+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paragon Tank?

Soulwalker

Default Paragon Tank?

Been looking at his sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t#gid=62272937 and it seems that there's a paragon build for tanking? Is there any more information on it please?

Thank you!

Prophet of Telara

The spreadsheet actually links to the soul tree used.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...li/99fe%7CPu_0

There's a few versions though. All are built around retaliation building stacks via paragon's unleashed legendary.

Shas exlains it here, which also contains another tank'ish build.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...inite-dps.html

I've used a more tankey variant that is only 41 paragon, enough warlord for defensive posture and the rest into paladin. But the concepts are the same. Regardless all of them aren't full tanks and are situational.
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-26-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies!

Saw the tree build on the spreadsheet but was wondering about the playstyle and gear. Had tried the VK/Paladin normal build but the slow GCDs were fraying my nerves, haha.

The Retatank has actually like 5 main versions to go for. The 61 is dodgy to say the least. You can replace Shield of the Hero with a 1h + shield.

How to play: keep up 'Unleashed' (passive by attacking) as it reduces many of your cooldowns. Prioritise Retaliation (4 Paladin) and watch it gaining a stack every 4.5 seconds. Get hit to make Retaliation fire back at whatever hits you (fires back at the range of the attacker, even 50 meter). Reta is melee only so keep yourself close to a target to refresh it. Don't die as death resets the stacks.
    Ezra was on at least 50% Reta as total dmg %.

This is less of a tank as it is a dd spec with a taunt which exploits getting hit in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by hakra View Post
    Had tried the VK/Paladin normal build but the slow GCDs were fraying my nerves, haha.
    You can run 8 Paragon and 'Turn the blade' for a default 1sec gcd on any spec which is not utilising Chanter (not recomendet)
    Last edited by Shas; 06-01-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

+ Reply to Thread