+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 4.5 MANUGO 'infinite dps'

Cool 4.5 MANUGO 'infinite dps'

v4.5 MANUGO 'infinite dps'-manugolol.jpg

I WIP - WILL DO FURTHER WORK ON THIS POST UNTIL THIS TEXT IS GONE
    intro

-> Not completely serious yolospec with infinite dps portential.
    So here it is. I'm fed up on it and why not get others involved in the process. Since Leggy hits seem to get removed from all bos bosses (so even the Vindicator Zone?), it will move most setups to alot more melee in the future.
    And here you have it- the most warrior-melee spec you can think of. Allways melee, stands in fire, tries to count to 100 while playing
    4.5 MANUGO 'infinite dps'-2019-01-27_063550.jpg

The different Variants

Aprox every 5-6 secs you will gain a stack of Retaliation. On 20 stacks, the damage of Retaliation starts to surpass the dps of the Paragon abilities - then you simply deactivate Turn the Blade to get 30% more dmg on Retaliation without. -> on MANUGO hps you replace turn the Blade with Deep Breath's @20 stacks or right from the start.
    Retaliation proccs it's dmg (~80k) x Stacks /(max once a sec) which means on 20 stacks it's 1.6mil on any attacker.
    A boss bursting aoe damage or you getting attacked by the boss is bread and butter for this to work.

Default 51/21/4
    Spoiler!

HPS 51/18/6
    Spoiler!

PARA 61 by Fenrahel for a straight physical dps spec utilising the same Retaliation eventho not maxing it and focusing on Alacrity Burst.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...agon-61-a.html

Why what how
    Spoiler!

Three crosses on: Retaltiation does not count as aoe ability. Weapon Brothers or leggy Pacifying Strike do not count as dmg taken from a target but from yourself. Same with intercepts etc (sadly)

/Feb 18th now with Megelo links, adaptation of points and masteries, Aggressive Block
    wip
    Last edited by Shas; 06-15-2019 at 04:48 PM.

King of Slackers

Nothing new, old bug:

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Lightbulb

Hey big K,

if i remember right i mentioned in the forum that i surely am not the first one experimenting with that mechanic but surely am the one taking it further.
    Wasn't playing beta and pre bos so i may missed your vids there. Also i couldn't find anything in the forums like it by now.

Vid #1 Note that i am not using a random 'buged' ability to stack it for free but rather utilising different spec's mechanics for the gain.
    Vid #2 Retaliation works as intendet and without any stacking in your vid while getting attacked by 20+ mobs.

Would love to see you in the game at one point
    cheers
    Last edited by Shas; 02-06-2019 at 01:44 PM.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Wasn't playing beta and pre bos so i may missed your vids there. Also i couldn't find anything in the forums like it by now.
    While most bugs that never got fixed were reported via PM, there are still some sources here on the forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...s/bug-reports/

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-1-beyond.html
    Youtube
    Twitch

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    While most bugs that never got fixed were reported via PM, there are still some sources here on the forums: [...]
    Can't seem to find a single mention on Unleashed+Retaliation in either of your linked threats (as noted earlyer)

Also you may want to test them and see the downsides before calling it completely broken straight away (sorry if i got you wrong there)- The risk/ reward is high enough to make them some of the more challanging dps specs and surely situational ones. Playing it feels like Living Flame and Crystalline Misiles had a beautiful baby fed with Dark Souls.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Telaran

Is there an reason to not have Reaping Harvest in the ManugoLord macro right after Rising Waterfall?

edit* for a better start with ManugoLord you can swap some points around to go 2/2 Analyze Weakness
    e.g. 0/1 Sweeping Blades and only 2/3 Run Like the Wind

edit2* it's called Breaking Blow, not crushing^^ (oh and for some reason #Show doesn't work it needs to be a lower case "s")
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 02-07-2019 at 05:47 AM.

First of all called it! And yes it does start lagging after a certain amount of stacks.

There are plenty of downsides to this spec. You have to rely on the enemies hitting you. This is a lot tougher on boss encounters as some direct damage will insta kill you. On a lot of encounters passive aoe damage doesn't count as boss damage for some reason (Have no idea how that works) so the only way to deal damage is to taunt the boss and hope he doesn't one shot you. Cleave from bosses works most of the time but not all bosses cleave.

