+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Paragon 61

Soulwalker

Default Paragon 61

For the last 6 months since big warrior overhaul I've been using this spec with minor macro changes, it's simple to play cause it's 1button and makes insane dps in right circumstances(tho even without those special circumstances it pulls high dps nonetheless). Special thanks to Bigwabbit@Zaviel (Svarog@Typhiria) for creating it and modifying with me.

Build:https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...yGGGli/9f|PYX0

Legendaries:
    -Paragon; Alacrity,Rising Waterfall,Unleashed
    -Riftblade; Icy burst
    -Paladin; Retaliation

Buffs:
    Way of the wind,Way of the river(Way of the sun for solo play),Focus of body, Storm blade, Avatar of wind (Turn the blade, but it's in macro anyway)

Note: For best performance go to settings-action bars-set full ability queue

Macro;

#show Alacrity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Turn the blade
    cast Alacrity
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Retaliation
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Icy Burst
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Shield of Will
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    (this is not pvp, so feel free to use break free in macro-enjoy! )

Rotation(LOL)

1x Setting Moon - just spam macro
    Always open up with 1x Setting Moon (to apply Precise Strikes), then just spam macro
    And every time you have Grasping the horizon on cd you can go in range 15m, so no problem with disconnect, but you won't be able to cast Retaliation while in range cause it's not affected by this ability.

Note 2: For certain someone, retaliation stacks cause of legendary Unleashed
    Last edited by Fenharel; 02-06-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Ghilannan@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Deepwood

Isn't disconnect a direct loss?

May you be so kind to post a 5m parse with stats tx <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fenharel View Post
    Note 2: For certain someone, retaliation stacks cause of legendary Unleashed
    you don't even know ..

Addet this op to a 'Retaliation collection'.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Soulwalker

https://imgur.com/a/SeoJKFB
    Yes, you do lose stacks if too long in range, but I said it has no problem with disconnect cause unlike wl it isn't fully melee and you can play it on most bosses(all t1 and 1st t2).
    Also this is paragon build, not Retaliation simulator 3000, point of it is that it's easy and makes good dps + extra boost in situations where you take damage. It's practical and you don't have to track stacks and kalerts, you either make good dps or awesome dps when you have stacks.

Note; Forgot to add that you have to use dual weild and blue synergy crystal, but works well with 2h a well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paragon 61-2019-02-07_183228.jpg  
    Ghilannan@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Deepwood

don't get me wrong i love the bang for bucks and appreciate time went into making para great again. Para turned into one of the stronger cleave specs defenitly having a spot in the game

Soulwalker

You spent 75 soul points only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadenie View Post
    You spent 75 soul points only.
    61 + 11 + 4 = 76 :P How do you figure?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Soulwalker

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    61 + 11 + 4 = 76 :P How do you figure?
    It was 10 spent on Riftblade.

Been using this spec in open world and IROTP with pretty decent results. Great job on the build!
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

With my current gear, I pull 715K with this spec and 800K with rift blade. Am I in the right spot or missing something ?

Just want to be sure that I'm not totally out of the scope here

Retaliation procs when you take damage and it's a slow build up over time. You won't see any results on a target dummy or fights without environmental damage or cleave to proc it.
    Last edited by Skiye; 02-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Thanks a lot for this information, didn't notice this point.

Nice seeing more and more people on your paragon instead of tempest!

A couple ideas for improvement:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...yGGGli/9f|TuP0

The 61 mastery 61 shieldwall makes Retaliation refresh AggressiveBlock (which increases the dmg from Retaliation by 5%) and that way Aggressive Block may only needs to be cast once.

Riftblade: Since you are refreshing Icy burst once a second the legendary bonus barely takes real effect while icy stays on 1-2 combopoints and mainly proccs Scald. Try Flame Spear!

On longer fights you want to go with Steady Strikes as it increases all dmg and Retaliation greatly benefits form it.
    For maximum Paragon Burst potential you go Ethereal Strikes.
    (Not only is it on equal 3-4% total as Deliberate Strikes- which only really is useful on horrible gear - Eteral Strikes also is a beast on Sweeping Blades)
    but furthermore does the damage from Eteral Strikes procc Flame Spear again making it 7-8% total damage quickly.

I got 1.2mil hits from Flame Spear @12k average in 3 mins (dummy)
    [Unfortunately leg. Flame Spear does not procc on the leg. Retaliation passive - tested on Anrak hm]

As for refreshing Flame Spear every 10 seconds: Your Alacrity has stacks which takes every pressure from you maxing it's potential while Retaliation takes care about getting Rising Waterfall out.
    ->leg Flame Spear on 61para 11rb 4pala -> refresh Flame Spear after REtaliation granted youa Rising Waterfall for minimum gcd loss.

