    - are you interested in the concept or just want the macros

... and we can make something work for you
    Last edited by Shas; 03-07-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Soulwalker

I'm near-top geared and used to play Tempest and Reaver back when they were things, so complex builds aren't a big deal.

My interest is to be able to cover pretty much any role in raids. We have Riftblade for DPS, Warchanter for solo heals, your OC Paladin for solo tanking, and Voidchanter for semi-tank/heals. I figured having a tank that could raid-heal as well would be a solid option for Azranel, Phoenix, ezTD, etc.

I'm also tired of having to beg for archons when doing raids. It'd be great if we had a decent replacement Beastmaster build to cover that, but that's a different thread.

I also love it when you lift the hood and explain WHY we're hitting the buttons we do, so concepts are much desired. I still don't think I quite get the OC Pally build as I still get my *** handed to me on Isiel, but again...another thread.
    Last edited by GhstGry; 03-10-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GhstGry View Post
    I'm near-top geared and used to play Tempest and Reaver back when they were things, so complex builds aren't a big deal.
    I hope you mean the SL Tempest.

I'm also tired of having to beg for archons when doing raids. It'd be great if we had a decent replacement Beastmaster build to cover that, but that's a different thread.
    That's a thing for the Dev(s) i can not fix right now. Beastmaster can heal tdem tho np.
    Command to Attack not being on the Flaring Power- level is the only thing that holds it back.

My interest is to be able to cover pretty much any role in raids. We have Riftblade for DPS, Warchanter for solo heals, your OC Paladin for solo tanking, and Voidchanter for semi-tank/heals. I figured having a tank that could raid-heal as well would be a solid option for Azranel, Phoenix, ezTD, etc.

Warrior Tanks do not have the classical Tankbuff for free threat boni that evry other class has:
    Any Liberator-based tank builds?-2020-03-11_002506.jpg

So they are dependent on going 40 into Tank for the passive Thrat buff and/ or using alot of Tank abilities to hold aggro. (Attacks and Heals originating from a Tank soul will generate more threat than those from a dps/ healer soul)

-> Different from Warden, Farseer, Chloromander and Bard, Liberator needs ALOT of points spent to heal effectively while also needing to play the eternal game. (Only spamming Persecute for Comfort Zone will heal 100k with and 20k without Eternal)
    Liberator will need at least 41/44 Points to become the Liberator soul it is ment to be. This does not go well with 40 into Tank. To compare what other classes need: (Warden 6, Farseer 6, Chloro 8, Bard 6)

Ontop of that, you will run the Berzerker Trinket which forces you to attack at least every 4 seconds. While the bis Liberators don't use attacks.

So Warrior Aoe healing + Tanking will have massive disadvantages as it does not synnegize even remotely.

I tested a lot of Lib Tank things and eventually endet up having massive threat issues, which will result in hps loss to maintain - or simply spamming Deliverance - one of your worst direct Lib Heals.

Your best bets for Aoe heal support as Warrior Tank are:

1) 26 Beastmaster 2 Riftblade with Call of Kinship + Finisher Spam (Massively benefits from the Eternal)
    2) 8 Liberator for Liberation Treatment / 16 Lib for perfectly timed Deliverances (close to 61 Justicar healing)
    3) Oc Pala spamming I'm With you on people manually (enough to soloheal Titanx/ EoA) - pretty much the same as 61 Riftblade can do (which can also soloheal Titanx/ EoA)
    4) This also works but is an insanely Primitive Storm Legion thing that might quickly derail on stress (Silgen)

Liberator as offtank:

-> The closest you get to a reasonable Libearator doing a tank job is MAc Lib ot Version
    Use the 4 Warlord Recovery Posture buff to make Sergeant's Order a Taunt (with 4 points the cheapest Taunt in the game). Go 1 Tank+ 1 Mac Lib + 8 dd's on Itrop 4/4. On second phae, When your Mt reaches 6 stacks, you check for his debuff reaching 45 seconds, then Taunt with Sergeant's order and take the boss for 2 stacks, which will be enough to drop all stacks from the MT.
    While you have the bird, Spam Heals on your MT who is your Positive Reaction target but Absorption (We stand united!) on yourself.
    (3 stacks might get you killed)

This method of Warlord taunts is also used for when the Linkchanter Ot's on Vindicator.
    (Since the goal of the Ot is to rather grab stacks off the mt)
    Pseudo Tank solotank with Linkchanter ot in case you care

-> A Warrior Tank trying to spam aoe heals will result in laughably ****ty heals or in a laughably ****ty tank job and can at best be considered *supportive* on every encounter that truly demands healing. 18 Warchanter however is overpowered through the roof and defenitly where a heal hybrid starts to shine.

I also love it when you lift the hood and explain WHY we're hitting the buttons we do, so concepts are much desired. I still don't think I quite get the OC Pally build as I still get my *** handed to me on Isiel, but again...another thread.
    <
    Spoiler!

After you read through everythign above:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shas; 03-10-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Telaran

"Liberator as offtank:

-> The closest you get to a reasonable Libearator doing a tank job is MAc Lib ot Version
    Use the 4 Warlord Recovery Posture buff to make Sergeant's Order a Taunt (with 4 points the cheapest Taunt in the game). Go 1 Tank+ 1 Mac Lib + 8 dd's on Itrop 4/4. On second phae, When your Mt reaches 6 stacks, you check for his debuff reaching 45 seconds, then Taunt with Sergeant's order and take the boss for 2 stacks, which will be enough to drop all stacks from the MT.
    While you have the bird, Spam Heals on your MT who is your Positive Reaction target but Absorption (We stand united!) on yourself.
    (3 stacks might get you killed)

This method of Warlord taunts is also used for when the Linkchanter Ot's on Vindicator.
    (Since the goal of the Ot is to rather grab stacks off the mt)"

Would having the OT take 2 (maybe 3?) stacks to start be a better idea? that way they get the full guard from the MT and when the adds come out your mt has more of their guard when things get messy?

I came on because i wanted to look at your BM/Lib build, I had the idea of using BM/WL/WC like a defilicar

where leg AQD/Breaking were your primary spam to proc kinship over clocked with ST, and SO for taunt spam think the mad scientist can make that work?

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post

Would having the OT take 2 (maybe 3?) stacks to start be a better idea? that way they get the full guard from the MT and when the adds come out your mt has more of their guard when things get messy?
    There is no need to do the stacks game itrop4/4 in the first phase. It hardly lasts a minute, will never reach 8+ stacks and instead of doing damage, the addphase resets stacks.

MT8, you2, MT8 > you2, MT16

If you mean Vindicator: Mt starting, Chanter taking 1-2 and Mt on 3-4 is what worked the smoothest so far. Warchanter can just use the 65Tank dagger with +30% hp when going for 3 stacks and swich to Heal dagger for 2nd phase np.
    (Vindicator lasts 0:50-1:20. One stack every ~8 sec. That's only 6-10stacks to split and a T2 tank surely can take 4-5 (the average 30% reduction lasts 10 secs already)

I came on because i wanted to look at your BM/Lib build, I had the idea of using BM/WL/WC like a defilicar
    That one wasn't serious. See it like this: besides the pet doing some 80k dmg, you have one raidspot on vastly inferior healing over a metaLib.(which is easy enough to not need an easyer version)

where leg AQD/Breaking were your primary spam to proc kinship over clocked with ST, and SO for taunt spam think the mad scientist can make that work?
    The huge Problem with ghetto builds like that is that you can't guarantee full Eternal uptime. As a Result, Kinship etc will do 1/10 th of the healing 30% of the time.

Without other ae heal spam, Kinship then benefits more from being applied properly as a hot rather than spammed dry.

So you have Bm Kinship, Lib Comfort Zone, Chanter to control the Eternal and make Warr healing viable and one soul like Tank to excuse the hybrid.

Most reasonable then is the 26Bm 32Vk 18 Chanter (wonky threat)
    With St absorb (Seasoned+United+Phallanx) and even aoe spam (United+Kinship) a possibly useful ot, like Fk+Chloro+Arbiter.
    With strong support hps, maybe possible to heal Isiel already as United+ Kinship somewhat acts like Battlesong.

In theory, a AQD Bm spammer should do okay with Icy Burst to double the Finisher output.
    however

On Chanter+Bm, spamming *We are unbowed* does not increase the Kinship tickrate.

So expect Kinship to have a 1 sec igcd.
    1.5sec is too slow and double finisher ticks do not gain it.
    So Kinship needs a constant Eternal+ 1sec gcd Spam (61Bm+Para+Rb/ 61Bm+4Wc+11Rb- Which would be a 800k Chlorochont if Command to Attack was viable)

A heal focused Bm is 18Lib 4Chanter 54Bm, Spam Eternal Persecute and Eternal apply the Kinship hot with Prolonged.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-15-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Telaran

Sorry i was talking vind, we just solo tank priest at this point. Getting to the point we could solo tank vind as well, we just dont usually run all our all stars in one run so haven't made a serious try at it.

Either way was bored at work and thinking of different ways to do stuff for the lawls

Harbinger dps tank and Mage Necro-Arbiter can solotank it. Use the Pet-takeover and Arbiter as 2 separate taunts or popp Storm shroud and let a dd take 1-2 stacks before taking it back.

Mage is way smoother with it's tank+heal synergies.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5389449

Either way was bored at work and thinking of different ways to do stuff for the lawls
    I like the push for new stuff. Other MMo's literaly hired people for thoughts like yours.(#Blizzard and Warrior Staff leveling)

+ Reply to Thread