Maintaining stacks can be painful too. I was able to solo Beligosh both EM and NM with carefully timed golem kills. Tarjulia was a lot harder as I didn't have enough break frees to beat the stun and refresh my stacks. Council is doable, as long as you have two others that are on point with the reactive. Malannon works to a certain point, when tower spawns you have no way to maintain stacks.

This spec is very situational. I wouldn't call it overpowered as it takes a while for the damage to go up however it is abusing a bug. Retaliation shouldn't be stacking at all regardless of how it was achieved.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Default what i was hoping for

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    Is there an reason to not have Reaping Harvest in the ManugoLord macro right after Rising Waterfall?
    The same Reason you don't use it without Alacrity on 61 para. It doesn't procc way of the wind and having it in a 1b macro makes it being cast every >second gcd @1 and 2 combo points. Retaliation and A Quick Death enable you to use a followup attack already while Tranquility provides a little protection.
    -> on a dry dummy using Harvest after Waterfall it's total dmg isonly ~14% without retaproccs while being almost every second ability cast. Furthermore you may want to move 2 points into Swift Finesse to give it a raise while abilities like A Quick Death provide the same/ more dmg than a 3pt Harvest already.

Going with We stand United! on MGh where you want all the combopoints ready you can get, Reaping Harvest is too much of a change inbetween the two variants than it being an actual gain. (personaly play alot from animation and sound so jah feel free to give it a breakdown nevertheless)

edit* for a better start with ManugoLord you can swap some points around to go 2/2 Analyze Weakness
    e.g. 0/1 Sweeping Blades and only 2/3 Run Like the Wind
    Hell jeah fk me such a blunder ofc you go with that. Respecced it for the screenshot thanks.
    Rather skip Precise Strikes than not going for the Fleet of Foot bc not only Setting moon is below 3% total without Retaproccs - but once you are on a dead alternate target without charge and 3 secs to go that one and thunderous Leap is priceless.

edit2* it's called Breaking Blow, not crushing^^ (oh and for some reason #Show doesn't work it needs to be a lower case "s")
    le fixed

Talking

Hey Waseem,

thanks for the neutral feedback and taking your time asap to get into it. Never experienced laging so far. Finding a boss with 100%melee potential and frequent aoe damage/ fast attackrate was a challange at first since- yes you at one point almost 'oneshot' Azranel pillars when crossing a laser.
    To be honest, the way some specs clockwork-like match into each other sometimes seem like there was a Dev having a little fun with easter eggs.
    At this point i hope to provide a little warr 'content' and a fun toy to play around with while providing more than the default Reaver/ Tempest.

@2k At how many stacks it started laging for you?

@Dev Before going to 'fix' whatever here, tweak around on these first:

Lavafield shouldn't effect pets the way it does, the warr eternal shouldn't boost the healing you recieve from others, RB Bursts shouldn't have an internal cd, Shamans should Have Deep freeze(dmg) with10 stacks instead of 10 seconds, Doctrine of bliss should be off gcd and then initiationa gcd, Fervent Strike should provide 30%(15%) bonus and Icy Blow should have 1 stack @48% (such as harbinger got it's Rending Slash stacks combined while Rending slash should count as Primary Bolt), Clerics should be given a Totem with Eternal stats quality, Hellire Blades should effect only 2 targets, Rift Disturbance should provide Soul Synthesis, Physican and/ or Warden should get some passive aoe dmg such as Farseer, Beastmasater should get a Legendary 'Comand to attack' option while the defensive 5 min cds shouldn't show in the raidframes, Purifier should get it's passive damage and aoe healing cd potential back (it's fire- c'mon), Champion may get a little rework being less dependent on a single target [..]
    Last edited by Shas; 02-07-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Hey Waseem,

thanks for the neutral feedback and taking your time asap to get into it. Never experienced laging so far. Finding a boss with 100%melee potential and frequent aoe damage/ fast attackrate was a challange at first since- yes you at one point almost 'oneshot' Azranel pillars when crossing a laser.
    To be honest, the way some specs clockwork-like match into each other sometimes seem like there was a Dev having a little fun with easter eggs.
    At this point i hope to provide a little warr 'content' and a fun toy to play around with while providing more than the default Reaver/ Tempest.

@2k At how many stacks it started laging for you?
    It's around 40 stacks you start noticing it, quite a bit more on PTS. I used the tank dummies in the foundry. Around 60-70 stacks is when I notice other people around me start complaining every single time.