For a nice and bursty variant with a little better disconnect (in tdem etc) you can go 61Para 15Rb 0Tempest
    As not all encounter radiate damage or doing that very slow/ uncontrolled. (On Tarjula your Retaliation will mainly hit the fiery voids which don't care about it and fake dps)
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ayGGGli/V|PuP0
    Paragon 61-2019-02-24_072449.jpg

Eteral Strikes seems to have gotten a ninjafix as they procced on passive Retaliation a month ago - which might have procced leg Flame Spear.
    Once we find a way to make Flame Spear tick the numbers from the tooltip this might be something to look for
    cheers
    Last edited by Shas; 03-07-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Soulwalker

-Etheral Strikes make really bigger burst, but it goes so much up and down that i only use it for aoe (clering trash mobs) in longer than 4min fight isn't really beneficial

-Flamespear just hits less, in theory makes sense in practice not, unless my gear and missing 4 frags make that difference

-Taking Burning blood instead of Elemental Precision on soultree gives me 10% chance to hit 6%ap as fire damage, while Way of the Wind,Icy Burst, Sclad and Fiery burst are all elemental dmg and with Elemental Precision all get permanent 2% of ignoring resistances. Phys attacks are contered with armour, while non phys with resistances, so for non phys attacks ignoring resistances is actually extra dmg

-For taking Shield wall mastery, inconclusive, 5% more for retaliation but it makes you squishier and since you need to take dmg I can see it as useful when you have healer not so much for soloing

edit; just saw that I've made a lapsus, meant way of the wind, fixed now xD
    Last edited by Fenharel; 02-26-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Ghilannan@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Typhiria
    Ashabelanar@Deepwood

-Etheral Strikes make really bigger burst, but it goes so much up and down that i only use it for aoe (clering trash mobs) in longer than 4min fight isn't really beneficial

-Flamespear just hits less, in theory makes sense in practice not, unless my gear and missing 4 frags make that difference [...]
    Since you don't play para to minmax, i thought about the situations where this bad boy comes at had. The results are RR tdenm and dungeons. All of them have short and fragmented fights with disconnects while barely any of those encounters really radiates damage. Making Retaliation only taking effect as direct hit neglects the legendary bonus of it. At this point i tinkered around Retaliationa nd leg Flame Spear but leg Icy Burst + Flame Spear comes out on top requiring >15Points Riftblade. Tempest provides a dmg gain and ranged autoattacks for 0 points. Eventho spending a second point in scald and more in nonphys, the pure amount of ticks your get from FS is -and i think that's the main point of your build- fun to play.
    Leg Flame Spear damage seems to not suffer from the Sweeping Blades dmg penalty.

[...]Taking Burning blood instead of Elemental Precision on soultree gives me 10% chance to hit 6%ap as fire damage, while Rising Waterfall,Icy Burst, Sclad and Fiery burst are all elemental dmg and with Elemental Precision all get permanent 2% of ignoring resistances.[...]
    Burning Blood being one of the worst points to spend in the game, still we may want some actual numbers about armor and resist in pve - at this point it sounds more like an assumption - proof me wrong

[...]Phys attacks are contered with armour, while non phys with resistances, so for non phys attacks ignoring resistances is actually extra dmg[...]
    Totally didn't know about the different variants of damage reduction :^)

[...]For taking Shield wall mastery, inconclusive, 5% more for retaliation but it makes you squishier and since you need to take dmg I can see it as useful when you have healer not so much for soloing[...]
    Retaliation is either something around 3-4% total or 30%+(Silgen) total damage. There must be a reason to run it as legendary. Way of the Sun heals fairly well for all melee purposes the 4.5para is getting used for. Not running Stand tall! makes Endouring sourvival laughibly weak.
    Not working into Retaliation makes the para able to run 2Riftblade, 13 Warlord with block and taunt while the passive points of WL makes up for all the % you lose to unliock Scald and trading a couple dmg% for far more utility (Taunt, Recovery Posture, Battlefield Medic)
    61 Para 2 RB 13 WL

I can imagine you guys spent time with variants like this already.
    I just think the Flame Spear variant has better disconnect management and burst; but falls slightly behind once you are in a fight which gets Reta to work. Atm i am having both specs.

I think i can remember leg Retaliation proccing Ethereal Strikes a month back . Not sure about it - seems to have gotten a ninjafix. Would have been one hell of a combination.

//Late edit: Just found out Ethereal Strikes and Leggy Flame spear is around for a while now with a different priority setup(61para 9rb 6temp?). Atm i see it as a beginner friendly spec being not that afk as Tempest/ Reaver and a warmup for RB/ WL.
    Before first entering raids and planning to go 61 paragon in irotp 1-3 plese take a look at Warlord as it grants many opporunities to make up for bad gear.

//Late edit: The performance of Rising Waterfall and all it's dependent proccs is insanely random - so expect to do a couple parses until you get an average number. [2-6+ (4-12+)] Rising Waterfall swings per use.

When not having badluck it should surpass Shamans already (will compare today) //

// Flame Spear Para does same/ more than a min maxing pro shaman rn and is the king of tdem. 80%+ runspeed, good range options, high burst. Riftblade can heal tdem but it's em cmon. AFK preload Alacrity as you can only benefit from having the stacks and the cd running. Shorter fights: Rebuff Alacrity when the stacks are gone. Longer fights: Rebuff asap.
    Takes you ~30 secs to burn Alacrity with a 1min cd
    Last edited by Shas; 02-26-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Here you go

Paragon 61-2019-02-26_230357.jpg
    Paragon 61-2019-02-26_230618.jpg

Pretty much utilising flaring power by almost 100% bursting for 1 minute straight.

Was on ~1,330m for 1:30 before the default cd block kicked in.

2 min: still 1.2m
    Don't forget that it is brutally proccheavy and differs alot from engage to engage. Also you trade potential against easy-to-play. Mainly playing for the runspeed, glowing blades and the rainbow effect from Rising Waterfall

Paragon 61-2019-02-26_231939.jpg

Taste the rainbow.

Code:
    #show Rising Waterfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast combat Focus
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Alacrity
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by Shas; 02-27-2019 at 08:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast