+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 4.5 Warrior Tanks

So I really love the void knight build btw, it's been really fun to play I ended up discovering more things that I believe are worth bringing up.

Legendary Reckless Strike is both a truth and a lie at the same time, it does refresh when skills from other souls are used but after a certain amount of refreshes it stops refreshing, idk if this is even useful information but since it's legendary effect helps a lot in gaining pacts I've been putting it on an easy to access part of the bar.

Also on your extra macro, I feel like Void Storm should be above Ragestorm, although Ragestorm does consume pacts it doesn't get any modification from the consumption of pacts so it does significantly less damage than Voidstorm altogether. You probably already know this but I still feel like it should be pointed out.

Hoping this info helps out. Like I said this soul is pretty fun to play.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ariguth View Post
    Legendary Reckless Strike is both a truth and a lie at the same time, it does refresh when skills from other souls are used but after a certain amount of refreshes it stops refreshing, idk if this is even useful information but since it's legendary effect helps a lot in gaining pacts I've been putting it on an easy to access part of the bar.
    Yes legendary Reckless Strike refreshes ca. 20 times before blocking it and running out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariguth View Post
    Also on your extra macro, I feel like Void Storm should be above Ragestorm, although Ragestorm does consume pacts it doesn't get any modification from the consumption of pacts so it does significantly less damage than Voidstorm altogether. You probably already know this but I still feel like it should be pointed out.
    Rage Storm: Requires a melee target and spreads damage around that target. Technically a melee hit with benefits. It also proccs Destructive Forces (Reckless Strike, Rage Storm and Devouring Blow trigger it| 4th row in the skilltree below the green one)

Void Storm does a Flat aoe hit without demanding a target.

That macro is mainly meant as a pact consumer button.
    Last i checked, Rage Storm + Eternal Destructive Forces > Void Storm dmg wise.

Void Storm here acts as a backup when the VK's target is not infront of him in melee range. So Void Storm acts as a pact consuming- and higher damage option before falling back to Tempest.

Target aoe vs independent aoe:

When you are standing in 100 mobs, Rage Storm will always hit your target (boss). Raw independent aoe swings like Void Storm or Tempest may not hit the boss for many gcd's.
    So besides gimmics like Destructive Forces, a target + aoe effect (Cleric hammer) is preferable as it gives tanks more control. It will reliably bind and damage the boss/ priority target and use the aoe more of a splash effect.

At least how i see it. Feel free to test around!
    Last edited by Shas; 10-15-2020 at 03:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3