+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 4.5 Warrior Tanks

So I really love the void knight build btw, it's been really fun to play I ended up discovering more things that I believe are worth bringing up.

Legendary Reckless Strike is both a truth and a lie at the same time, it does refresh when skills from other souls are used but after a certain amount of refreshes it stops refreshing, idk if this is even useful information but since it's legendary effect helps a lot in gaining pacts I've been putting it on an easy to access part of the bar.

Also on your extra macro, I feel like Void Storm should be above Ragestorm, although Ragestorm does consume pacts it doesn't get any modification from the consumption of pacts so it does significantly less damage than Voidstorm altogether. You probably already know this but I still feel like it should be pointed out.

Hoping this info helps out. Like I said this soul is pretty fun to play.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ariguth View Post
    Legendary Reckless Strike is both a truth and a lie at the same time, it does refresh when skills from other souls are used but after a certain amount of refreshes it stops refreshing, idk if this is even useful information but since it's legendary effect helps a lot in gaining pacts I've been putting it on an easy to access part of the bar.
    Yes legendary Reckless Strike refreshes ca. 20 times before blocking it and running out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariguth View Post
    Also on your extra macro, I feel like Void Storm should be above Ragestorm, although Ragestorm does consume pacts it doesn't get any modification from the consumption of pacts so it does significantly less damage than Voidstorm altogether. You probably already know this but I still feel like it should be pointed out.
    Rage Storm: Requires a melee target and spreads damage around that target. Technically a melee hit with benefits. It also proccs Destructive Forces (Reckless Strike, Rage Storm and Devouring Blow trigger it| 4th row in the skilltree below the green one)

Void Storm does a Flat aoe hit without demanding a target.

That macro is mainly meant as a pact consumer button.
    Last i checked, Rage Storm + Eternal Destructive Forces > Void Storm dmg wise.

Void Storm here acts as a backup when the VK's target is not infront of him in melee range. So Void Storm acts as a pact consuming- and higher damage option before falling back to Tempest.

Target aoe vs independent aoe:

When you are standing in 100 mobs, Rage Storm will always hit your target (boss). Raw independent aoe swings like Void Storm or Tempest may not hit the boss for many gcd's.
    So besides gimmics like Destructive Forces, a target + aoe effect (Cleric hammer) is preferable as it gives tanks more control. It will reliably bind and damage the boss/ priority target and use the aoe more of a splash effect.

At least how i see it. Feel free to test around!
    Last edited by Shas; 10-15-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Wink

Reworked (mainly VK) after Stand Tall! changes.

Makeshift eternal loop is still about applying Guardbuffs aswell as Accord of the Rift / Protector's Fury with the Eternal running.

Stand Tall eternal-looping was never a ST based thing but occours with all abilities/buffs that add flat healing %. - such as leggy Liberation Treatment.

Guardbuffs will only inject st heals.
    However this allows to still re-inject 1- 5 eternal boni on Vk & Pala, able to amp 58Vk up to 1mil-1.5mil hps.

Update your build&macros

/cheers Windy for testing and input
    /Point out mistakes
    Last edited by Shas; 01-27-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

Cant say about 1st and 2nd build but trash panda build looks absolutely trashy. First of all you dont need SPE's, you should go EoA as warrior ASAP after leveling your character to 70.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...xg/!7t88g|TsPM
    This is absolutely god mode, which allows you to tank Allajax without heals with green gear without eternal weapon. Remember that all you know about EoA tanking is a lie. You should maintain your L.Retaliation, make few hits and lose your threat as soon as possible, so it allows you to use your taunt and take less damage. 18wc IWY/WSU/CYB healing is insane, dont waste your energy for anything other including threat generation. Never use your Deep Breaths/ST if you dont have eternal weapon. Just heal yourself when you take damage. If you drop below 60% hp use your Shield Defense or Phalanx.
    UPD: in EoA set this one is truly immortal without EW. You can even save people from Smash without Intercept by using Phalanx / Wall of Light on them
    UPD2: you usually want to switch to 40/36 healing hybrid if you have EoA gear for additional utility if you group have +- low dps (VK for Allajax)
    UPD3: for Frezhak you need perfect threat build if you go "usual way". For fair way you can just use taunt.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 02-26-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Soulwalker

hi so i just returned to the game after couple of years and was trying to make a new toon as a oc pala so far only lvl 35 but is it any way viable to use your build from first post? i tend to get issues with power when the chanter buff is on :/

which tank build is the best currently for a warrior? or what should i go for during leveling as dps and doing dungeons solo or with group?

will the oc pala build work without this eternal (whatever that is) ??

Quote Originally Posted by DRAUGAMARTH View Post
    hi so i just returned to the game after couple of years and was trying to make a new toon as a oc pala so far only lvl 35 but is it any way viable to use your build from first post? i tend to get issues with power when the chanter buff is on :/

which tank build is the best currently for a warrior? or what should i go for during leveling as dps and doing dungeons solo or with group?

will the oc pala build work without this eternal (whatever that is) ??
    Those 3 are meant for lvl 70 with Eternal.

Paladin is a superior pick with emphasis on damage, high block and selfheals.
    -> You can basically use the Oc Pala. Simply don't buff Deep Breaths at all, use Jolt manually and Pacifying instead of Seasoned Strike.
    Otherwise you can use literaly what you want as offsouls for 61 Paladin. Beastmaster+Riftblade for remarkable runspeed, 8Paragon for reduced gcd, Tempest for ranged attacks, 11Warlord to pull mobs and 'block without shield'.
    Trashpanda again without Deep Breaths should also work fairly well (emphasising on on giving the healer maximum support by 'spamming' absorbs- will drain power over longer fights though.

Once you keep targets under control, give the healer a chance to keep you up and dps to unfold their potential (usually going in quick consecutive chunks of 3-8 mobs) you can very much finetune specs to your liking.

But good input i will probably add something for all level ranges in a bit.

->
    Eternal is a special Weapontype only for lvl 70 pve. It will turn how you use power 180 around.(activating massive boni and power regeneration after you wasted enough- making builds favor expensive abilities and reg blockers.
    Last edited by Shas; 04-01-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Hey Shas thanks for the fast response

yeah i am currently not using deep breaths as it doesnt allow for using skills alot and am going with the oc pala build but not using the macros yet. is the eternal for warrior both 1 and 2h? or would i need to choose one over other?

if you could also add some quick video of your oc pala with rotation and stuff that would be remarkable though dont wanna make you do a lot of work as i can see you already doing plenty

i think i will try the paragon for chanter for the gcd and will let you know how it works for me

btw what about mage tanking too? is it still viable to go for it?
    Last edited by DRAUGAMARTH; 04-01-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Hey check this site it's the answer to most questions

https://www.cadrift.net/quests/saga-...nal-weapon-70/

Eternal is like a tamagochi you feed and slowly build up over time. The power mechanic is there from the start, only stats&bonus increases.
    You start with a 2h (what Trashpanda was designed for (block without shield))
    On the semi last stage you get a 1h+shield for free ontop.
    The onehand can also be used for dual wielding etc.
    You won't really use other weapons than that in pve.

Rift is like smoking for me and i try to get over it in a healthy way.
    It is true i really barely did any videos for things which is a shame. Should have gone for nvidia and it's shadowplay back then. Amd suddenly introduced a thing where ANY active program that could have copyrighted things would block the recording. And i would not close the browser&restart pc while 9ppl are ready to pull a boss.

Oc Pala looks like the Trashpanda video, but with the hp bar being full all the time.

Just take my Promise that 70 tanks are very self sufficient. Oc Pala is pretty much immortal on anything but raw oneshots. The more things that attack you, the more you heal and blast damage. (check tooltip for Legendary Light's Balm+ Protector's Fury lol)
    Just a holy little spikeball on crack.
    Pala doesn't really have a rotation. It used to have no aoe, using a main target to splash dmg from but Sweepimg Strike lost it's cooldown. Palas main tools are the 3 ogcd hits like Retaliation. They used to be "following a succesful block" but now have no real restriction. Combo points aren't really important. Focus on getting threat, gather and shepeherd mobs and find the balance between pulls and healing stress.

Magetank 'Arbiter' has always been S tier since it came out. The set he gets to 'make up for cloth' is a benchmark for other tanks. Rift has a history givin the one class something its not supposed to have (mage meelee, mage tank, warri heal etc) and simply combine the strongest ideas into one.(Arbiter mainly drawing from.Void Knight and Riftstalker) This leads to what it is: Classes being good at exactly what nobody would think.
    Tanks also got normalised quickly. Same armor same resist but Arbiter kept all his toys and passives- while having remarkable offsoul options for even more sourviveability. (Paladin used to have no range, weak aoe and got 4 taunts for that - now with range&aoe it still has 4 (up to 5) taunts- you get the idea) dditionaly half of it's utility can be used for allies which makes it a Main and offtank pick.
    Weakness is raw threat and damage - but practise and a now common exploit on an offsoul very much deleted those into no weaknesses.
    It is fun, relyable and what i would bring to carry a stuck group. Can quickly be overkill mitigation so you focus on healing/protecting others.

Btw looks like we have a troll in forums since a while who is a real pest. Best to put on ignore.
    Last edited by Shas; 04-01-2021 at 02:43 AM.

Soulwalker

yeah i used to play arbiter in eee long ago on lvl 60 am lvling it up now too to lvl 70 but it is good to know it is still working though still using my old build 61 arb 11 warlock 4 storm on it need to try the chloro build for it tooo

thanks for the link btw really nicely explained and not only for eternal

check your PM
    Last edited by DRAUGAMARTH; 04-01-2021 at 02:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3