+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking questions.

Soulwalker

Default Tanking questions.

I have been away from the game for awhile now and a few things have changed obviously. I have a few quick questions I'm hoping the community can help me with.

1- Are there tank stats on primary pieces of gear still? IE helm shoulders chest...
    I have done several dungeons and have not seen primary pieces with guard/block

2- Is paladin or void knight better in the current state of the game?
    Depending on the answer can someone provide an up to date guide please.

3- Unrelated to tanking but does anyone do LFR anymore? I sit in q for hours with nothing happening.

Thank you in advance for any feedback I may receive.

Quote Originally Posted by garman024 View Post
    I have a few quick questions I'm hoping the community can help me with.
    Welcome back.

1. Nope. If you've done 65+ content, you may have noticed you get some Planar Fragments. That's where your secondaries are going to be in current content. Pre-65 should have secondaries, but not 65+.

2. Don't know. Sorry.

3. MANY people do LFR, but they usually form a full team and then sign up. Same with LFD. Unfortunately, the playerbase isn't big enough to support lowlevel dungeon-running through LFD, so most people do Intrepid Instant Adventures to level up.
    When you get to 70, you will need a bunch of dungeons for your eternal weapon, so most people get fed up with dungeons and only do premades when needed. For raids, people do still run them, but again, usually with premade groups.

Smile

I have been away from the game for awhile now and a few things have changed obviously. I have a few quick questions I'm hoping the community can help me with.
    Wb ^^

1- Are there tank stats on primary pieces of gear still? IE helm shoulders chest...
    I have done several dungeons and have not seen primary pieces with guard/block
    You might only head for max hp (with guard filling up along the way). The gear comes in various qualities with Overlord having the most mainstat and Preserver the most endurance.

2- Is paladin or void knight better in the current state of the game?
    Depending on the answer can someone provide an up to date guide please.
    Both are viable.
    Paladin has a maxxive bonus on taken healing, focusing block and aoe dmg, passive reduction.
    -> Utilises groups of mobs to get healed-on-hit.
    Void Knight can reach immense max hp pools with a focus on dodge (increases shielding cap) and absorbs, big reduction cd's.
    -> Utilises groups of mobs to increase his max hp (with Void summon)

->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Spoiler!
    Warrs are top tier healers this expansion so having warrs on a healing spec may be prioritised over tank on certain encounter. Besides that Warriors are still very potent tanks when done right.

''Strong tanks'' do not only define by soaking up hits but by providing a little ontop.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-23-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Soulwalker

What would be the strongest tank in the games current state? Cleric I assume?

Prophet of Telara

Primalist also seems to be quite strong (high damage mitigation) so far the only tank that Commander Isiel + Vindicator MK1 (currently the boss with the most tank damage) has successfully tanked alone (with some support from a warrior healer), he can also provide mystic buffs, 5% crit buff in different specs and can also be played as a healing tank.

Rogue and Mage tanks (61 points in the tank soul) can in many cases group heal a raid alone. The mage is especially strong with many Adds because he can easily push out 5 million thps (that's more than most full healers are capable of) thanks to Lifegiving Veil with Living Storm (with eternal wepaon proc).

61 Cleric tanks do the most damage, have a battle rez and a 5 % magic dmg debuff.

Everyone has his advantages and disadvantages.

Thumbs up

From a pure tank perspective it is the mage.

Crystalline Shield can be used on yourself Or others. Arbiter is highly mobile, great aoe threat and can even afk tank having 2 abilities allowing him to directly take the aggro someone else produces.
    His self negation is straight forward with a 30%, short 20% and full absorb, howver due to Storm Front, his armor value (which you may think should be low on cloth) scales insanely high.
    + St and aoe pull-in.

In addition, mage has decent options for the 15 offsoul points (not to mention hybrids)
    Making him

-fast as *** boi with MA
    -soloheal raids with Chloro asn sc
    Spoiler!

-Or add aton of negation with FK

Tanks usualy are cd heavy (Riftstalker, Void Knight) or have good passive negation (Justicar, Paladin)
    Arbiter With Frostkeeper has both.

Warrs have a good bonus on taken heal and selfheal with Warchanter
    Clerics have support options with the 5% nonphys or as cleansetank
    Rogues have aoe burst with Nt and HFB
    Primalists Take a good punch and can be played quite elegantly

Tanks are tried to be balanced out by a couple similar mechanics where you usualy have:
    St taunt, aoe taunt, St pull, aoe pull, 1min 10-15sec 30% negation, 30sec short 20%, cd for healing taken, massive shield, max hp increasing cd, selfheal, self full heal, intercept (friendly protection), charge/ teleports, non-melee options, Target debuffs.
    + Unique abilities which mostly are not a selling point.

58 Arbiter runs the yellow marked on default.

You can onebutton through dungeons or max out your stat increasing buffs applied by abilities and mechanics.

Maybe i am spoiled bc i saw far less Magetanks screwing up than others? Still first choice if one could pick for a 60man raid.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-24-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

+ Reply to Thread