+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guard

Rift Disciple

Default Guard

How much Guard should I be looking to get as a paladin tank? I'm seeing so many numbers, anywhere from 4k to 10k. Yet it soft caps at 12% or 4k. I'm lost.

Plane Touched

What tier of raid are you doing? It changes for each tier. The tooltip in game is wrong.

Tier 1: 4500
    Tier 2: 8500
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    What tier of raid are you doing? It changes for each tier. The tooltip in game is wrong.

Tier 1: 4500
    Tier 2: 8500
    Thank you for a definate answer.

Soulwalker

The idea of 10k Guard comes from mechanics where your guard is reduced during the battle- IROTP Priest is a good example of this. Each stack reduces guard and armor. You lose 1k guard per stack. if you have over 10k Guard, you can typically solo tank high priest battle without any issues, leaving only the last 60 seconds of the fight guard less. You should be able to utilize cool downs to get through it etc. Is it necessary? No, but makes for entertaining discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathisnow View Post
    The idea of 10k Guard comes from mechanics where your guard is reduced during the battle- IROTP Priest is a good example of this. Each stack reduces guard and armor. You lose 1k guard per stack. if you have over 10k Guard, you can typically solo tank high priest battle without any issues, leaving only the last 60 seconds of the fight guard less. You should be able to utilize cool downs to get through it etc. Is it necessary? No, but makes for entertaining discussions.
    You can solo tank priest with 6.5k guard, as long as you have a good healer its possible, dps just need to burn down the add during hide phase. Lib is a good choice because of its shielding capability and if Cil can heal me in Lib without ever playing it before then im sure other people can!
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You can solo tank priest with 6.5k guard, as long as you have a good healer its possible, dps just need to burn down the add during hide phase. Lib is a good choice because of its shielding capability and if Cil can heal me in Lib without ever playing it before then im sure other people can!
    Who is Cil?

+ Reply to Thread