+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 4.5 - Warlord Guide

Default 4.5 - Warlord Guide

DISCLAIMER:
    I will never claim to have the best spec and rotation. This spec is the best one I've found so far, others may find a better one. I will update as time goes on.

With Piercing Thrust fixed and the buff to Everything is a Weapon. Warlord gained a significant dps increase and has acquired the competitive status. Still lacks on disconnects though so use Riftblade if there is a lot of that. This is my highest parsing spec atm.

This guide assumes you are already level 70 and have the final stage Eternal (Or at least the second last stage eternal).

Spec: 61 WL / 13 Para / 2 RB
    Masteries: 65: Power Manipulation | 64: Ethereal Strikes | 63: Any | 62: Any | 61: Any
    Legendaries: Ready Posture | Everything is a Weapon | A Quick Death | Icy Burst | Swift Strike
    Buffs: Ready Posture | Deadly Posture | Storm Blade | Way of the River | Turn the Blade | Focus of Body (Outside raids)

Macros:
    #show A Quick Death
    cast Icy Burst
    cast A Quick Death

#show King of the Hill
    cast King of the Hill
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

#show Piercing Thrust
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

#show Decisive Strike
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

You also want to have Breaking Blow and Swift Strike on your bars.

Opener:
    Swift Strike > Breaking Blow

Rotation:
    A Builder Macro > AQD Macro

- Your rotation will always be Builder > Finisher except for when you need to refresh Legendary Tactics
    - Your main builders will be KotH and PT.
    - Only use Decisive Strike after a KotH, it will crit and not consume the crit buff allowing your next PT to still crit. Other than that, PT > DS
    - When you need to refresh Legendary Tactics, do it after a PT before the next AQD
    - Replace any AQD with BB to refresh Shatter

Cooldown Block:
    KotH > AQD > PT > AQD (Repeat until KotH goes on Cooldown, Use DS next)

- Go through a full rotation of KotH, DS and PT before popping Battlefield Experience
    - Make sure to refresh Legendary Tactics and Shatter before the cooldown block so it doesn't fall off during it
    - When KotH goes on cooldown, use Decisive Strike next.

Alt Cooldown Block: - Since DS doesn't consume the crit buff, this might be better
    KotH > AQD
    DS > AQD (Repeat this line, refresh KotH when it wears off.)

-You can also consume the crit buff with PT when there's a few seconds left on KotH.

Notes:
    - You will be consuming your second Everything is a Weapon proc with either Backhand or Arterial Strike.
    - Arterial should have close to 100% uptime
    - Both Arterial and Backhand trigger a cooldown for the other. This should be enough of a delay to not consume the second ability unbuffed. If you have both going off in one GCD, you may want to move them out of the macros and cast them separately.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 01-05-2019 at 03:29 AM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Disciple

I hate that this does more than the version i was messing with... However, comparing the two, our physical dmg numbers are not significantly different: leading me to believe that the new L.BB is buggered up. I think it's only counting the 10% given in the description, and not the 50% on a 3pt finisher.

Thanks for the tidbit about Decisive though.

Edit: In fact, after just checking... the debuff on the enemy is in fact only showing -10% armor, despite using a 3pt finisher...
    Last edited by Xethx; 07-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks very much for the build.
    I do have a question though... When would I use this over riftblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I think it's only counting the 10% given in the description, and not the 50% on a 3pt finisher.
    Honestly, I've never found abilities that bypass armour or resists to be all that useful. Might be decent in pvp but in raids it's never made much of a difference for me. So whether it's 10% or 50%, I don't think it would matter too much. Just my opinion though.

On another note, I did try your version. Dropping AQD is just a huge dps loss. Especially since you can't use it until 70%. BB could be better if it worked correctly. I really hate the Icy Bursts in my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    Thanks very much for the build.
    I do have a question though... When would I use this over riftblade?
    When you can melee forever and don't require a lot of cleave though the cleave is still decent in this spec. Ereandorn, Beruhast, Silgen, Beligosh, Tarjulia, Council, Isiel, Titan.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 07-18-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Telaran

edit* nevermind
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 07-18-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    So whether it's 10% or 50%, I don't think it would matter too much. Just my opinion though.

Dropping AQD is just a huge dps loss. Especially since you can't use it until 70%.
    Been staring at too many different numbers lately; I was being stupid. - BB itself gets the 50% armor pen, not everything for those 6sec. Why I see L.BB hitting for upwards of 1.3mil.

As I mentioned, all the extra fluff (fiery, icy's extra auto attack procs, dual wielding, 64 ES Mastery), is to help force-proc the 300% boosted one. 5:30parse, 78 PT's, 70 AQD's. The proc chance is 40%, but they're almost 1 for 1 considering on the dummy AQD cannot be used without the proc. - And that's why it just makes me sad that the 1pt IB spam wins out.

Telaran

One macro:

#show Battlefield Experience
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    cast Renewing Pod
    cast Petrified Barnacle Rune
    cast Consuming Fissure
    cast Consuming Flame

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    One macro:

#show Battlefield Experience
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    cast Renewing Pod
    cast Petrified Barnacle Rune
    cast Consuming Fissure
    cast Consuming Flame
    I honestly can't even begin to break down everything wrong with this macro. Please don't use it.

Rift Disciple

- Your rotation will always be Builder > Finisher except for when you need to refresh Legendary Tactics
    - Your main builders will be KotH and PT.
    - Only use Decisive Strike after a KotH, it will crit and not consume the crit buff allowing your next PT to still crit. Other than that, PT > DS
    - When you need to refresh Legendary Tactics, do it after a PT before the next AQD
    - Replace any AQD with BB to refresh Shatter

So if i am understanding you correctly, the best Single target with this spec is to spam PT - ICy Burst? (basically)

I understand we have to time the other stuff, KoTH, DS, etc... but when everything is on CD, we are basically hitting PT, IB, PT, IB, PT, IB ... is this correct?

Dont do 3 point finishers?
    Last edited by ace1623; 10-08-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    So if i am understanding you correctly, the best Single target with this spec is to spam PT - ICy Burst? (basically)

I understand we have to time the other stuff, KoTH, DS, etc... but when everything is on CD, we are basically hitting PT, IB, PT, IB, PT, IB ... is this correct?

Dont do 3 point finishers?
    It's not really worth waiting for 3 points before using ICY. Most of the time it will be 2 attack points and 3 when Arterial goes off. AQD is your actual finisher, it doesn't consume attack points or scale with AP, instead it gives you an attack point. ICY is just added in to consume those attack points for free damage.

Your main block is PT > AQD > PT > AQD.

Rift Disciple

AQD is your actual finisher.
    Ok, does this have to do the the legendary ability? Sorry, just trying to adapt this to Prime and my AQD wont go off until 40% health.

Additionally, if we use Icy Burst, i assume that we dont get to dip into Tactical Surge since icy burst isnt a warlord finisher?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    Ok, does this have to do the the legendary ability? Sorry, just trying to adapt this to Prime and my AQD wont go off until 40% health.

Additionally, if we use Icy Burst, i assume that we dont get to dip into Tactical Surge since icy burst isnt a warlord finisher?
    yes the legendary version can be used 100% of the time and also counts as a finisher so it triggers all the surges

Soulwalker

So basicly I went Trough the rotations and just couldn't get the hang of it....However I did Test previous Soloing version I had and I did some updates on it. This is my prefered build...Not saying it's better...just saying it seems a lot easier to me .

For me personaly works very well...I'm not max on gear but i can get solid DPS.
    If I compare it to the current top Warrior RB I must say it is close to it. The only downfall is that it's melee only.

So the Build is the same as your's(Considering souls and all)
    The customization I made is on The Macro side:

MAIN SPAM:

#show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Backhand
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Arterial Strike

2ND Fin:

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Piercing Thrust

Charge:

#show into the breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast into the breach
    cast Clear the breach

Now i know some things might be unlogical and I will still be working on perfecting it...Soo.

1st MACRO: the thing is I walways do Macros the way where we just rush trough cooldowns and than the spam ability. This is just the same it Goes with this one.
    The thing you do here is just SPAM away.

2nd MACRO: So it says this is the second finisher and that's because it really is your SECOND one. So the way you play this is you SPAM the 1.MACRO and use this Finisher(Always press it 2 times for Piercing thrust to do 200% damage). After Using this Finisher It will go into Cooldown... That's where you will have you'r third button with Icy Burst in place.

So basicly rotation is: SPAM-2ND FIN-SPAM -ICY----Just make sure whenever you'r 2ND FIN is off cooldown(USE IT and also use that Piercing Thrust for 200% DMG)

IF your 2ND FIN is on cooldown use ICY instead.

Use Swift Strike every 30s for that DPS boost

Now for the 3rd MACRO i put in there called CHARGE is just a macro with 2 charge abilitys that will help you jump arround on targets and speed up your mobility ;)

I used Dual wield and Two hand....It all seems like Dual makes about 60k increase to me ;)
    Last edited by XDgeek; 12-04-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDgeek View Post
    snip
    Can you show me a screenshot of your breakdown and gear? Looking at your macros and rotation, you are missing out on a lot of buffs Warlord has.

Killing Field is only good for cleave, don't use it for single target. There's a whole different rotation for cleaving. I tried to keep my guide simple as Riftblade is far superior in every way right now.

A Quick Death is a huge part of your dps. In your macro you have it at the bottom. You also have Battlefield Experience which means when BE goes off you will be spamming Decisive Strike and not getting any benefits from King of the Hill or Piercing Thrust.

King of the Hill buffs Piercing Thrust, Wave of Steel and Decisive Strike for 15s. It also forces a crit on the next cast of those abilities.

A Quick Death is a finisher, it simply gives you an attack point instead of consuming them. This is important for Everything is a Weapon. It also hits significantly harder than any other ability.

Everything is a Weapon causes your next two non-finisher attacks to hit twice as hard.

Piercing Thrust, Wave of Steel and Backhand cause you to do more damage to nearby targets. Piercing Thrust also hits harder than Decisive Strike.

(after the opener, Swift Strike > Breaking Blow)
    The Rotation laid out is:

KotH > AQD
    DS > AQD
    PT > AQD (Repeat this line until KotH at which point you just repeat the entire block.)

Replace any AQD with BB to refresh Shatter

After this you should realise that only one stack of Everything is a Weapon is being consumed. You can consume the second one with either Arterial Strike or Backhand. You will also realise that you have attack points that aren't being spent. This is the only reason Icy Burst is in the rotation, for free damage. Simply replace all four of the above abilities with the four macros from my post and you will have everything covered.

Once you are used to this simple motion, only then start worrying about the cooldown block.

Warlord is different from most typical warrior specs and can be a bit annoying to get used to. Your expecting the typical (Builder > Builder > Builder > Finisher) but here we have (Builder > Finisher)

Your macros can be simplified to:
    #show Piercing Thrust
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand

#show A Quick Death
    cast Icy Burst
    cast A Quick Death

You get to keep your two buttons but you still have to do 1 > 2 > 1 > 2 > 1 > 2 and so on.
    Have PT on a third button for when you use Battlefield Experience you can simply go 1 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 2
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 12-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Soulwalker

Just to Reply.....I was messing arround with the build later on and found some improvements...

Regarding my gear: 2300 hit

with that build that i posted i did sustain 730k

will return back with full post in 2 days when i get back online

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast