+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 4.5 Warrior Tanks

Addet a little something without eternal on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Addet a little something without eternal on the bottom.
    I see a lot of focus in macros, dumb question but do you focus the boss or?
    Pls respond

Quote Originally Posted by ShayolGhul88 View Post
    I see a lot of focus in macros, dumb question but do you focus the boss or?
    Default key for that is Shift+F, i have it on Ctrl+F
    You can set and change your focus at any time. It should add as a second sticky target to track (for casts) and focus abilities such as interrupt.
    Clear the focus by pressing the hotkey at no target.

On Gyell 2nd boss you can set focus at the big dog when it spawns.- for interrupts, without missing a beat on healing.

The @ lines are just there to maximise the chance for your ogcd swings to connect while you interact with something at distance.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-17-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Default key for that is Shift+F, i have it on Ctrl+F
    You can set and change your focus at any time. It should add as a second sticky target to track (for casts) and focus abilities such as interrupt.
    Clear the focus by pressing the hotkey at no target.

On Gyell 2nd boss you can set focus at the big dog when it spawns.- for interrupts, without missing a beat on healing.

The @ lines are just there to maximise the chance for your ogcd swings to connect while you interact with something at distance.
    I'm running the purple eternal working on my SPE, not a lot of dmg but definitely easy to pull and and survive, though some big hits have knocked me down to 60%ish. The target heal macro, not sure when to use them or on whom.
    Last edited by ShayolGhul88; 05-17-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Pls respond

Quote Originally Posted by ShayolGhul88 View Post
    I'm running the purple eternal working on my SPE, not a lot of dmg but definitely easy to pull and and survive, though some big hits have knocked me down to 60%ish. The target heal macro, not sure when to use them or on whom.
    Check the pov vid. It will not be a walk in the park.

I personaly like when there is the option to make up for bad gear with extra effort.
    Instead of getting carried through your dungeons as one of 3 dds and only doing some 250k-300k dps, you can do 2 jobs at once which both bypass the low dmg crutch.

Tank + heal is something that the absolute majority of players in bis gear isn't comfortable doing to this day. (T2 61tanks with T2 61 healers)

So you do the job of 2 geared people while barely meeting the requirements yourself.

1) There are encounter where you take ALOT of dmg (Darkening deeps trash, EoA) where you need all heals available.

2) Some encounter will damage your team eventho you have all threat (Gyel bosses)

You can use the st/threat macro while targeting the allies taking hits.
    But let's say The Bloom cast on the Tuath de Bear went through and everyone has a hard hitting dot on them.

That button alone is your *mmorpg st dungeon healer*

Besides taking the hits and staying allive, as a Tank+heal you ofc also have to heal others standing in fire.

#target heal simply has a greater focus on st heal output over the *attack+heal* versions.
    Once you have the basic threat of everything, you may use it alot- even on yourself, to maximise hps.

You are not a tank with some heals, you are the Tank and the Healer. So ofc you are expected to do both jobs as good as 2 people.

One more detail. You can differentiate between a healer and a heal carry.
    A healer does the minimum. He will heal against basic mechanics when everyone stays safe.
    A heal carry can make up for other people's mistakes and catch them when they **** up.
    With the Steve o Pala you can even Heal carry to a certain extend (Phallanx!, Intercept, target absorbs).
    The build is ment to run an extra dps in the group in order to speed up things and gives you the best value for low dps gear. But you can also see it as a way to take pressure off people and load it onto yourself like a single mom with 4 kids.

You will encounter people who really have a death wish and do everything to take massive damage on avoidable things. Don't take it personaly when those onebuttons talk trash. Kick them and find yourself some Rogues ;)

I had 150k dds droping a random *learn to play* after 3 Spe.

- Even if you happen to die on something- you are still way faster than the T2 boys with 2 ready checks and also learn far more than any fresh 70 who gets carried through.

Actual practise while going for better gear is worth more than the gear itself.

Rather have people wipe in an Spe bc they are bad than speedrunning 2 without learn effect.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-17-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Soulwalker

I started with the original build in this thread - but updated to your recent "without EW" build since I'm working with the EW that has the SPE req.

It's a solid build, my ST DPS is about ~40% what the original build is - but this one keeps me alive a lot better. Only tanked 1 SPE as I am still learning some of the fights/glitch spots/short cuts (returning player). But when I subbed into DD after our tank was using a VK spec, it did very well. Even fought the spider boss without 2 dps (couldn't summon them as a spider glitched and we were in combat). Did that fight with a TDEZ geared healer who was webbed most of the fight and a ~250-300k DPS warrior. Had a few close calls but was able to stay up and keep the DPS up.

For testing purposes I entered EoA alone and tanked the first boss (not in glitch spot) to see survivability and was able to keep myself up for 6ish minutes before I called it since it would take a solid ~25 minutes to dps it down myself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sorryiwasnapping View Post
    I started with the original build in this thread - but updated to your recent "without EW" build since I'm working with the EW that has the SPE req.

It's a solid build, my ST DPS is about ~40% what the original build is - but this one keeps me alive a lot better. Only tanked 1 SPE as I am still learning some of the fights/glitch spots/short cuts (returning player). But when I subbed into DD after our tank was using a VK spec, it did very well. Even fought the spider boss without 2 dps (couldn't summon them as a spider glitched and we were in combat). Did that fight with a TDEZ geared healer who was webbed most of the fight and a ~250-300k DPS warrior. Had a few close calls but was able to stay up and keep the DPS up.

For testing purposes I entered EoA alone and tanked the first boss (not in glitch spot) to see survivability and was able to keep myself up for 6ish minutes before I called it since it would take a solid ~25 minutes to dps it down myself lol.
    Give it a go without a healer. Focus on holding threat and keeping everyone allive. 4dps slots should more than make up for anything you can squeeze out on dps with that wep ;P
    Last edited by Shas; 05-20-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Soulwalker

Give it a go without a healer. Focus on holding threat and keeping everyone allive. 4dps slots should more than make up for anything you can squeeze out on dps with that wep ;P
    well ran darkening deeps today and our rogue with less than 200K hp had some burst AOE that got him killed a bit. definitely not used to trying to maintain threat, keep myself up, and keep everyone else up. there was at least 1 wipe where i over pulled and focused too much on aoe and didn't heal myself (and i guess healer didn't either). definitely a learning process
    Last edited by sorryiwasnapping; 05-21-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sorryiwasnapping View Post
    well ran darkening deeps today and our rogue with less than 200K hp had some burst AOE that got him killed a bit. definitely not used to trying to maintain threat, keep myself up, and keep everyone else up. there was at least 1 wipe where i over pulled and focused too much on aoe and didn't heal myself (and i guess healer didn't either). definitely a learning process

Don't pull more than your dd's can kill easily.

Pulling more than 5 mobs without capeable aoe dps is not helping anyone ;P

When starting Darkening Deeps and you reach the wooden bridge, -> stop and wait ontop of the wooden bridge section for 6-10 sec. This will make the adds down below clump up nicely and much easyer to burn, cc and control later on.
    Then, once you are down, don't leave the wooden section. The clumped up adds will be exactly on the bottom of the last 5 meter of the bridge (instead of being spread around the burning pile). Spamming Heals all the way down should preload some threat already and you can then jump down and hit them with self cd's and cc ready (If you rush, adds will be saparated and take 3 times+ as long to kill).

Also, doing the little wait ontop of the Bridge for your team will have some of the mobs down below clipping up to you which makes them easyer targets and removes them from the big pile. I had runs where no mob was left once we reached the end of the Bridge.

Line of sight, running out melee range (sprinting through mob groups, outranging them here and there) aswell as using aoe summons and aoe stuns will prevent alot of damage taken which you never have to heal back up.

See the vid at exactly 1:28
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4k6DtQ1CI

I droped fairly low and ran 2 meter to the side to avoid some melee swings. The 30% cd Shield Defense did not activate due to lags so that little move may already safed me. ^^

Melee mobs can attack while moving but sudden movement from your side will outrange them for a short while. You can try to strafe left- right and rubberband melee mobs on the sport if they hit too hard. Manualy avoiding hits every 3 seconds can make a huge difference. More extreme would be to use some sort of wall or rock and swich from one side to another,(Cave after 1st boss Darkening Deeps) leaving melee and caster mobs with alot of broken line of sight while the overall area for aoe dps remains mostly the same.

For the Low Hp Rogue, you still have Phallanx! and Amnesty!

You can use Judgement, Purify Land and Call of Divine to force mobs to attack you while running by. Combined, they are 9 seconds of which mobs can not swich target off you. - While you smash in a couple Sweeping Strikes to get a hold.
    Purify Land has a delayed effect and is a great tool to pull a whole room / separated groups quickly.

-> When pullling alot of things, like the Darkening Deeps hives before the Spider Boss, i recommend giving it 1-2 Sweeping Strikes to make sure they do not go after any dps with selfheals.
    Get a feel on what sort of dps you have in the group from the start since that dictates how and how much you setup engages.
    Warlocks and 58 Eles will generate alot of threat. Rogues usually just melt stuff around you- a good Rogue can casually burn 3mil+ and will help you to stop for nothing. Warrior Riftblades have -50% base threat, can heal support, aoe stun and are great on finishing off low hp targets which reduces your overall dmg taken.

With alot of Primalists and Clerics, you just pull a little less and have them burn down smaller groups in a quick order.

Make sure everyone is up for the ride before speedrunning alone. ^^

I love that you go the self sufficient path. You will be able to try soloing SPE as Riftblade in notime.

Soulwalker

Don't pull more than your dd's can kill easily.
    this whole post was so helpful, thank you!

Soulwalker

guild had me tank TDEZ today and i used this build (or rather the second one in OP). ~413K HP and around 8.5% guard. Went really well - we had good dps/heals and I don't think i ever dropped below 50-60%. was able to toss off heals on the spider boss as well.

definitely getting comfortable with it.

//updateronis. Renamed the op and now combining the most interesting options for a 70' warr tank.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-16-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Thank you for the update!

Hello, I experimented a bit and just recently discovered that the Combat Medic perk from Warchanter does not buff the damage for Legendary Seasoned Strike.
    Would those points be better spent elsewhere for Void Knight build?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariguth View Post
    Hello, I experimented a bit and just recently discovered that the Combat Medic perk from Warchanter does not buff the damage for Legendary Seasoned Strike.
    Would those points be better spent elsewhere for Void Knight build?
    Servers down atm. Will double check it in a bit and see what's up with it. Thanks for the heads up.

Will edit this post with results.

Combat Medic is super unimportant- but it's a bug, Legendary Seasoned Strike does not recieve the bonus.
    good call

Last edited by Shas; 09-30-2020 at 07:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast