+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Waseem2k
  • 1 Post By Waseem2k

Thread: 4.5 - Warlord Guide

Default 4.5 - Warlord Guide

DISCLAIMER:
    I will never claim to have the best spec and rotation. This spec is the best one I've found so far, others may find a better one. I will update as time goes on.

With Piercing Thrust fixed and the buff to Everything is a Weapon. Warlord gained a significant dps increase and has acquired the competitive status. Still lacks on disconnects though so use Riftblade if there is a lot of that. This is my highest parsing spec atm.

Spec: 61 WL / 13 Para / 2 RB
    Masteries: 65: Power Manipulation | 64: Ethereal Strikes | 63: Any | 62: Any | 61: Any
    Legendaries: Ready Posture | Everything is a Weapon | A Quick Death | Icy Burst | Swift Strike
    Buffs: Ready Posture | Deadly Posture | Storm Blade | Way of the River | Turn the Blade | Focus of Body (Outside raids)

Macros:
    #show A Quick Death
    cast Icy Burst
    cast A Quick Death

#show King of the Hill
    cast King of the Hill
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

#show Piercing Thrust
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

#show Decisive Strike
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

You also want to have Breaking Blow and Swift Strike on your bars.

Opener:
    Swift Strike > Breaking Blow

Rotation:
    A Builder Macro > AQD Macro

- Your rotation will always be Builder > Finisher except for when you need to refresh Legendary Tactics
    - Your main builders will be KotH and PT.
    - Only use Decisive Strike after a KotH, it will crit and not consume the crit buff allowing your next PT to still crit. Other than that, PT > DS
    - When you need to refresh Legendary Tactics, do it after a PT before the next AQD
    - Replace any AQD with BB to refresh Shatter

Cooldown Block:
    KotH > AQD > PT > AQD (Repeat until KotH goes on Cooldown, Use DS next)

- Go through a full rotation of KotH, DS and PT before popping Battlefield Experience
    - Make sure to refresh Legendary Tactics and Shatter before the cooldown block so it doesn't fall off during it
    - When KotH goes on cooldown, use Decisive Strike next.

Notes:
    - You will be consuming your second Everything is a Weapon proc with either Backhand or Arterial Strike.
    - Arterial should have close to 100% uptime
    - Both Arterial and Backhand trigger a cooldown for the other. This should be enough delay to not consume the second ability unbuffed. If you have both going off in one GCD, you may want to move them out of the macros and cast them separately.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 07-17-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Disciple

I hate that this does more than the version i was messing with... However, comparing the two, our physical dmg numbers are not significantly different: leading me to believe that the new L.BB is buggered up. I think it's only counting the 10% given in the description, and not the 50% on a 3pt finisher.

Thanks for the tidbit about Decisive though.

Edit: In fact, after just checking... the debuff on the enemy is in fact only showing -10% armor, despite using a 3pt finisher...
    Last edited by Xethx; 07-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks very much for the build.
    I do have a question though... When would I use this over riftblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I think it's only counting the 10% given in the description, and not the 50% on a 3pt finisher.
    Honestly, I've never found abilities that bypass armour or resists to be all that useful. Might be decent in pvp but in raids it's never made much of a difference for me. So whether it's 10% or 50%, I don't think it would matter too much. Just my opinion though.

On another note, I did try your version. Dropping AQD is just a huge dps loss. Especially since you can't use it until 70%. BB could be better if it worked correctly. I really hate the Icy Bursts in my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    Thanks very much for the build.
    I do have a question though... When would I use this over riftblade?
    When you can melee forever and don't require a lot of cleave though the cleave is still decent in this spec. Ereandorn, Beruhast, Silgen, Beligosh, Tarjulia, Council, Isiel, Titan.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 07-18-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Telaran

edit* nevermind
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 07-18-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    So whether it's 10% or 50%, I don't think it would matter too much. Just my opinion though.

Dropping AQD is just a huge dps loss. Especially since you can't use it until 70%.
    Been staring at too many different numbers lately; I was being stupid. - BB itself gets the 50% armor pen, not everything for those 6sec. Why I see L.BB hitting for upwards of 1.3mil.

As I mentioned, all the extra fluff (fiery, icy's extra auto attack procs, dual wielding, 64 ES Mastery), is to help force-proc the 300% boosted one. 5:30parse, 78 PT's, 70 AQD's. The proc chance is 40%, but they're almost 1 for 1 considering on the dummy AQD cannot be used without the proc. - And that's why it just makes me sad that the 1pt IB spam wins out.

Shadowlander

One macro:

#show Battlefield Experience
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    cast Renewing Pod
    cast Petrified Barnacle Rune
    cast Consuming Fissure
    cast Consuming Flame

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    One macro:

#show Battlefield Experience
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    cast Renewing Pod
    cast Petrified Barnacle Rune
    cast Consuming Fissure
    cast Consuming Flame
    I honestly can't even begin to break down everything wrong with this macro. Please don't use it.

Rift Disciple

- Your rotation will always be Builder > Finisher except for when you need to refresh Legendary Tactics
    - Your main builders will be KotH and PT.
    - Only use Decisive Strike after a KotH, it will crit and not consume the crit buff allowing your next PT to still crit. Other than that, PT > DS
    - When you need to refresh Legendary Tactics, do it after a PT before the next AQD
    - Replace any AQD with BB to refresh Shatter

So if i am understanding you correctly, the best Single target with this spec is to spam PT - ICy Burst? (basically)

I understand we have to time the other stuff, KoTH, DS, etc... but when everything is on CD, we are basically hitting PT, IB, PT, IB, PT, IB ... is this correct?

Dont do 3 point finishers?
    Last edited by ace1623; 10-08-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    So if i am understanding you correctly, the best Single target with this spec is to spam PT - ICy Burst? (basically)

I understand we have to time the other stuff, KoTH, DS, etc... but when everything is on CD, we are basically hitting PT, IB, PT, IB, PT, IB ... is this correct?

Dont do 3 point finishers?
    It's not really worth waiting for 3 points before using ICY. Most of the time it will be 2 attack points and 3 when Arterial goes off. AQD is your actual finisher, it doesn't consume attack points or scale with AP, instead it gives you an attack point. ICY is just added in to consume those attack points for free damage.

Your main block is PT > AQD > PT > AQD.

Rift Disciple

AQD is your actual finisher.
    Ok, does this have to do the the legendary ability? Sorry, just trying to adapt this to Prime and my AQD wont go off until 40% health.

Additionally, if we use Icy Burst, i assume that we dont get to dip into Tactical Surge since icy burst isnt a warlord finisher?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    Ok, does this have to do the the legendary ability? Sorry, just trying to adapt this to Prime and my AQD wont go off until 40% health.

Additionally, if we use Icy Burst, i assume that we dont get to dip into Tactical Surge since icy burst isnt a warlord finisher?
    yes the legendary version can be used 100% of the time and also counts as a finisher so it triggers all the surges

+ Reply to Thread