I tested a few different variants. I started with 51 Paragon and mostly in Warlord for raw damage boosts. I didn't feel like Strike Like Iron was really worth it so I went down to 48 to keep Way of the Wind and then 41 just so I could buff Retaliation as much as possible. Overall I found 61 Paragon to work the best as it provides decent burst at the beginning when you have no stacks.

I have also noticed that I can gain a steady stack every 3 seconds with Turn the Blade off. With it on it often takes 5-6 seconds. Some sort of ICD.

Lavafield shouldn't effect pets the way it does, the warr eternal shouldn't boost the healing you recieve from others, RB Bursts shouldn't have an internal cd, Shamans should Have Deep freeze(dmg) with10 stacks instead of 10 seconds, Doctrine of bliss should be off gcd and then initiationa gcd, Fervent Strike should provide 30%(15%) bonus and Icy Blow should have 1 stack @48% (such as harbinger got it's Rending Slash stacks combined while Rending slash should count as Primary Bolt), Clerics should be given a Totem with Eternal stats quality, Hellire Blades should effect only 2 targets, Rift Disturbance should provide Soul Synthesis, Physican and/ or Warden should get some passive aoe dmg such as Farseer, Beastmasater should get a Legendary 'Comand to attack' option while the defensive 5 min cds shouldn't show in the raidframes, Purifier should get it's passive damage and aoe healing cd potential back (it's fire- c'mon), Champion may get a little rework being less dependent on a single target [..]
    I agree, there are a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Warriors have been shafted a lot this expansion while rogues still get to play with Hellfire Blades. Trion devs really didn't know how to test things properly so Gamigo you have a lot of work ahead of you.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    I wouldn't call it overpowered as it takes a while for the damage to go up however it is abusing a bug. Retaliation shouldn't be stacking at all regardless of how it was achieved.
    That's the point, we had such "features" in the last few years and all got fixed. Rift was/is not balanced around:
    - procs procing procs
    - infinite increasing buffs/stacks (more than 2 StandTall, stacking leg+non-leg buffs, schockpulse, etc.)

Btw Comradery has never worked since the release of wc, beside the fact it was reported houndres of times of the years. Fixing/Enabling it would have made warrior a complete balance nightmare
    Youtube
    Twitch

Telaran

The same Reason you don't use it without Alacrity on 61 para. It doesn't procc way of the wind and having it in a 1b macro makes it being cast every >second gcd @1 and 2 combo points. Retaliation and A Quick Death enable you to use a followup attack already while Tranquility provides a little protection.
    -> on a dry dummy using Harvest after Waterfall it's total dmg isonly ~14% without retaproccs while being almost every second ability cast. Furthermore you may want to move 2 points into Swift Finesse to give it a raise while abilities like A Quick Death provide the same/ more dmg than a 3pt Harvest already.
    le fixed
    Reaping Harvest does procc Way of the Wind (only once of course)
    and for the macro, if your macro looks like this:
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast whatever builder
    - without combopoints, it will jump to the builders
    - if you used a builder, it will use Rising Waterfall
    - if you used Rising Waterfall, or can't use it because the buff that enables Follow-Up attacks is gone*, but got combopoints, it will use Reaping Harvest
    * since this is a spec that requires 100% melee uptime, this shouldn't be a problem

[...] jah feel free to give it a breakdown nevertheless)
    :V.............................................

Telaran

add a warrior offhand to that list

Reaping Harvest does procc Way of the Wind (only once of course)
    and for the macro, if your macro looks like this:
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast whatever builder
    - without combopoints, it will jump to the builders
    - if you used a builder, it will use Rising Waterfall
    - if you used Rising Waterfall, or can't use it because the buff that enables Follow-Up attacks is gone*, but got combopoints, it will use Reaping Harvest
    * since this is a spec that requires 100% melee uptime, this shouldn't be a problem
    Due to legendary Rising Waterfall's ability to trigger Way of the Wind multiple times compared to Reaping Harvest only triggering it once. It is better to get more RWs off, you lose a gcd when using Reaping Harvest and thus results in less dps. Icy Burst fits in nicely because it's off gcd.

Even the original 61 Paragon resulted in more dps when taking Reaping Harvest out. A single Rising Waterfall with Alacrity could trigger Way of the Wind 8 times. So getting more Rising Waterfalls out is the best way to go. Reaping Harvest is and always has been a terrible finisher.

And as Shas said, Retaliation and many other off gcd abilities enable the use of follow ups thus resulting in even more dps because you get Rising Waterfalls off back to back.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 02-09-2019 at 10:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast